Metal Storm logo
Children Of Bodom

Original post

Posted by Warman, 02.09.2007 - 15:49
New thread for CoB.

Last discussion was about the new song, "Tie My Rope", and the upcoming album of course.

Continue the discussion!
03.12.2007 - 18:33
CrimsonSoaked
Account deleted
Written by VPeter on 03.12.2007 at 15:38

Written by [user id=26446] on 03.12.2007 at 03:57

Depends on the individual, I have always loved Laiho's voice and always respected his immense talent for playing the guitar despite them making 2 weak albums in a row now, and nothing they ever do will be anything even close to the first 3 albums because they are all classics and they have gone in a totally new direction, it's just like with Satyricon and how they sound now (totally different to before 1997) wishing for the good old days won't bring them back it's over and gone so you gotta deal with it.

Personally I am really worried that Blooddrunk is gonna be even worse than Are You Dead Yet? which is why I probably will not buy it, just download it for free but then again maybe Laiho will surprise me and pull something huge out.

It's a shame really cause Norther and Kalmah get stronger and stronger and Bodom gets weaker as time passes, it makes me kinda sad to think of it but it's true.

there are 2 types of changes
1: good changes
2: bad changes

CoB did the second one, the numetal parts in there new albums screw up Alexi's guitar work completly.
Satyricon's change from symphonic/melodic black to technical black metal was a good one.
to be honest I really don't understand why people keep comparing Kalmah and Norther to CoB.
yes Kalmah and Norther have power elements, but they are really melodic death while CoB is more extreme power with harsh vocals.

This is what also I have been wondering since the new album title was announced.
Why does Alexi purposely neglect his guitar-playing abilities ,which no doubt are one of the best in the world, by playing this kind of shit ,which AYDY represented and Bloodrunk will represent.

It would just be better for every one , if they just gone back to the square one , the neo-classical Something Wild and Hatebreeder days.

Just waiting with a fear, when will CoB sink to the dark eventually
To the deep abysses of Nu metal . . .
05.12.2007 - 03:10
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by [user id=24776] on 03.12.2007 at 18:33

Depends on the individual, I have always loved Laiho's voice and always respected his immense talent for playing the guitar despite them making 2 weak albums in a row now, and nothing they ever do will be anything even close to the first 3 albums because they are all classics and they have gone in a totally new direction, it's just like with Satyricon and how they sound now (totally different to before 1997) wishing for the good old days won't bring them back it's over and gone so you gotta deal with it.

Personally I am really worried that Blooddrunk is gonna be even worse than Are You Dead Yet? which is why I probably will not buy it, just download it for free but then again maybe Laiho will surprise me and pull something huge out.

It's a shame really cause Norther and Kalmah get stronger and stronger and Bodom gets weaker as time passes, it makes me kinda sad to think of it but it's true.

CoB did the second one, the numetal parts in there new albums screw up Alexi's guitar work completly.
Satyricon's change from symphonic/melodic black to technical black metal was a good one.
to be honest I really don't understand why people keep comparing Kalmah and Norther to CoB.
yes Kalmah and Norther have power elements, but they are really melodic death while CoB is more extreme power with harsh vocals.

This is what also I have been wondering since the new album title was announced.
Why does Alexi purposely neglect his guitar-playing abilities ,which no doubt are one of the best in the world, by playing this kind of shit ,which AYDY represented and Bloodrunk will represent.

It would just be better for every one , if they just gone back to the square one , the neo-classical Something Wild and Hatebreeder days.

