Metal Storm logo
Visual Kei and JPop/Rock Poll

Original post

Posted by Linak, 22.05.2006 - 06:20

(I came across this banner, will credit/remove if necessary)

I've decided to make this a lot more interesting by turning it into a poll, since there are not so many options for voting, I was forced to put together some of the possible answers for example since Due le Quartz and Miyavi share a lot in common (at least one member lol) I put them together, same I did with L'arc en Ciel and HYDE, If you choose to vote for one of these two options please do state on your post wether you were voting for the band, or the solist, I was cLose to doing this with Malice Mizer and Gackt but I guess I'd be getting on a certain mod's nerves ^^'

There are many other bands I would have liked to feature on this poll for example BLOOD, Sex Machineguns and Lareine, just to name a few, but again the lack of space wouldn't let me, anyway I only hope this thread would be a lot more interesting than the past one because of the poll add.

Here is the stuff I had put on the last thread I had made, I will probably be posting the pics later on the thread so enjoy!

OLD THREAD:

Good day world, Linak-sama here!

After having some nice, sweet short (ha!) conversations with Blackgir and Darth Satanious at the 'Moi Dix Moi/Malice Mizer' thread, I decided it was time to have a brand new and specific thread about japanese rock/pop, and the Visual Kei movement! Yes I'm a happy girl right now!

From Wikipedia: (yah we all love wikipedia XD)

Visual Kei, literally "visual type", refers to a movement in J-Rock which started in the 1980s and became widely popular in Japan by the 1990s.

Origins:
Largely the movement is credited to have been started "almost single handedly" by X Japan, however a rising trend of utilizing visual shock to gain membership in the independent scene was well in effect by the time X went major; they may be seen in this sense not as a catalyst for the movement, but a mechanism to involve dominant Japanese popular culture with it. Bands in the early 1990s such as Luna Sea, Zi:Kill, Shazna, and Baiser along with previous bands Buck-Tick and X Japan encouraged a "boom" of this media culture.

Characteristics:
Visual Kei is characterised by bands using dramatic costumes and visual imagery to enhance the band's performance. Within Japan, the fan-base almost solely consists of girls and young women and is marketed strongly to that audience with items such as tradeable stickers, glossy photo-books, picture-postcards of band members and so on. In other countries, the comparatively small quantity of Visual Kei followers is roughly an equal division between male and female youth. Visual Kei is often focused upon in the West as a uniquely Japanese part of the Rock music scene.

Members of Visual Kei bands often wear striking makeup, style their hair in dramatic shapes (reminiscent of "glam metal" bands from the '80s) and wear elaborate costumes. Although the vast majority of the musicians are male, band members will often wear makeup and clothing which would be considered 'feminine' or 'androgynous'. Recently, some bands are returning to the more colourful and "fantastic" image popular 5 or 6 years ago, taking inspiration from computer roleplaying games and anime. The appeal of the costumes to fans is so great that large numbers of girls will cosplay as members of their favourite bands, particularly in Harajuku, at live concerts in Japan, or in North America, Chile, Spain and Australia at anime conventions.

Bands:
Visual Kei bands, being defined primarily by visual style, do not necessarily play a specific type of music. They most often play general J-rock (Luna Sea, Dir en grey) and vocal based pop or light rock (Glay, Gackt).

However, there are also bands playing or influenced by Heavy Metal (Sex Machineguns, Onmyo-Za), Darkwave (Velvet Eden, Schwarz Stein), Industrial rock, Punk rock and various other genres can be found. Taking the genre in a wide sense, most of the bands would be considered to play some kind of "rock" music. Particularly popular in recent years are the projects of Mana; Malice Mizer (now defunct) and Moi dix Mois.

Within the field of Visual Kei several popular movements have arose; the fashion style Gothic Lolita and the musical sub-genres; EroGuro and Angura Kei, which form particular visual styles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_Kei

So I totally completely love this genre, for real, not only Malice Mizer, (I'm posting mostly their pictures because my computer is full of them, and I don't really have a lot of pics from other bands, shame on me I know), but there are so many, and I mean SO many bands that could be talked about, and this is what this thread is all about, bands recommendations, post lyrics translations, reviews and a whole lot of sharing and trading! Fanfiction? Why not!

