Metal Storm logo
Extreme MetalStormers

Original post

Posted by Lucas, 30.07.2006 - 16:06
So, welcome to the thread.

Dream_of_Hate and I had the idea of creating a sort of 'club' of MetalStormers, who love extreme metal. Something like the 'Hampster Metal' group we have. You do not have to pay contribution (though you are allowed), you just have to like extreme metal and have space in your signature.

So, we still need the banner. Anyone interested in joining, and willing to help with creating the banner, your help is appreciated. You can post suggestions about how the banner is going to look like here. Also for questions and all other stuff, just ask.
11.08.2006 - 18:15
Herzebeth
That Last.Fm idea is kind of cool...so how does that shit works and all, I've heard a lot of it but I haven't used it actually.

anyway..so does anybody else likes any of those banners? if everyone agrees then..our banner is already done..
----
11.08.2006 - 23:06
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Yeah, I'm in on Last.fm idea too. Dunno how it works though.

But anyway, I think we should start getting our asses to vote.

So, if someone could place all the thusfar collected banners in one post, and name them.
Naming them 'banner1' and 'banner2' would be enough.

Then you can all send your vote through PM to me, I'll collect them and tell you the winner.

Let's say that we close the voting next friday. So exactly 7 days from now. It is now the 11th, so the voting closes on the 18th.

Thank you!

@Hembrom: I've added you to the list as well.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
12.08.2006 - 03:20
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I still think this club should be renamed something that's random and funny, kinda like Hampster Metal.
12.08.2006 - 03:30
Stigmatized
Written by Dangerboner on 12.08.2006 at 03:20

I still think this club should be renamed something that's random and funny, kinda like Hampster Metal.

Slaughtered Hampster Metal maybe?
12.08.2006 - 03:32
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Stigmatized on 12.08.2006 at 03:30

Written by Dangerboner on 12.08.2006 at 03:20

Slaughtered Hampster Metal maybe?

Or how about Orc Metal?
12.08.2006 - 03:42
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Smurf Metal \m/
12.08.2006 - 06:03
Endoftherainbow
Super Dooper Uber Grim Kvlt Club
But yeah really Extreme Metalstormers is such a boring name something else probably would be better.
12.08.2006 - 12:30
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Endoftherainbow on 12.08.2006 at 06:03

But yeah really Extreme Metalstormers is such a boring name something else probably would be better.

You don't touch the name we made up!!!

Na, joking. Should we then also vote about our favorite name?
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
12.08.2006 - 13:29
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 12.08.2006 at 12:30

Written by Endoftherainbow on 12.08.2006 at 06:03

You don't touch the name we made up!!!

Na, joking. Should we then also vote about our favorite name?

That sounds like a good idea. I'll gather up the choices for a new name and send your choice via PM to me on which name you like best. Whichever name has the most votes will be the new name of the group.

So far the current choices are:
-Slaughtered Hampster Metal
-Orc Metal
-Smurf Metal
-Super Dooper Uber Grim Kvlt Club
12.08.2006 - 15:10
Callette
Account deleted
Damned, I was a week away and looks like this is getting kinda complicated
Seems like I'm not going to join the club.. I mean my music taste doesn't seem to be extreme enough or does it, eh? But I can still try to do the banner, just tell me what kind of picture would you like to have. But first, the name... Orc Metal would be nice
12.08.2006 - 15:23
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
What do you mean? I think bands like Emperor, Windir, Hypocrisy & Dissection are definatly extreme enough. Up to you, tho.
----

12.08.2006 - 15:39
Callette
Account deleted
Yeah, but I don't listen to any trashmetal or grindcore or stuff like that and I listen to many other genres too. I'd like to join but I'm not so 'puritanic' extreme metallist as many persons here seems to be, heh. But if that doesn't matter then add me to the list.;)
12.08.2006 - 15:41
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I listen to reggae as well.

So yeah, don't feel less than others, simply because your tastes are broader.