LOL!!! You guys really now, Children of Bodom doesn't play NuMetal...and aren't even close. Do you guys know what NuMetal is or know any NuMetal bands? Limp Bizkit, Korn, and the likes are NuMetal. Now tell me AYDY? sounds like these bands lol.
Don't expect the old COB on Blooddrunk, if you are paying attention to the COB new part 2 you will notice the guitar playing. The new album, I can already tell, is going to be a lil more on the death metal side with melodic tendencies. Its not going to be NuMetal and Its not going to be AYDY, and its not going to be OLD COB either. Just wait and see. There are so many bands doing the extreme power metal thing better than they did anyway, COB needed to evolve and they needed change, accept it, they have changed whether you like it or not.
05.12.2007 - 16:28
CrimsonSoaked
Account deleted
Written by [user id=20536] on 05.12.2007 at 03:10

Written by [user id=24776] on 03.12.2007 at 18:33

LOL!!! You guys really now, Children of Bodom doesn't play NuMetal...and aren't even close. Do you guys know what NuMetal is or know any NuMetal bands? Limp Bizkit, Korn, and the likes are NuMetal. Now tell me AYDY? sounds like these bands lol.
Don't expect the old COB on Blooddrunk, if you are paying attention to the COB new part 2 you will notice the guitar playing. The new album, I can already tell, is going to be a lil more on the death metal side with melodic tendencies. Its not going to be NuMetal and Its not going to be AYDY, and its not going to be OLD COB either. Just wait and see. There are so many bands doing the extreme power metal thing better than they did anyway, COB needed to evolve and they needed change, accept it, they have changed whether you like it or not.

"Evolveing" hardly is the word for their changing state. But atleast his a killer guitar hero, that's something to be proad of too, even if his music would generally be relatively shit.

Yeah and Nu metal can hardly be called something ,what sounds like metal. I have heard Limp Bizkit and Korn and I honestly thought that they were rap or some american boobie pop before the man on the radio revealed their names.

Well things changes, I don't got none of their albums as real copies either so what's the big
deal. We had a good run . . .
05.12.2007 - 20:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Make your quaotes shorter !!!! because I wanna read who sad that tahy play Nu metal but cant find it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.12.2007 - 14:09
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hahaha, damn! I know my MetalStorm and I can just see the forthcoming (meaningless?) discussion in front of me: "Children Of Bodom: Nu Metal Or Not?" Hahaha, I'll already now say that I won't participate in it!
----
06.12.2007 - 17:55
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Warman: haha why not...i's going to be great...just like when the discussion was about death vs extreme power
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
06.12.2007 - 18:16
FOOCK Nam
Not nu metal, its like a little bit metal core with melodic guitar for Are You Dead Yet, my own observation/opinion, and I wont fight to prove thats true;D
08.12.2007 - 02:38
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
just put up some news, hasnt been accepted, (might never be accepted), but CoB have finished Blooddrunk, according to a bulletin posted on their myspace i am really interested to see which direction theyre heading in now
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
08.12.2007 - 04:27
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 08.12.2007 at 02:38

just put up some news, hasnt been accepted, (might never be accepted), but CoB have finished Blooddrunk, according to a bulletin posted on their myspace i am really interested to see which direction theyre heading in now

Yeah, I'm interested as well. Not really sure what to expect from this album, but it should be something wild
11.12.2007 - 13:39
VPeter
Actually they sound a lot like numetal, not like the Slipknot and Limp Bizkit kind but there are touches of numetal trough the album. I actually fear that Bloodrunk will be even worse, since they are taking a clear course. Aperntly you haven't read mine post, I said they have changed and acepted it, but it was a BAD CHANGE.
15.12.2007 - 01:42
Warman
Erotic Stains
Sure, I look forward to the new album but it's nothing compared to how much I look forward to the tour! I've seen them twice, at The Unholy Alliance they were okay but the first time at the Stockholm Knockout Live show they were just amazing! Seriously one of the best concerts I've ever attended!
----
17.12.2007 - 10:28
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Warman on 15.12.2007 at 01:42

Sure, I look forward to the new album but it's nothing compared to how much I look forward to the tour! I've seen them twice, at The Unholy Alliance they were okay but the first time at the Stockholm Knockout Live show they were just amazing! Seriously one of the best concerts I've ever attended!

