Metal Storm logo
Children Of Bodom - The Best song ?

04.01.2008 - 11:10
CrimsonSoaked
Account deleted
New thread to discuss about the best CoB song in your opinnion ? You may just name it, but I would appreaciate some arguments too, if possible.

My favourite song has been, ever since I heard for a first time, Downfall.
It's a great ending for their best album Hatebreeder ( which obviously will remain their best ).
It has that nice chaotic atmosphere, ecspecially in the chorus', one of my favourite CoB leads and let us not forget those hypnotic keyboard parts and intense shriekings of Laiho, which make it quite . . . chaotic . . . but good.
04.01.2008 - 11:21
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Hmmm so many to choose from, very hard decision... downfall is good, children of bodom is good, lake bodom is good, touch like an angel of death is good, itd prob be on of those, or maybe something from follow the reaper... mask of sanity? bodom after midnight? i dont know, but itd be one with a catchy riff, great solos from both guitar and keyboards, and awesome Laiho singing... ;metal:

should be moved to metal arena... i placed a report
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
04.01.2008 - 11:26
CrimsonSoaked
Account deleted
Okay , will do
04.01.2008 - 17:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
IMo all from first 3 albums but better I like 'Ewery Time I Die' and 2 Iron maiden covers
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.01.2008 - 17:53
Warman
Erotic Stains
There are so many favourites from this band. The absolute best one must be... hmmm... it is probably Downfall. It's catchy, great... just an amazing piece of music.
----
04.01.2008 - 19:58
Abattoir
Staff
Hm, lost of their songs sounds great for me...but I prefer earlier staff like : Deadnight Warrior, Lake Bodom, Downfall, Bodom After Midnight, Mask Of Sanity...
05.01.2008 - 05:37
juanopereira
It's a really difficult decision... My favorite songs are Hate me! and Downfall, Great vocals, and memorable guitar and keyboard solos.
05.01.2008 - 10:35
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
I would say Kissing the Shadows, but Needled 24/7, Follow The Reaper, Downfall, Everytime I Die, Lake Bodom, Hate Me!, and Angels Don't Kill come close.
06.01.2008 - 00:45
RhysTerk
Everytime i die, In your face and Are you dead yet? is by far the best ones.
If i have to choose one i'll probably say "In your face"
06.01.2008 - 01:19
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Ooops I Did It Again

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L-fWWJUtd-c&feature=related
06.01.2008 - 20:38
RhysTerk
Yeah, that's a good one too
07.01.2008 - 08:12
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
For me its a tie between 'Youre Better Off Dead' and 'Triple Corpse Hammerblow'.....those extremely fast songs I love. And as cliched as it is, 'Everytime I Die' is great aswell...
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
07.01.2008 - 20:18
alexo dynami
i would say the first riff that got me into Children of Bodom was a keyboard riff on Northern Comfort and i saw one of the very few times they played Knuckleduster from the trashed lost and strungout e.p. and should have been on the last album as i think it was better than most of the stuff on it.
then i'll put red light in my eyes part 1 which is where janne then went onto develop for his side project warmen.
07.01.2008 - 21:26
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i'd say it's "Silent Night, Bodom Night", an extremely upbeat and energetic track, gotta love that part near the end when the first solo ends and the dual harmony solo begins
09.01.2008 - 18:08
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
mmmm i think Downfall because the solo is insane
----
Stay Metal !!!
10.01.2008 - 10:59
Slinx
Account deleted
I've only listened to Follow The Reaper & Are You Dead Yet? completely so far, so Every Time I Die has my vote.

If you change the vocals to a cleaner more hard rockish sound and up the guitars a bit, it wouldn't be out of place on any 80's power ballad compilation. Don't know if that would kill the song though.
12.01.2008 - 10:19
FOOCK Nam
I love all COB songs from the firts 4 album. Though I prefer best Follow The Reaper and Hatebreeder. The songs I like most are Toward Deads End, Hate Me, and Everytime I Die

From the lately stuff I havent listened much.
16.01.2008 - 11:31
In Chaos
i would say Hate crew deathroll is their best song, because the chorus is so awesome. its best live in my opinion.
other insane songs is every time i die, silent night bodom night, downfall, sixpounder and hate me
16.01.2008 - 22:58
Behemoth
Account deleted
Angels Dont Kill its so Headbangable lol
17.01.2008 - 16:13
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Bed of Razors.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
18.01.2008 - 22:36
Olli
Hmmm my favorites are Downfall, Bed Of Razors, Everytime I Die, Hate me and Warheart. It's really hard to pick an absolute favorite by them.. but i think it would be bed of razors.. no downfall. Oh never mind, one of those two
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
20.01.2008 - 00:23
FeskarN
Hate Me!
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
20.01.2008 - 03:55
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
No one seems to notice one of the tracks that i personally find really killer in all their discography. The Nail is a such an awesome song, all the passages are good and the intro is great. After that would probably come Red Light in my Eyes pt.1 and pt.2 ... anyways all the stuff from Something Wild, Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper are good.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
21.01.2008 - 01:32
Aebsi
hmm like so many others have said before me, there simply are so many songs i enjoy listening to, I love their version of Aces High by Iron Maiden, I love their version of Somebody put Something in my drink by Ramones, but my ultimate favorites are Downfall and Mask of Sanity, i just can't choose between them
----
Just be Yourself
21.01.2008 - 01:49
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Aebsi on 21.01.2008 at 01:32

but my ultimate favorites are Downfall and Mask of Sanity, i just can't choose between them

Fan of keyboard intros I guess?
----
21.01.2008 - 02:04
Aebsi
hehe was it that obvious? hehe I just love the kind of careless jolly feel in the songs
----
Just be Yourself
23.01.2008 - 05:25
Number Juan
Kissing The Shadows, Downfall, Children of Decadence and Needled 24/7.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
23.01.2008 - 11:47
Martinikuss
Follow The Reaper I think.
23.01.2008 - 21:22
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Lake Bodom, Silent Night Bodom Night, Children Of Bodom, Downfall, Deadnight Warrior, Touch Like an Angel Of Death.... One of those...
Most probably the "Silent Night Bodom Night"
----
24.01.2008 - 16:52
APOHAKC
The Bard
MAN! Lake Bodom was first of their song I ever heard, in 90's I think wow, I was a kid man and that blasted me away, I remember red hair dude who worked in cd shop playing that to me and smiling like an idiot, I said, ok, alright, I'll buy album just not to watch that smiley, it is scaring me man! Follow the Reaper, and Deadnight Warrior is awesome, also, Kissing The Shadows, I like the solo
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!