Metal Storm logo
Fairyland

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 09.06.2006 - 23:08
What do you think of this French band (besides the fact that their name is extremely cliché)? I listened to their 2003 debut album "Of Wars In Osyrhia" and it's one of my favourite epic sympho-power releases. They have a nice neo-classical touch to their sound (best heard in the 6 minute instrumental The Army of the White Mountain), and having former Dark Moor singer Elisa C. Martin do guest vocals isn't half bad either. Hopefully they will release another album soon.

By the way, there's a 14-song demo available for download - see http://www.fairyland-metal.com/discography.asp *goes away to get it*
28.04.2008 - 20:28
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
oh yes...it was worth...Into The Lost Years is fine ballad and Eldanie Uelle is an "ass-kicker"

Far to the north, the call of retaliation
Open up, wide the gates of Havenrod
Solan has called the help of the one
over the frost where the white mountains lie
What will futur be, in the shadows of a word?
To be a queen: an oath upon the sword
And a tale...
And the tale carries on
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

20.09.2008 - 12:16
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I got Fall Of An Empire a while ago. Didn't like it as much as Of Wars In Osyrhia, but it has it's moments
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
22.09.2008 - 02:38
Gigginova
Account deleted
Fall Of An Empire......ummm I wasn't very impressed personally
22.09.2008 - 18:25
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
WTF?
I don't get when people say that some band will come from nowhere and will replace another band.
If an original band is gettind bad... And another comes cloning the old band's stuff [cofTrivium?cofcof] then it doesn't mean that the old one will be replaced @______________@

The band remains me a lot of Rhapsody but at the same times sounds completely different, is hard to explain... It's just a feeling that you get after being a Rhapsody-maniac since you were 7.
The difference might be the way the keyboards are used. the riffs are also quite different.

Back on topic, The band is actually a nice surprise for me. I didn't knew about them since today lol. But after cheecking the myspace it came ou that the band is good. Unfortunately I'm not THAT into power metal anymore.

And I don't want to bother some people... But you guys gotta accept that Fairyland is the ultimate gay name for a band. jejeje
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
22.09.2008 - 19:02
Jonnz of Steel
Fairyland are killer, but my friend stuff has my copy of Of Wars In Osyrhia...
23.09.2008 - 13:47
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by X-Ray Rod on 22.09.2008 at 18:25

The band remains me a lot of Rhapsody but at the same times sounds completely different, is hard to explain... It's just a feeling that you get after being a Rhapsody-maniac since you were 7.
The difference might be the way the keyboards are used. the riffs are also quite different.

I know exactly what you mean...actually I made the same statement on the previous page.

And I don't want to bother some people... But you guys gotta accept that Fairyland is the ultimate gay name for a band. jejeje

You are so right about that But the music is still great so I guess we just have to forget the name
----

14.01.2009 - 22:33
MeloDeathViking
I loved "Of Wars In Osyrhia" but wasnt that thrilled with "Fall of an Empire" I really hope "Score to a New Beginning" is better. The potential is definitly there, so I'm excited.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
21.01.2009 - 02:29
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat

Totally.
They still kick ass though. I hope teh new album will be beter than Fall of an Empire. It was kinda dissapointing after Of Wars in Osyrhia. I wonder what went wrong.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
03.02.2009 - 22:01
Zelse
I might be the odd one out here; I wasn't thoroughly impressed with Of Wars In Osyrhia (good album with some great songs, definitely not a bad album at all), but Fall of an Empire stuns me every time I hear it. Max's voice fit so perfectly with the rest of the music that I was really sad when I heard everyone left.

I've been eagerly awaiting Score To A New Beginning for a long time. The sample clips on Fairyland's Myspace definitely sound promising. I cannot wait!
07.02.2009 - 21:17
Hybris
The song Eldanie Uelle is amazing, and then I listened The Story remains, Look into the lost years... wow!! a very good band =)
----
Opening a new scar, closing the wounds with a knife
08.02.2009 - 03:28
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Well, I've only heard 'Of Wars...'and I'm sorry to say that I found it to be absolutely boring, generic power metal like many other bands.
However, there's a exception to it : I really love the instrumental The Army Of The White Mountain because it just brings so many images in my mind... Haven't used it yet during a RPG session, but I will certainly do one day.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
08.02.2009 - 04:06
Zelse
Do yourself a favor and listen to Fall of an Empire. I felt the same way about Wars (well, to a lesser extent), but Empire sealed it for me.
08.02.2009 - 11:42
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Agreed...Fall Of An Empire is one level higher than Of Wars... imo
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

08.02.2009 - 13:31
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Welll, I'll check it out!
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
08.02.2009 - 15:18
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I'm with the majority..."Fall..." is better than "Of Wars..."
----

08.02.2009 - 15:21
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion

+1
Nice vocal though, even if the band isn't above the average.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
08.02.2009 - 17:49
Zelse
I wonder why Score To A New Beginning starts off with Across The Endless Seas, Part 2 when Part 1 was a bonus track on FOAE. >_>
08.02.2009 - 18:03
VPeter

Probably also scare away a lot of potential listeners.
08.02.2009 - 18:18
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by VPeter on 08.02.2009 at 18:03

Exactly... I listened to the myspace and it was ok [I'm not into power metal anymore so..]
But the point is, like you said... That people that likes the genre would look at the band like "wtf?... no thanks"
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
08.02.2009 - 18:33
ForeverDarkWoods
Damn..... This band name sounds so ultra gay I need to check this band out...

Hoping for flowercheese hilarity that beats Rhapsody or Dragonforce...

----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
04.04.2009 - 17:33
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
They're coming to Copenhagen in September to play at the ProgPower Scandinavia pre-party. I so hope I'll be able to go
----

04.04.2009 - 21:15
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 08.02.2009 at 18:18

Written by VPeter on 08.02.2009 at 18:03

Exactly... I listened to the myspace and it was ok [I'm not into power metal anymore so..]
But the point is, like you said... That people that likes the genre would look at the band like "wtf?... no thanks"
No... I checked them out because of the lol-name when browsing through the forums and I'd say it was a nice find.
Looking forward to the upcoming one as it has Elisa in it again [she's probably improved again (I said that comparing to Of Wars to Enclosed in Dreamaker in 2005)]
-----------------slightly off-topic-------------------
Hamka should have a band profile here... visible or not
----
loves 小巫
04.04.2009 - 21:17
Zelse
Having heard the new album, I don't think Elisa's actually in it... in fact, she's not even listed on the MySpace.

http://www.myspace.com/fairylandfantasia

Still, it's a mindblowing album. If you want to hear one of the tracks, the title track is on YouTube...
04.04.2009 - 21:35
Lord_Regnier
Elisa C. Martin definitely doesn't appear on the new Fairyland album. I got the information from Philippe Giordana himself. He posts on a forum I visit from time to time.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
04.04.2009 - 21:55
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
----
loves 小巫
04.04.2009 - 22:09
Zelse
Everyone thought Elisa would be on a long time ago, but Philippe even has the listing on his website.

http://www.fairyland-metal.com/comments.asp?IdArticle=78
04.04.2009 - 23:43
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Thanks for letting me know, but I feel a bit sad now, but maybe her replacement would be better :
----
loves 小巫
04.04.2009 - 23:58
Lord_Regnier
"We had to cancel her participation due to scheduling conflicts.

Unfortunately, Blabbermouth relayed an old news stating she was on the album, and it just spread.

So, to be clear (and anyone checking Fairyland's site or myspce knows it): ELISA IS NOT ON THE ALBUM!"

-Philippe Giordana

I think it will be clear enough now.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"