Metal Storm logo
Southpark VS Family Guy

Original post

Posted by iMPERiAL_iCE, 26.12.2007 - 20:41
Well I couldn't help myself from starting this topic....
Since I just bought the full four seasons of the family guy, and they are so funny I almost shit my pants on every episode..on the other side I also have five seasons of Southpark and the same thing goes on with those so I just cant decide which is my favourite....

Poll

Which is better?

Southpark
The Family Guy

Total votes: 102
23.01.2009 - 10:09
Slayer666
South Park, easy. It is a parody to every possible aspect of life from video games to relligion and politics. There isn't a single South Park episode I watched that didn't really get me laughing my brain off.
And the fact that 4 nine-year olds get in adventures such as those (that offtenly include saving the world) while being both childish and mature, is really something.
19.02.2009 - 21:44
_Heretique_
Of course Southpark. They can't even be compared! Southpark plot is just way better. And I agree with Slayer666.
21.02.2009 - 15:12
RockeRoy
No doubt in my mind, family guy is way better than southpark
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
21.02.2009 - 15:16
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Written by RockeRoy on 21.02.2009 at 15:12

Family Guy does have it's moments, but, in general, at least for last three of so seasons it's dull and uninspired. OTOH, South Park just gets better and better as the time passes by - season 12 was a blast.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
21.02.2009 - 15:19
RockeRoy
Written by Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk on 21.02.2009 at 15:16

Written by RockeRoy on 21.02.2009 at 15:12

Family Guy does have it's moments, but, in general, at least for last three of so seasons it's dull and uninspired. OTOH, South Park just gets better and better as the time passes by - season 12 was a blast.

well i don'agree, but i agree that south park is verry funny indeed, but to me there is something special with family guy
----

Walk with me in hell
21.02.2009 - 15:23
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Written by RockeRoy on 21.02.2009 at 15:19

well i don'agree, but i agree that south park is verry funny indeed, but to me there is something special with family guy

Just to check - you watched the whole show? I really liked the first three seasons or so, but after that the quality spiraled down, IMHO.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
21.02.2009 - 15:30
RockeRoy
I haven't seen season 7 yet
----

Walk with me in hell
27.02.2009 - 22:41
shinew
Family guy all the way
28.02.2009 - 00:23
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Family Guy!

I was HUGE south park fan 10 years ago and so, but the last couple of seasons they just went bad. I love Family Guy though, I just prefer the humour they represent more than the one in SP, which doesn't make me laugh anymore. I love Peter, Brian and Stewie, they are the best And when Peter forgot how to sit down, that's just legendary
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
28.02.2009 - 00:38
jd-inflames
Account deleted
I honestly can't stand Family Guy. If you've watched the Cartoon Wars episodes of South Park, it pretty much sums up why.
28.02.2009 - 17:24
Gigginova
Account deleted
In The Bahamas, they took Comedy Central off of Cable, so I can't watch South Park in my room
28.02.2009 - 21:43
ForeverDarkWoods
South Park is one of the best things ever to have come to this world. Family Guy is entertaining at times but it can't compare. The Cartoon Wars episodes also manage to own Family Guy in every possible way there is.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
01.03.2009 - 18:09
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by [user id=160] on 28.02.2009 at 17:24

In The Bahamas, they took Comedy Central off of Cable, so I can't watch South Park in my room

Why did they do that? does it have to do with places in Central America banning the use of sex and violence in lyrics? or was that only Jamaica?
----
Coldgrits
01.03.2009 - 21:48
Gigginova
Account deleted
Written by -DC-002- on 01.03.2009 at 18:09

Written by [user id=160] on 28.02.2009 at 17:24

Why did they do that? does it have to do with places in Central America banning the use of sex and violence in lyrics? or was that only Jamaica?

That channel hasn't been on Cable for 2 or 3 years now. But nothing like that occured here that I know of (an uproar of explicitness). We're not Central America, we're Caribbean
14.03.2009 - 03:09
nehrodwarf
I voted on family guy cuz I haven't seen too much South park, so I can't give my opinion about that, but, in a few time that I seen I thinked very fun.

