Metal Storm logo
Mexican Metalstormers

Original post

Posted by Fhuesc, 28.09.2008 - 04:56
This is the new thread, the other one was locked cuz it reached the posts limit.

I was asking if someone knows a Metal bar or something like that, that pays well.
25.08.2009 - 06:52
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I don't know, a friend of mine said today that maybe he is not attending DSO, I don't want to go alone, It wont be the first time that happens, but is always better when you have some company.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
25.08.2009 - 07:07
Zuzuz0r
Written by Daggon on 25.08.2009 at 06:52

I don't know, a friend of mine said today that maybe he is not attending DSO, I don't want to go alone, It wont be the first time that happens, but is always better when you have some company.

Lol, I guess is funnier to attend a gig with friends, but I've attended some gigs alone, indeed, one of the best gigs I attended was alone, it was the Opeth one.

Btw, what's the price for DSO in Mexico City?.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
25.08.2009 - 07:20
Fhuesc
@Daggon: Uller and i can see u at the gig, but probably it'll be like going alone, since we dont know u.

@Zuzuz0r: 450, but includes CoB and Amorphis
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
25.08.2009 - 08:15
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Well, we will see haha, I almost convinced my friend to go with me, I offered some beers hahaha, you know, a caguama before the gig haha, we only want to see DSO, we don't care a lot for COB and Amorphis, but still I want to see them. But first I think I have to get my ticket hahaha
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
25.08.2009 - 08:38
Zuzuz0r
Hmm, 450 is the average price of most gigs here, but I complain because if it is 50 pesos more expensive, it's because there's gotta be more cool things there, but I haven't seen that at this moment .
----
Then God is not dead.
26.08.2009 - 01:03
Fhuesc
450 pesos is expensive here, normally the tickets costs 400 or less, but seems fair since this is a 3 band gig. I miss the times when concerts cost 300 pesos
----
Until victory, always!
27.08.2009 - 05:38
Zuzuz0r
Yeah...good times when gigs were no more than 300 pesos. Right now a gig with 3 bands for only 450 pesos is like a gift.
----
Then God is not dead.
27.08.2009 - 09:46
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I don't know, I blame the Circo Volador! Tickets are more expensive each year and the place is still horrible, c'mon, it sais "Cine Francisco Villa" outside, what the fuck! Very sad, cuz almost all the good bands have gigs there.
----
28.08.2009 - 19:42
Fhuesc
Yes, since my first concert i've hated that place. If you look in metal locations here, you'll read my hate in the description.
----
Until victory, always!
30.08.2009 - 04:29
Zuzuz0r
Some people have told me that they call it Circo Violador for obvious reasons lol, how true is that?.
----
Then God is not dead.
30.08.2009 - 08:55
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Dunno, sounds more like a name that anyone could come with, for example some people say that the street called Genova, shoud be Gaynova, for obvious reasons hehehe.
----
31.08.2009 - 00:41
Fhuesc
Nah, it's not violador in anyway, is just an ugly cinema.
----
Until victory, always!
31.08.2009 - 07:28
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by Fhuesc on 31.08.2009 at 00:41

Nah, it's not violador in anyway, is just an ugly cinema.