Anything JROCK/VISUALKEI/JPOP related is sure as hell welcome!

Now! Who wants to share?!

I'll start first and offer ANYONE a big huge cyber hug if you can link me to Gazette's Tokyo Shinjuu lyrics translation!

Talk to me people talk to meee, any jrockers out there, this is your mating call bwahaha, come little children and speak up! I wanna see who has some reaaally good music taste over here ne! Oh and I hope Blackgir doesn't get maddy at me ^^' I mean goodie, hontou! (for real!)

Ah yes, one last thing, if you're a geek like me and sometimes post phrases in pretty pretty japanese, be a good sexy-beam and translate onegai! (please!) see how easy that was?!

Alright! *huggles* Post on! </crazyfangirlsqueals>

Poll

Favorite Visual K/JRock/JPop Band/Singer out of these:

X Japan
Dir en Grey
Other, name it
Moi Dix Mois
Gackt
Malice Mizer
Gazette
L'arc en Ciel/HYDE
Due le Quartz/Miyavi

Total votes: 56
05.07.2006 - 05:55
Linak
I Own You Bitch
*sigh*
What a lovely day isn't it... July 4th... I think it's glorious, the sky is clear, the birds are singing, the flowers are blooming, ahh lovely... uh another thing too

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GACKT SAMA!!!!!!!!!!!

Yaaay >.< he turns around 33 now nobody is exactly sure because he hasn't revealed his year of birth, but I dont care, as long as I get to wake up SCREAAAMING happy birthday on the top of my lungs yaay!

It's a shame HYDE is touring America right now cause they'd totally spend the day together waaa, he is so calling him anyway, can you imagine??

HYDE: Congratulations Gacchan! Happy Birthday!
Gackt: Why Hideto, you remembered, I'm flattered!
HYDE: How could I forget? You're all I think about...
Gackt: Oh, Hideto, how I've longed to hear you speak those words...
HYDE: It's okay now my love, you don't have to wait any longer.. ahh... *moans*
Gackt: Hideto, Hideto-- what are you wearing? *deeper moan*

*EXPLODES*

Honestly, check this out, after July 7th, HYDE has got a week off, that's when he returns to Japan, and incidentally, my beloved Gackt cancelled his appearance at an expo in France that he was supposed to attend, starting July 7th... CRAZYGROUPIE

*Jumps up and down* So I guess they're gonna be spending a whooole week together, omg omg omg that's like an entire week worth of fantasies!! >.<

I wish someone could be here to bug with my nonesense, waa I'm really bored! I want Blackgir back NOW!!

So in Japan it must be around 4 or 5 in the morning of July 5th but I'm sure the party is still going on and right now Gackt is most likely drunk and horny and I'm not THERE! *GRRRR*
Oh well, at least Yuu and Chacha are watchign his back lol I bet Mana is there too drunk and horny too bwahahaha! Our only hopes is they get naughty with each other, videotape it and upload it to gacktxhyde.com

I'd honestly give my legs to be on that party with the hottest men in Japan!! can you actually imagine?? I bet Yoshiki is there... just because he is hot and sexy and really really famous lol and the dudes from Utaban MUST be there too cause they're so disturbingly funny, who knows, maybe even Yu~ki is there! ... okay I doubt Mana would be there but, a girl can dream huh! n_n
Who else who else... I know! OMFG... the Kinky Kids!! and Ai Kago!! waaa that sounds like SOO much fun! >.<

I also be there's loads of whores women flying around my Gaku like cannibals.. damn those ugly bats... If I were there... I would have tricked them all into showing them something in the basement, chopping them to pieces and feeding them to the dogs... *grrr*

Soooooooo, anybody wanna wish Gacchan happy birthday???
I'm gonna drink a whole bottle of wine on his name today yaay! Simply because I feel like it and I'm bored! woooo

OTANYOUBI OMEDETO GACCHAN!!
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
12.07.2006 - 23:10
Ruines
Account deleted
eeeeeeeeewwwww

