Metal Storm logo
Mexican Metalstormers

Original post

Posted by Fhuesc, 28.09.2008 - 04:56
This is the new thread, the other one was locked cuz it reached the posts limit.

I was asking if someone knows a Metal bar or something like that, that pays well.
23.11.2009 - 02:54
Fhuesc
Written by Zuzuz0r on 21.11.2009 at 05:31

Written by Daggon on 21.11.2009 at 05:25

Anyone here is going to attend Haggard, Epica

Lol, Am I the only one who thinks Haggard and Epica comes like every day to Mexico?.

they are milking us.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
23.11.2009 - 19:01
Zamoth
Written by Zuzuz0r on 22.11.2009 at 21:18

There isn't anything confirmed yet at their homepage, but some local webpages have it already confirmed.

I was looking everyday in ticketmaster for Iced Earth jaja, the tickets are at superboletos.com
23.11.2009 - 21:54
nana.MD
Star-Queen
I've seen epica twice...the second time was actually because my father wanted to see them, ejem i mean simone lol...i don't think they've improved at all, i won't be going

don't like much iced earth either...
aassh i wish more death metal bands came!!
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
23.11.2009 - 22:15
Fhuesc
If one place is worse than el circo volador, that's the bulldog cafe, why did they bring em there?

Yeah, i also wish that Ensiferum and Insomnium came, but they aren't as popular as Nightwish, Epica or Haggard. When Finntroll came we were like 100 persons.
----
Until victory, always!
26.11.2009 - 00:48
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Hahaha i haven't seen that!! Iced Earth in the bulldog cafe? LoL i just can't stop laughing...hate that place btw
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
26.11.2009 - 11:05
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I've heard a lot about that place, but never had the chance to go there, where the fuck is that? I thought only bands like Zoé and Panda played there. I really want to attend that gig, but can I get there with the almighty Transporte Colectivo Metro?
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
26.11.2009 - 13:49
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Zoe is cool...
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
27.11.2009 - 05:53
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Revolución...and idk what else

i've only heard 1 or 2 songs from zoe but i totally hate panda
----
28.11.2009 - 08:14
Fhuesc
The bulldog cafe is near the borrego viudo (i hate that taqueria but for some reason is really famous).

Yeah, metal in the bulldog is kinda weird, considering that is an antro (also, i hate antros)

And idk which station is near, but im pretty sure that the orange line is near.

Finally, Panda and Zoe suck.
----
Until victory, always!
28.11.2009 - 09:54
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Thanks, that sums up everything hahaha, I think I wont attend many gigs next year, I need more money for myself, maybe I'll just buy some albums, who knows.

BTW I don't hate the antros because my friends use to go to many of them, but sometimes I get really annoyed by the people and the music in there, everyone see me as if I were a monster just because I have my hair longer than anyone else there (en otras palabras, me barren, pinches cadeneros).
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
28.11.2009 - 10:08
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
The same shit used to happen to me when I (acompañaba) my cousin to her shit music playing clubs, but I let her go on her own now, can´t even get drunk in peace at those clubs without some fat drunk chick dancing on the fucking bar, and making me wanna go throw up in immense disgust
(te comprendo guey )
28.11.2009 - 21:06
Fhuesc
Antros are the worst place on earth, the music is sucks, the air becomes smoke in no time, the people that goes 99% of the time are professional morons and to someone who doesn't drink and dance (me) there's nothing to do there.
----
Until victory, always!
28.11.2009 - 21:10
Zuzuz0r
Breathing antro air is almost like breathing smoke from a factory.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
28.11.2009 - 21:14
Fhuesc
Yeah, it's like sticking your head into a chimney.
----
Until victory, always!
28.11.2009 - 21:52
Linak
I Own You Bitch
You seem to be forgetting the fact that also those underground metal places are dead filled with smoke, and at some point the smell of sweat while moshing gets unbearable, i'm not saying i'm into antros, but smoke and the smell in general in a closed up secluded place is not particular to discotecas. Music though, is a problem, prices also seem to be considerably different but I guess that has to do with the location of the place. The rest is irrelevant. Antros and live music places all suck when they're full, ironically when an antro is empty, its considered to suck, but when a live music place is empty (and the music is fine) then it all sums up to being a wonderful night.
Confusing? I know.
To sum up, yes antros suck, but not because of the air.
And Zoe is cool, whatever. oh si.
----
28.11.2009 - 22:00
Zuzuz0r
Yeah, most metal shows are filled up with smoke, you come out smelling like cigar even if you didn't smoke, but well, lots of places are filled up with smoke, antros, metal places, malls, your grandma house, universities, etc...
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
29.11.2009 - 00:03
nana.MD
Star-Queen
I do like the fact that there's no smoking allowed inside those places, when i have to go (bday or something) that would make it totally worse...last week went to a terrible one in polanco with electronic music damn it sucked...i'd rather be at a bar or stay at home with the music i pick, friends, beer or tequila...i totally hate the fact that they pick the guys who can enter and can't, standing outside and yelling "heeey let me in!!" it's kinda pitiful imo...won't do it
----
29.11.2009 - 07:29
Uller
Yeah I hate when people smoke in concerts, cuz thats the only thing with lots of peple that i like to do. im like an hermit, I do not go to antros, bares, clubs, partys, etc. and i dont smoke or drink at all, so i really suffer with all the smoke
----
30.11.2009 - 01:54
Fhuesc
In case anyone cares, cuz i dont.