Added you.
----

12.08.2006 - 15:58
Callette
Account deleted
Thanks
12.08.2006 - 16:00
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
stop acknowledging other kinds of music.

you call youselves extreme metal fans???
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
12.08.2006 - 16:18
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Stop the sarcasm dude!
----

12.08.2006 - 16:24
Bulus
eh how about " breaklunch metal" , cause if you play extreme metal on lunch time, non metal people will stop their lunch.
12.08.2006 - 16:36
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Written by Lucas on 12.08.2006 at 16:18

Stop the sarcasm dude!

i can't. im english. its in my blood.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
12.08.2006 - 16:44
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by -tom- on 12.08.2006 at 16:36

Written by Lucas on 12.08.2006 at 16:18

Stop the sarcasm dude!

i can't. im english. its in my blood.

Haha, ok.

But know that we will ignore you in the future.
----

12.08.2006 - 16:52
KryptoN
imperceptible
Written by [user id=14676] on 12.08.2006 at 15:39

I'd like to join but I'm not so 'puritanic' extreme metallist as many persons here seems to be, heh.

At least I'm the very opposite of a purist.
12.08.2006 - 17:29
Stigmatized
@Nervel- Since you've been handling this, can you post a summary of what's happened so far and where everything stands?
12.08.2006 - 21:00
Herzebeth
yeah man this became kind of weird...I mean someone actually said Smurfs Metal ..lol lol I'm on to that idea..it's so the opposite of extreme that it makes me rejoy in my excrements...hey let's call it Smurf's Faeces Metal hahaha

YEAAAAH now that I think about ti..EXTREME METAL IS SOOO SMURF

let's even change the banner and made one with smurfs... and let's add our smurf name at the bottom.... I am So the GORE SMURF

yeah, i'm into changing the name to SMurf Metal...it's the most GROWL name I've heard so far....Growl Metal Smurfing
----
12.08.2006 - 21:11
Endoftherainbow
That last one is the most perfect thing ever. It looks like their dancing around the fire trying to summon up demons or some shit. If we had a banner like that'd it would also kind of prove that all extreme metal people aren't insane assholes with no sense of humor who are just like "NO SMILING"
12.08.2006 - 23:05
Basso
Account deleted
Hahah Smurf metal is the best. I wannabe NecroKvlt Smurf or Poser smurf
13.08.2006 - 00:37
Herzebeth
yeeey...finally an idea which many dudes like...Nervel must be Papa Smurf for creating the thread lol

I want to be something like..Cannibal Smurf..or Gorelord Smurf mmm maybe Fecal Smurf...hahaha

check the banner I made, it's simple, it's extreme, it's totally smurf:

EDIT: The one who gave the "Smurf" idea should have the best Smurf name..something like...Gargamel Smurf or whatever hahaha
----
13.08.2006 - 00:40
KryptoN
imperceptible
I'm also with the "smurf metal" suggestion, though I would be fine with just "extreme metalstormers", whatever you "leaders" think is the best choice, I support it.
13.08.2006 - 01:00
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
ROTFLMAO @ Harzebeth's posters

Do it fastttttttttt
13.08.2006 - 01:49
Endoftherainbow
so is smurf metal the official name of this thing? if so that's awsome and I will switch banners as soon as I get a response.

Edit: Gargamel was an evil wizard not a smurf.
13.08.2006 - 02:12
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Well, I'm glad everyone liked my idea. How about we combine Herzebeth's gore banners with the smurf banners? I'd love to have a decapitated smurf banner \m/

Edit: I just know I"m going to spend all day at work thinking of Smurf names. Here's some so far:

Rectal Vomit Smurf
Excreachollemical Endolapse Smurf
Putrid Offal Smurf
Maggot Infested Smurf
Endocrinized Transfection Smurf

Edit #2: uhhh, I noticed people have already posted the smurf banner into their sig, so I will too?

Edit #3 (sorry): Should our Smurf names be our custom titles, instead of it being underneath our banner?

I shall now be known as: Rectal Vomit Smurf \m/ (even though it doesn't make much sense )
13.08.2006 - 03:14
Stigmatized
I picked what I thought would be a fitting title for me.