*disgust
13.07.2006 - 01:28
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Written by [user id=14603] on 12.07.2006 at 23:10

eeeeeeeeewwwww

*disgust

lol well at least you posted nice maple ^^'
and if my memory doesn't deceive me, I sent you once a Dir en Grey song and you said it wasn't THAT bad so that's gotta count y'know
----
13.07.2006 - 02:13
Ruines
Account deleted
not THAT bad still is BAD

i know you still love me laura even if i do not have a fucked up sexuality
13.07.2006 - 04:52
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Written by [user id=14603] on 13.07.2006 at 02:13

not THAT bad still is BAD

i know you still love me laura even if i do not have a fucked up sexuality

Yes well the thing is you do have a fucked up sexuality stop spamming on my VisualK/JPop/Rock thread and I'll love you more just say you vote for Gackt and I'll let you go without remorse ^^'

omfg see that kinda rhymed? :| I rule!!

AND OMG hold on to your panties boys... Gackt has announced to be seriously considering a tour around: EUROPE, CHINA AND USA!!!!!!!!!! USA!!!!!!!!!!! That is like one country apart!!!! omg omg >.< *dies*

lol that was actually rather old news but still it is sooo exciting!
----
13.07.2006 - 13:23
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by [user id=14603] on 12.07.2006 at 23:10

eeeeeeeeewwwww

*disgust

Don't spam please These kind of "small jokes" should be done through PM, not on the forum.

or

can you explain why you think Visual Kei is "eeeewwww".
13.07.2006 - 15:38
Ruines
Account deleted
Boys dressing like girls just ain't my thing. Except for Laura of course

Actually the music isn't horrible, they do put out some interesting music compared to most of the us pop scene. BUT, it's still iritating to me when i hear some jpop.

Only japanese song i REALLY enjoyed, tought i don't really know if it's jpop or not, is Berserk's song "Forces". That song rule.
13.07.2006 - 17:08
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by [user id=14603] on 13.07.2006 at 15:38

Boys dressing like girls just ain't my thing. Except for Laura of course

Actually the music isn't horrible, they do put out some interesting music compared to most of the us pop scene. BUT, it's still iritating to me when i hear some jpop.

Only japanese song i REALLY enjoyed, tought i don't really know if it's jpop or not, is Berserk's song "Forces". That song rule.

Hm, ok, that is understandable, personally I find it quite interesting to see guys dress up like girls. At least, when it comes to persons like Mana. It just looks amazing. It totally changed my view on the whole crossdressing thingie.

Why do you compare it with pop? Let me guess..Laura only let you listen to some Gackt, did she? Most of the Visual Kei bands are playing metal, goth rock, darkwave or industrial music. Plus there are a whole lot of bands that can be simply called J-rock. It happens hardly that a Visual Kei band makes J-pop. You should ignore most of the J-pop, since it isn't any better than most of the stuff released from the US pop scene. *cough*L'arc~en~Ciel*cough* though, there are a few seiyuu with amazing vocals and J-pop songs/albums, such as Kuribayashi Minami and Houko Kuwashima.

Hm, I don't remember anything about that song..so I guess I didn't like it But yes, I agree there are some animes with good J-rock or J-pop songs
13.07.2006 - 17:22
Ruines
Account deleted
mmm well, i know shit about japanese music. But Laura made me listen to Gackt and Dir En Grey. Both i do not carry in my heart. Especialy Gackt who seem to find pleasure in shooting photos of him naked with light popping out of between his legs.

eeeeeeeeeeewwwwww
*disgust
13.07.2006 - 18:36
Linak
I Own You Bitch
mhmmm : )))))))))))))

You mean this one Maple??

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a250/funeralbitch/newgackt5.jpg

That's so hot you know

@Blackgir: HEY!! *death glare* L'arc en Ciel is good!! >.< and HYDE is a GOD! :|

Honestly you two, is it so bad that I try to show you some Gackt because it is my deepest interest to make the world a beautiful place? *melodramatic faint* ^^' mehehe...
----
13.07.2006 - 18:52
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by [user id=14603] on 13.07.2006 at 17:22

mmm well, i know shit about japanese music. But Laura made me listen to Gackt and Dir En Grey. Both i do not carry in my heart. Especialy Gackt who seem to find pleasure in shooting photos of him naked with light popping out of between his legs.