----
Until victory, always!
30.11.2009 - 02:33
Uller
Also cannibal corpse is coming on February 13, if someone likes them.
----
30.11.2009 - 03:43
nana.MD
Star-Queen
I've seen nile before, amazing show...
atheist & pestilence too !!!
----
30.11.2009 - 12:01
Kei
Where are the best places in the D.F. to hear local metal bands?

Man, I need to make some friends who speak a little bit of English, because my partner won't go with me lol. *sigh* She's going to take me to the Chopo though, maybe this coming Saturday, I hope.
----
Author of Femme Metale on Metal Chicks.
Follow me on Metal Chicks: http://metalchicks.ca/Keinans_Blog/
Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/?ref=logo
Twitter: @KeinanLynx
30.11.2009 - 21:42
Fhuesc
@Kei: dont u speak spanish? El Chopo is a bazaar, so i dont think i would find a metal place there, but who knows, i've never been there, and maybe it's a secret underground metal place.
----
Until victory, always!
30.11.2009 - 22:33
Kei
Written by Fhuesc on 30.11.2009 at 21:42

@Kei: dont u speak spanish? El Chopo is a bazaar, so i dont think i would find a metal place there, but who knows, i've never been there, and maybe it's a secret underground metal place.

Not much, no. I can go to stores and get food, directions etc. You know, the usual lingua gringa lol. I can understand a good deal of what is being said, but often can't think of what I'm supposed to reply, and people speak so quickly here and use so many slang words I'm having a hard time. xD

http://tianguisculturaldelchopo.com.mx/home.html

http://www.midwesternerinmexico.com/2009/05/18/el-chopo-mexico-citys-gothmetalskapunk-mercado/

It looks like there are sometimes bands playing there (not always metal, though). Might be able to put out some flyers to find some musicians there too, seems like fun.
----
Author of Femme Metale on Metal Chicks.
Follow me on Metal Chicks: http://metalchicks.ca/Keinans_Blog/
Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/?ref=logo
Twitter: @KeinanLynx
01.12.2009 - 09:39
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Yeah Ive heard of "El Chopo" never been though. my cousin who always goes says theres a big punk scene there, well a whole underground scene over there, I could be wrong, but I remember pretty accurately her saying she saw "Alex Lora" there once, I guess its on the download if these dudes from el DF haven´t heard of it huh? Changing the theme man I just missed Enanitos Verdes in Merida sucks, any of you guys into them? they have alot of less heard songs that are even better than "Lamento Boliviano"
01.12.2009 - 10:27
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
About something Fhuesc said: yes, I think I said this before but here it is again. IMO antros doesn't suck if you:
1. Drink (chupas)
2. Dance (bailas)
3. Make out (ligas)
4. Have a girlfriend/boyfriend

If you don't do anything of the above, then it sucks balls. And if you have to pay a cover and also your drinks, it sucks even more. I prefer to spend that money in a good gig.

Well el chopo it's a really cool place and you can find some cool things. It's not very far from my place, but I don't use to go there frequently.

About the Chas Metal Attack, last year was a great event, Toxic Holocaust and Grave blew up the night (I went for TH), it's a great event, few people and nice bands, nothing spectacular but it's a good event.
----
02.12.2009 - 14:08
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Last time I went to el Chopo there was a huge suomi explosion that splattered all the little 'puestitos' on the market, it was almost difficult to find something worth buying, although from time to time you do find a nice surprise hiding behind a bearded guy's dish of chilaquiles
----
02.12.2009 - 22:37
Uller
@Linak: What? What's a suomi explosion? suomi is how you call a person from finland no?
----
03.12.2009 - 04:45
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Just passing by to express how much I dislike the mexican band called Lvzbel, there is the greatest example of a mediocre band, they really suck. Well just my opinion. And I'm not "malinchista" I like many mexican bands (there is talent here ladies and gentlemen, believe it), but Luzbel kinda sucks balls, BIG balls
----
03.12.2009 - 07:12
Uller
@Daggon: I've never heard of lvzbel, In general i dont listen to mexican metal bands, i dont like our stile for metal, and its kind of weird the spanish in growls or harsh vocals. I've never heard a band that i like from mexico, i've heard good bands opening gigs but no one of my like.

It will be awesome for a band to play mexican folk metal, like huasteco metal, mariachi metal, even cumbia metal (not like the video one) would be interesting, something like finntroll but with mexican folk.
----