Lucky bastard, European bands dont tour here much, Bodom already came once and that was with the unholy alliance (and I missed it), as much as I dont like the fact of a band going majorly mainstream because of 1 or 2 albums, I hope they sell enough records to fund another world tour that comes here.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
10.01.2008 - 16:31
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Warman on 15.12.2007 at 01:42

Hopefully this willbe better than Are You Dead Yet?.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
19.01.2008 - 21:35
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Supposedly this is the new album artwork http://www.scythes-of-bodom.com/gfx/news/Children_Of_Bodom-Blooddrunk.jpg I like it, I'm sure there will be critics though. http://www.scythes-of-bodom.com/site.php?lang=en
19.01.2008 - 21:42
Warman
Erotic Stains
Looks different, not sure what to think of it. I'm sure it'll be good though since I like all their releases so far.
----
20.01.2008 - 07:08
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
@Bluemobius
That artwork is sweet. I dont think I'll be disappointed in the new album.
----
- George Carlin
20.01.2008 - 11:38
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Looks pretty cool the new artwork...I for sure like it. Hope the music will live up to it
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
28.01.2008 - 15:03
Mosquiller

Children Of Bodom and some other bands (type o negative, ...) have covered 'Britney Spears' Songs !

Download from : http://rapidshare.com/files/83892739/BS-2007-Metal.Covers-www.persiadownloads.com.zip ~40 MB
----
Written by Konrad on 10.12.2009 at 22:41

Hey, if you put your mind to something, you can accomplish it...just don't give up.
28.01.2008 - 18:42
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
NEW BODOM SONG ONLINE AT THEIR MYSPACE!
http://www.myspace.com/childrenofbodom
It's definitely NOT AYDY sounding...
29.01.2008 - 01:33
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Its actually pretty good, Im not into there slower type songs, but still not bad.
----
- George Carlin
29.01.2008 - 01:41
Warman
Erotic Stains
It's great just as I expected. It seems that they still got it.
----
29.01.2008 - 01:52
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
their new song is pretty good, no hatbreeder, but still quite solid - better than what i expected
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
29.01.2008 - 13:52
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I'm gona check that new song.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
29.01.2008 - 13:59
iaberis
Advice Troll
Sounds Ok... Although I'm not that big in CoB...
----
Bitch! Please
29.01.2008 - 15:21
Skeggjadr
Account deleted
This is a band that I really, really used to love back when I was getting into metal... back then I thought they were Black Metal! Sometimes I still listen to the first 2 albums and Tokyo Warhearts purely for Alexi's solos: he's awesome and has a really great style. To be honest they started goin to the dogs after Hatebreeder, to the point where they now have no impact at all. Too much melodic wankery for me, and from listening to that new song on shitspace, and seeing that they attract fans who spell rocks as "rawks"... well...
29.01.2008 - 16:28
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by [user id=2943] on 29.01.2008 at 15:21

and seeing that they attract fans who spell rocks as "rawks"... well...

Who gives a crap? What makes you so much better than them? Your "better than thou" complex?
29.01.2008 - 18:37
Skeggjadr
Account deleted
Written by [user id=20536] on 29.01.2008 at 16:28

Who gives a crap? What makes you so much better than them? Your "better than thou" complex?

I didn't say I'm better, I just hate internet slang, and people who spell things like this: "hawt", "rawk" and "teh" are usually into trendy crap like indie and emo. Just an observation.
29.01.2008 - 18:49
VPeter
the song sounds exactly the same like AYDY even worse.... *holds space of the worst album of the year 2008 clear for Bloodrunk*
30.01.2008 - 04:20
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=2943] on 29.01.2008 at 18:37

I didn't say I'm better, I just hate internet slang, and people who spell things like this: "hawt", "rawk" and "teh" are usually into trendy crap like indie and emo. Just an observation.

Meh, I really don't c how that has got anything 2 do with teh music.
----
- George Carlin
30.01.2008 - 22:13
Skeggjadr
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 30.01.2008 at 04:20

Written by [user id=2943] on 29.01.2008 at 18:37

Meh, I really don't c how that has got anything 2 do with teh music.

Hahahaha! Seen as I can't tell if you're being serious there... I'll just answer: Yes, it has everything to do with the music. The fans reflect the music. I think COB are becoming more accessible, whether they want to or not, and I don't like that sound.