Hm, ask Laura to send you some Moi Dix Mois, or try some songs from the album "Bara no Seidu" from Malice Mizer. That will definitly change your opinion. And if you want something heavy/power metal related. Try "Vanishing Vision" or "Blue Blood" of X-Japan. Gackt..well, he was only good in Malice Mizer because Mana knew what Gackt talent was. Since Gackt went solo it went all wrong. Now he is just a J-pop singer.. he should have listened to Mana, hmph.

And about the nude pics, well, that's why Gackt lost his talent. When he was in Malice Mizer he would never do that

Written by Linak on 13.07.2006 at 18:36

@Blackgir: HEY!! *death glare* L'arc en Ciel is good!! >.< and HYDE is a GOD! :|

Honestly you two, is it so bad that I try to show you some Gackt because it is my deepest interest to make the world a beautiful place? *melodramatic faint* ^^' mehehe...

Hyde is not god, he is married (sorry if that was a bit too cruel ).
Tell me, why is L'arc~en~Ciel good? Maybe you can convince me(but probably not )

I already knew Gackt before I talked to you Gackt is amazing in Malice Mizer, but nowadays..well, you know my opinion
15.07.2006 - 18:51
Linak
I Own You Bitch
@Blackgir: Then I suppose I will be sending you a lot of L'arc en Ciel from now on huh about Maple, I've already tried sticking japanese music up every hole on his body, nothing works, I believe he is destined to living with bad taste in music after all >.< lol

Anywaaaay guess what guess what!!
*squeals*
I've got the links to scanlations of a tabloid that printed Gackt's latest sex scandal!! ZAMFG

Supposedly, they interviewed 3 fans who said that Gackt released his email on his official site available only for Dears (members of the official fanclub) and that he kept in touch with these 3 girls (aged 26, 28 and 30 I think) until he met them for a one night stand, and them dumped them bad... then they interviewed one of his exgirlfriends who said she was really mad at him because of the way he treated her, she said he acts like women are his slaves sex slaves raise your hands *raises hand*, anyway that can't be true, at first when I read this, my inner crazyfangirl started roaring, like, how can a man who cries over Banana Fish, who writes something like Secret Garden, who releases an album such as Love Letter, who giggles when he says the words 'pork belly' BE SUCH A BLOODLESS PEEBAG!...

But then I calmed down and started thinking about things, firstly, Gackt has said on several interviews that he doesn't date fans until he meets me, because it would be way too complicated, secondly, unless the whores fans were smoking hot, I don't see a reason why he would actually date them, it's not like he's lacking some action, all he needs to do is walk out the street and women will be throwing themselves at him, and finally.. it is the word of a tabloid... which isn't a reliable source AT ALL, so to me, this isn't but a bad rumor; Gackt is human, he makes mistakes, I don't doubt that he has acted wrongly towards another woman, but I don't think he makes a sport out of it.

Anyway these are the links:

This is the scanlation of the chinese tabloid with a small translation of what's it about:

http://community.livejournal.com/dears/1154993.html

This one is from the japanese tabloid:

http://gacktisgod.livejournal.com/155495.html

*sigh*
As crazyfangirl myself, I seriously think this isn't something to really ponder in, because after all we shouldn't really care about their private lives, since that's exactly what it is, private, what we should worry and concentrate in is that our dear Gacchan doesn't stop making lovely lovely music am I right Blackgir? besides, I don't care about who he sleeps with... unless it's directly related to HYDE ooohohoho *shameless*

The last paragraph is all fiction, it is due to lack of sleep and sugar OD and the writer should not be held responsible for his/her words

lol ^^'
----
19.07.2006 - 16:07
Joey Jo Jo
Piece of shit
Besides X Japan, which are only okay, they're good stuff is of very small quantity. All these bands have nothing relly that interesting. It feels like I'm hearing commercial nu metal with a lot new elements left over from other over the top genres just thrown in. A lot of those bands sound like they all have X Japan's Dahlia on thier most played album lists somewhere near the top.