But about the family guy... GOSH! for me it's the funniest program on tv. I like the way that they expose the american way of life with intelligence and humor, good humor.
----
In this life you can choose what kind of ave to be: a chicken or a phoexix. I choosen be a phoenix, cuz' I'm rebirthing from ashes

Ps: my website it's: http://gcasweb.orgfree.com
11.11.2009 - 05:53
Written by [user id=39721] on 28.02.2009 at 00:38

I honestly can't stand Family Guy. If you've watched the Cartoon Wars episodes of South Park, it pretty much sums up why.

Needs restating. Same deal for me. FG was great, first three seasons or so, then they somehow killed it. I don't know how.
SP on the other hand is improving, or at least holding up, in later seasons. The Coon episode was amazing.

I actually like the consistancy of character in SP - no one has really changed. Whereas in FG stewie went from evil genius to effeminate weirdo; he somehow lost his will to take over the world - ironically he is becoming more and more like his future self as seen in the movie every episode. Peter is just the stock dumb character.
----
VICTORY!!!!! (They love it in France)
15.11.2009 - 18:19
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
The South Park episode about Family Guy sums it up perfectly,
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
27.11.2009 - 21:07
MetallicA
I voted Southpark. I've seen alot of episodes of both but lately Family Guy is getting too stupid...I hate when they put in something random for more than 10 seconds. If it weren't for that, it would be great!
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
28.11.2009 - 21:56
Zuzuz0r
Both shows are great, but I guess South Park is more creative and less repetitive, though Family Guy has it's great moments too, but I sometimes feel FG like "watch this if you think that the new Simpsons suck".
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
18.12.2009 - 10:52
The Walrus
Moonsorrow
Family guy , it's the only tv show that make me laugh .
----
22.12.2009 - 19:11
The Shape
I agree that the fact peter is a retard is quite funny. But IMHO south park is just miles ahead of family guy. Cmon the Imagination Land episodes, pure comic genius
----
22.12.2009 - 19:32
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by The Shape on 22.12.2009 at 19:11

I agree that the fact peter is a retard is quite funny. But IMHO south park is just miles ahead of family guy. Cmon the Imagination Land episodes, pure comic genius

as someone who grew up a fantasy/comic book geek, seeing shit like Rom the Space Knight and the Orc from the Rankin and Bass version of The Hobbit during the climactic battle scene was too much. i had it "on demand" via digital cable, and a couple friends were over ... we just kept pausing it and pointing out the funny shit going on in the background with characters we'd thought long forgotten.

i think one other facet of SP that makes it so endearing to me is the creators are roughly the same age as i am and seem to have had similar tastes as me back in their younger years. a lot of stuff that i liked "back then" keeps showing up in south park episodes.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
29.12.2009 - 05:12
Immortal
Family Guy, no question about it. Why? Becuase it's actually funny.
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
29.12.2009 - 06:25
Culty
South Park simply because i grow tired of the "that reminds me of the time i..." jokes in Family Guy.
----
Gfnttlr
22.11.2010 - 21:04
JD
Account deleted
Southpark sucks i really can't stand this series. Family Guy rulezz
22.11.2010 - 22:27
Luneth
Account deleted
South Park for me, don't mind Family Guy but South Park is funnier.
22.11.2010 - 22:35
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
First of all as my new self-given role of the grammar police its just Family guy not "the" family guy... but to stay on track i pick family guy, but i dont really watch southpark... i love when they make fun of terrosits, ALA WHO ACHBAR!!!!
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
22.11.2010 - 22:47
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Boxcar Willy on 22.11.2010 at 22:35

First of all as my new self-given role of the grammar police its just Family guy not "the" family guy... but to stay on track i pick family guy, but i dont really watch southpark... i love when they make fun of terrosits, ALA WHO ACHBAR!!!!

Hate to be pedantic my unfortunate friend, but the difference between 'Family Guy' and 'The Family Guy' is not grammatical; [sentence structure] it's lexical.

Good day.
22.11.2010 - 22:53
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by [user id=107773] on 22.11.2010 at 22:47

Hate to be pedantic my unfortunate friend, but the difference between 'Family Guy' and 'The Family Guy' is not grammatical; [sentence structure] it's lexical.

Good day.

its wrong... i think... i hope...
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
22.11.2010 - 22:57
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Boxcar Willy on 22.11.2010 at 22:53

Written by [user id=107773] on 22.11.2010 at 22:47

Good day.

its wrong... i think... i hope...

I can guarantee you it isn't wrong.