Metal Storm logo
Metalstorm Activity: America's VS Europe

20.12.2007 - 06:49
Lord TJ
I live in the USA as you can see, and I am usually online during school. Whilst im online during school most of Europe is still awake and online. Yet when I am at home later on in the day on MS I notice more people from the America's are online.

The thing is, I see a hell of a lot more activity from Europeans than people from the America's. When I check the forums and stuff I always see more posts from Europe than anything else. Then again theres lots of members who rarely even post anything. We have nearly 10,000 members and only a small load of people are MS regulars.

What are your guys opinions?
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
20.12.2007 - 08:38
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
well there are a lot of bands coming form europe (Finland, Sweden, Norway, Germany etc.) so people in Europe are more involved, maybe... Americans - just dont have opinion maybe, so dont post
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
20.12.2007 - 08:55
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
It's because people in America have less vacation time and have to work an average of 2.5 jobs. Plus we are too busy eating McDonalds and watching television.

But in all seriousness, I agree with the involvement factor. (no opinion, suprise suprise)
20.12.2007 - 09:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Im omline moustly all day when Im free and if its winter(I try not go out when its cold) but from alcohol Im watsed so I m not here anymore in late night
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.12.2007 - 18:35
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well, since most bands are european and most members who post are european, it's quite obvious Europe has more activity.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
20.12.2007 - 23:42
wrathchild
Staff
Written by Lord TJ on 20.12.2007 at 06:49
When I check the forums and stuff I always see more posts from Europe than anything else.

That's because K7 is European

Yeah, it can feel strange that an international site is not (yet) taken over by Americans, given that Americans a) are quite numerous b) have a better access to the Internet and are simply more used to using it.
Although I would like to be able to be online when Americans (and Australians) also are, I'm glad we have so many European users, especially from Eastern Europe - here in France, we are not taught a lot about the other side of Europe.
That's probably the magic of the ".ee"
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
20.12.2007 - 23:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by wrathchild on 20.12.2007 at 23:42

Written by Lord TJ on 20.12.2007 at 06:49
When I check the forums and stuff I always see more posts from Europe than anything else.

That's because K7 is European

Yeah, it can feel strange that an international site is not (yet) taken over by Americans, given that Americans a) are quite numerous b) have a better access to the Internet and are simply more used to using it.
Although I would like to be able to be online when Americans (and Australians) also are, I'm glad we have so many European users, especially from Eastern Europe - here in France, we are not taught a lot about the other side of Europe.

Hahahhaahha

When I log in I see a Europians and Australians also fiew americans but moustly BitterCold and Dismaelruphony
Only americans what I see I see in eve but sill moust ppl I know here are from Europe
----

apos;'
[image]
21.12.2007 - 00:07
Ernis
狼獾

And we're so proud of it here : )

Mayb the Americans aren't as active also because they tend to register into a huge amount of different forums and in the end they will still end up using the US sites they're used to....so they just forget they created accounts to other pages....
21.12.2007 - 00:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ernis on 21.12.2007 at 00:07

And we're so proud of it here : )

Mayb the Americans aren't as active also because they tend to register into a huge amount of different forums and in the end they will still end up using the US sites they're used to....so they just forget they created accounts to other pages....

I agree
Look how many hi5, myspace versions are look hwo many ppl ask here do you have hi5 acount, I saw some 3-4 treads here in MS

Beeing in 3 forums are hard but 20 sorry non posible

im in MS and myspace , ok I had MA acount but only for search toolbart not psoting
+Im in satfootball.com but I dont post only take info what I need
----

apos;'
[image]
27.12.2007 - 03:23
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@wrathchild: yes cuz K7 is European haha.

But I guess it might have something to do with the fact that metal is past it's prime (or mainstream pinnacle) and since the U.S. / Hollywood controls all of that, metal makes it bigger in Europe quicker than it does the U.S. and so Europeans would be more enthusiastic in expressing their metalness as their continent doesn't control the world as much as North America does.

I wish more Caribbean people would support metal!
27.12.2007 - 05:58
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I hardly see any Canadians on this site...except for Dr. Rock, Soliloquy and myself, they're like totally MIA...
27.12.2007 - 09:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 27.12.2007 at 05:58

I hardly see any Canadians on this site...except for Dr. Rock, Soliloquy and myself, they're like totally MIA...

There was Vixen and one more girl who loves BM
----

apos;'
[image]
27.12.2007 - 14:11
Duy Hung
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.12.2007 at 03:23

Are you Caribbean or a foreigner who lives in Bahamas?
27.12.2007 - 17:17
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.12.2007 at 14:11

I'm a full-blooded Bahamian. I mean I know other Bahamians who support real metal, but they're neither living in my town or a part of this site. This part of the world is not so metal.
27.12.2007 - 19:38
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 27.12.2007 at 09:39

There was Vixen and one more girl who loves BM

Yeah...and that was pretty much it
27.12.2007 - 20:36
Duy Hung
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.12.2007 at 17:17

I'm a full-blooded Bahamian. I mean I know other Bahamians who support real metal, but they're neither living in my town or a part of this site. This part of the world is not so metal.

Hmm strange 'cause i saw the pics in your profile and you look like an European or American...
27.12.2007 - 21:03
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.12.2007 at 20:36

Hmm strange 'cause i saw the pics in your profile and you look like an European or American...

no i don't. The Bahamas does have white people you know , my dad's side are descended from the loyalists who fled the U.S. after 1776 to escape persecution for staying loyal to England. My mom's side descend from the native Bahamian people (which explains my dark features) . Most caribbean countries have darker looking people, but The Bahamas is much different from other countries in The Caribbean, and have much more of a melting pot of people from different backrounds. In my town there are also many Chinese and Greek immigrants, so though Bahamas is caribbean, you shouldn't look at us as a typical caribbean country, that's like viewing Turkey as a typically European country.
27.12.2007 - 23:21
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.12.2007 at 21:03

Written by Guest on 27.12.2007 at 20:36

no i don't. The Bahamas does have white people you know

Yeah...I have a friend who is from Nassau and she is completely white
27.12.2007 - 23:59
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff

Whats this? I hear my name! Yay. Anyways, Im going to have to go with the "more european bands" theory. Its common knowledge that cool unique bands coming from NA is really small in comparison to Europe, so by the time good European bands are accessible over here theyve most likely already made a name for themselves in Europe. Thats my theory.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
28.12.2007 - 00:15
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Kap'N Korrupt: Your friend is from there but lives in Canada?
30.12.2007 - 02:35
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Lowelas: People were randomly talking about how there are a lesser amount of users from their countries, so I decided to mention Canada...
31.12.2007 - 17:09
APOHAKC
The Bard
Maybe cause Europe have one or two decent metal forums while I can imagine how many of them States have, my brother from Phoenix said they have dozens of them for only Arizona area, and most of them post there, including him.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!