I could not say that better, still, at least for me it's the best place in terms of transportation, it has the subway almost inside the place hehe, just a 30 minute trip to get there. Buuut, still is just an ugly OLD cinema.
----
01.09.2009 - 03:31
Fhuesc
El foro sol also has a subway, so does El palacio de los deportes, Salon 21 is a problem thou.
----
Until victory, always!
01.09.2009 - 23:40
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Yeah, the only problem is that returning from Foro Sol and El Palacio at night is a pain in the ass, now they close the sub after the gigs, dunno why, so you have to walk a lot to take a bus or a taxi, so still Circo Volador wins on that, I have returned from there at 00:00 and I can be here at home at 1:00am (it could be less time, but after gigs I like to eat a hamburger hehe), and only using subway, which is not to far from my home.
----
05.09.2009 - 20:56
Zuzuz0r
Damn, still no more news about the MMF Pre-Party with DSO, and it's only 2 weeks ahead , it only says more bands to confirm, but there's nothing more.
----
Then God is not dead.
06.09.2009 - 09:16
Fhuesc
Still unconfirmed bands? that sounds fish, you'll end up watching Kraken or some other mexican band.
----
Until victory, always!
06.09.2009 - 09:47
Zuzuz0r
Isn't Kraken colombian?, lol, they had some good songs.
----
Then God is not dead.
06.09.2009 - 19:00
Fhuesc
What kraken are you talking about?. I was talking of Here Comes the Kraken
----
Until victory, always!
06.09.2009 - 22:44
Zuzuz0r
Oh sorry, lol, I know about that band you're talking about, but it didn't came to my mind, still, there are like 8 bands named Kraken, just check in MA lol.
----
Then God is not dead.
08.09.2009 - 04:31
Fhuesc
Yeah, not a very original name.
----
Until victory, always!
09.09.2009 - 02:33
Zamoth
Here it is:
10.09.2009 - 05:33
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Well it would be better to see Here Comes The Kraken than Brainstorm nah, dunno, I've just listened to them once, and a friend said they opened for Arch Enemy here in Mexico City, he said they weren't THAT bad haha, still, too deathcorish for my taste.

I gave a friend a ticket for DSO, COB and Amorphis as a gift so now I have someone to go to the gig, he gave me one ticket for Kreator and Exodus, so we will be there too haha. Now my problem is, how the fuck I'm going to return from the Mezcal Metal Fest?
----
10.09.2009 - 18:22
Fhuesc
Brainstorm, definitely suck major ass.

You can take a plane to return, just be sure that no bolivian priest are on board.
----
Until victory, always!
11.09.2009 - 07:47
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Ah the news of the week for sure, (ya me olía desde un principio que era una mamada), today when I was arriving at school "La Prensa" had for title "Pinche Loco" LOL, that made my day.

Seriously, when they announced the news on TV, "Plane hijacked!!!" I imagined the typical american cliché of a mid-east/russian/nazi terrorist group taking the plane by force with heavy duty weapons and Harrison Ford trying to save the day, but... in the end I just got a bolivian christian zealot with a box full of cans and x-mas lights.
----
11.09.2009 - 19:32
Fhuesc
when i heard that this "bomb" was cans with xmas lights i couldn't avoid laughing. Also the "Pinche Loco" title sounds great.
----
Until victory, always!
15.09.2009 - 07:28
Zuzuz0r
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4Lgsx0UON0 <--- This is the "terrorist" guy, he's also a singer lol, he sings generic ranchero music with optimistic christian lyrics, kinda funny. Still I think this is another strategy to cover people's attention from the new taxes approval, seeing how things work here :S.
----
Then God is not dead.
15.09.2009 - 09:32
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Yup, it's so sad, the new taxes the executive tries to pass are ridiculous. Well, I think that the PRI and PRD won't let that pass, or that's my hope.
----
15.09.2009 - 22:14
Zuzuz0r
Changing subject, is anyone interested in attending Faith No More in November?

11 de noviembre - Monterrey
12 de noviembre - Distrito Federal
14 de noviembre - Guadalajara

I'm not much of a Faith No More fan, I like them, but I'm attending more because I admire Mike Patton and projects like Mr. Bungle and Fantômas, he is really a very talented musician, and I won't like to miss the opportunity to see him live, as well as Faith No More. Still there aren't any dates confirmed right now in their official homepage, I took that information from a local newspaper.
----
Then God is not dead.
20.09.2009 - 11:02
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Sorry, not a Faith No More Fan

This country is getting sicker everyday... You saw what happened in the subway some a couple of days ago right? What do you think about the man who fought the aggressor until his death?
----