However, I am speaking very generally since I have only heard very little from few bands.
----
"If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys."
- Orson Welles
19.07.2006 - 19:44
AntaeusM
Elite
@Linak, Hm,still didn't receive any L'arc~en~Ciel from you Well, I guess so, though, he likes black metal Maybe Japanese black metal will work Nah, Visual Kei is not for everyone. However, I still advice him to give X Japan a chance

And no, you are not right about Gackt and his (*cough*mediocre)music

@Fellini Wizard, you have only heard X Japan and Malice Mizer as far as I know, you cannot really judge about it probably Though, some of the bands do sound like nu-metal. You even have a good point here, because some J-Rock bands(Déspairsray and also slightly Dir En Grey) have similarities with nu-metal bands; they just stick a different label on it(J-rock or Visual Kei). Though, there are so many genres related to Visual Kei, it is just a small part that makes nu-metal related music.
20.07.2006 - 06:55
Joey Jo Jo
Piece of shit
It sounds like a really bizzarre version of Nu metal. Few simalarities on it.
But damn, do they actually expect people to easily get into this stuff?
----
"If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys."
- Orson Welles
20.07.2006 - 07:45
Linak
I Own You Bitch
@Fellini Wizard:

Whoa you make it sound as if their music is similar to nails on a blackboard, honestly, for open minded metalheads, yes, it is easy to get into visual kei, because there are many elements that are shared between them.

You just have to find a band that plays something rather similar to what you are really into, and then it'll start growing on you, I see you like Ministry, then give Dir en Grey a try, I know Blackgir will support me on this one, why don't you give Moi Dix Mois a try? Musically speaking, they're one of the best things out there, and it's one of the band that most appeal to metalheads out of the japanese scene.

Or Sex Machineguns, seeing as you are also into W.A.S.P. I mean it may not be identical but as you said, there are a few similarities, and that's what will make them bands grow in you in the end, it's not hard at all to get into this stuff

In my opinion, most of them visual kei bands have a lot more of a gothic influence than that of nu metal in clothing, music style and lyrics, then again I'm not denying that yes, it could be compared to some point
----
20.07.2006 - 20:39
Joey Jo Jo
Piece of shit
I've heard Dir En Grey, they're actually good.
But Malice Mizer is just way too over the top for me.
Any albums I should check out for Dir En Grey?
----
- Orson Welles
20.07.2006 - 23:30
Linak
I Own You Bitch
I would recommend you to check out Vulgar, that's my favorite full length album from them, it's a bit darker than the rest, so that's good and if you're in the mood for something strange, I'd recommend you to get Six Ugly, it's an album with only 6 songs but they're the weirdest songs ever, specially Umbrella lol, that's one of my favorite Diru songs, okay well hope that helps.

About Malice Mizer, haha well I expect you have only listened to their first albums, why don't you give the last one a try? Bara no Seidou, that's something that would appeal to metalheads, more than the first 3 albums anyway. (Although I sustain that Merveilles is their best album )
----
24.07.2006 - 21:23
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
I voted for X japan, but i like more Loudness or concerto moon , i have a question: what is the band that plays in the soundtrack of FLCL anime?
25.07.2006 - 05:12
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Vinnie R. on 24.07.2006 at 21:23

I voted for X japan, but i like more Loudness or concerto moon , i have a question: what is the band that plays in the soundtrack of FLCL anime?

Please explain your opinion why you voted for X Japan and not for one of the other options.

Concerto Moon shouldn't be in this topic eh, because they play power metal. Loudness could be mentioned. However, I find it very difficult to compare them with the bands that are mentioned in this topic. Loudness are so different.

the pillows made the song for that anime. I can really recommend you to try this band.
06.08.2006 - 07:16
Linak
I Own You Bitch
OMG
OMG
OMG
OMG
*DIES*
OMFG
!!!
>.<
Lol why is it that everytime I get super excited about something, first thing I do is post it here??
ooooommmmmfffffgggggg!!!!!!!

check this out!:

http://community.livejournal.com/gacktxhyde/936330.html

GACKT and YOSHIKI are making a BAND!!!!!!!!!!
waa!!!
>>>>.<<<<

just add a little bit of nakedness and it'll be the BEST band in history!!!!
lol
I am SO excited! I wanna see what they come up with!
I wanna read the incredible amount of smecksy fanfics with Gackt/Yoshiki pairing!!
I wanna have them release a porn tape!
lol I bet it's gonna be something seriously perverted lol ^^ we're talking about GACKT and YOSHIKI together....
omg
I'll die! *deaded... again*
hoooo
this is like sugar high!
AGAIN!
>.<
----
10.08.2006 - 20:50
Soliloquy
this koreian/viet girl who sat beside me in one of my classes introduced to me the whole concept. at first i was a lil skeptic and was like 'the fuck is wrong with these guys?!' but then i gave their music a try, and must say, i'm amazed. although i still dont understand the whole getup they have going on for them, but i'll judge thier music and not their visual stuff.

she introduced me to a few bands that i lost track of, but 'X-Japan' stayed in my head. i did a lil 'youtube.com' search on em and came across 'Art of Life' and there you go. and ever since then, ive just been amazed by their stuff...

their live preformance was a drag though. they could play awsome stuff. and i was amazed by the drummer to move around that fast for that long. but their guitarist(hide or heath or soemthing) just stood there and did absolutly nothing. like seirously! ive seen rusted cars decay faster. but still, they were awsome. too bad the guitarist died, the lead vocalist left em, and the band broke up.

and too bad their stuff is hidiously hard to find! i would love to get my hands on their 'art of life' album but majority of htier stuff is found in japan, and i live on the other side of the wrold. so that would only allow me to import their stuff in, which would take a) over 6 months. and b ) over 50 bucks for one cd!
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
14.08.2006 - 08:29
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
X Japan by far though Dir en Grey and L'arc en Ciel are the next closest. But none of those acts did what X Japan did. They completely revolutionized music in Japan as far as I'm concerned.They had great musicians,Yoshiki is one of the best drummers EVER! No one of this movement was as influential as them.
14.08.2006 - 22:50
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Written by [user id=823] on 14.08.2006 at 08:29

X Japan by far though Dir en Grey and L'arc en Ciel are the next closest. But none of those acts did what X Japan did. They completely revolutionized music in Japan as far as I'm concerned.They had great musicians,Yoshiki is one of the best drummers EVER! No one of this movement was as influential as them.

Ho, so you like Yoshiki
What do you think about the project he has announced to start with Gackt now? I say it's going to be one hell of a sexy band, I wonder which other musicians are going to join them, I hope it's Miyavi ^^ they could use some younger fresh ahh *sharpens teeth*
: )))
----
15.08.2006 - 23:56
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Yoshiki is suffering the Paul McCartney syndrome.
----
Christless
16.08.2006 - 03:48
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Linak on 14.08.2006 at 22:50

Ho, so you like Yoshiki
What do you think about the project he has announced to start with Gackt now? I say it's going to be one hell of a sexy band, I wonder which other musicians are going to join them, I hope it's Miyavi ^^ they could use some younger fresh ahh *sharpens teeth*

Too be honest with you,I havent heard about the new project,I really dont get to caught up in there side projects,I havent really listened to Violet UK or whatever they are called,I still prefer the old X Japan stuff,but it does sound interested keep me updated haha
16.08.2006 - 10:59
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
Written by Darth Satanious on 15.08.2006 at 23:56

Yoshiki is suffering the Paul McCartney syndrome.

lol, I'd have to agree with you there DS... from one to another to another...so on and so forth...
16.08.2006 - 11:03
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
Written by Linak on 14.08.2006 at 22:50

Ho, so you like Yoshiki

You really need to take sedatives or something like that, no offense, but just judging by the way you sound here (by the way, I do like X japan too, but not Gackt...), you make it seem as if you are constantly hyped about this stuff... to excess... lol
16.08.2006 - 17:57
Linak
I Own You Bitch
lol yes that tends to happen to some of us rabidcrazyfangirls out there ^^
but it's nothing serious though nothing a couple of smutty fanfics can't fix mmm, my fix *drool*
----
18.08.2006 - 01:18
Soliloquy
check this video out. i'm not familiar with the 3 guitarists...but i can say they are pretty good. you guys might recognize em:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NW-VtY4J8ZI
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde