Metal Storm logo
What band have you played out?

06.02.2008 - 12:31
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Have you ever liked a band so much that you're now sick of them? if so, who? discuss.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
06.02.2008 - 12:45
Damnated
Churchburner
Opeth. i liked them very much 4-5 years ago, but now i hardly listen to them. i still like some of their albums, like Damnation, but the others just bore me.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
06.02.2008 - 12:51
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
mostly the stuff that got me into metal like maiden, priest and ac/dc. though i still enjoy them when i hear them.
06.02.2008 - 12:52
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Well, Ive listened HammerFall since Ive first time listened metal, some 4 years ago, and now all their songs are the same to me... I know much more bands now that are worth spending mt time on them, so I almost never play HammerFall, although I cant say that I am sick of them, nor I think that they are bad... Fuck, now Ive remembered one song that Id actually like to hear... In Memoriam... great instrumental
----
06.02.2008 - 13:22
Stigmatized
I myself haven't, but my friends have. I have trouble listening to bands like Lamb of God and The Black Dahlia Murder due to it being all my friends listened to. It's cool that they're into them, but they never got a break. I hate NOFX and Bloodhound Gang for the same reason.
06.02.2008 - 14:40
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Rhapsody and probably Nightwish too...those bands are definitely great, but i have listened to their songs so many many times...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

06.02.2008 - 15:19
matthioso
Rammstein... Their latest albums were a real disappointed for me and I've heared their older songs a lot. Still when I hear one of the older stuff I sing along, but on my own I don't listen to them anymore.
----
www.seedofrock.be
06.02.2008 - 16:54
nana.MD
Star-Queen
hmm...i haven't got totatlly sick from a band, what happens is that i get bored and stop listening....nowadays sometimes i listen someday a couple of songs, but just once and that's it, when i used to play them alot...those groups would be: blind guardian, nightwish, rhapsody, angra, secret sphere, avantasia, etc...stuff like that...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
06.02.2008 - 18:16
Unicron
Account deleted
I got really sick of In Extremo. I really was a big fan some time and albums ago, but then I started to dislike their older stuff and I don't really like their newer stuff either anymore.
06.02.2008 - 19:09
SteTech
DragonForce for me, after listening to them too often I realised the whole playing fast thing has become a gimmick. I almost played out Sonata Arctica, but after seeing them live they become one of my favourite bands again
06.02.2008 - 19:32
Son of Odin
Probably Blind Guardian, of course I still like them but they are starting to get pretty boring, especially the last 10 years.
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
07.02.2008 - 00:15
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Children of Bodom. Well, I wouldn't say Im absolutely sick of them. A few years ago I had Bodom playing constantly, I pretty much studied every song inside and out. Hell, if one was to only play 10 of a drumline for a song I probably couldve named what song it was. I think all that over playing I did made it really hard for me to listen to them now.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
07.02.2008 - 00:35
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by SteTech on 06.02.2008 at 19:09

I almost played out Sonata Arctica, but after seeing them live they become one of my favourite bands again

Wow, that is exactly what happened to me. After I introduced them to my girlfriend she never stopped playing them and I started to get tired. Didn't listen to any of my albums for about a year or so, and with Unia I had about enough, but then I saw them live recently and rediscovered them all over again.

I have a hard time listening to Pantera anymore, and I definitely played out Opeth, all except the earlier stuff which strangely never gets old. Morningrise just has something intriguing within the music... very natural and timeless.
07.02.2008 - 02:12
Eternal Flames
Written by Doc G. on 07.02.2008 at 00:15

Children of Bodom. Well, I wouldn't say Im absolutely sick of them. A few years ago I had Bodom playing constantly, I pretty much studied every song inside and out. Hell, if one was to only play 10 of a drumline for a song I probably couldve named what song it was. I think all that over playing I did made it really hard for me to listen to them now.

Same here. I used to listen to Children of Bodom heaps back around 4-5 years ago. When I did stop listening to them, my brother started listening to them heaps, so that just made it even worse. I rarely listen to them nowadays. I'll occasionally listen to Hatebreeder and Follow The Reaper but I get bored of that pretty quickly too.
07.02.2008 - 02:30
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Eternal Flames on 07.02.2008 at 02:12

Written by Doc G. on 07.02.2008 at 00:15

Same here. I used to listen to Children of Bodom heaps back around 4-5 years ago. When I did stop listening to them, my brother started listening to them heaps, so that just made it even worse. I rarely listen to them nowadays. I'll occasionally listen to Hatebreeder and Follow The Reaper but I get bored of that pretty quickly too.

Yeah, occasionally I'll listen to a song or two for nostalgia sake. But if I dont mix it with other songs in a playlist I'll get bored.....but im still excited about seeing them live in a few months!
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
07.02.2008 - 04:13
selken
Irreligious
Written by Stalker on 06.02.2008 at 12:52

Well, Ive listened HammerFall since Ive first time listened metal, some 4 years ago, and now all their songs are the same to me...

+1
The same happened to me with HF, actually i'm unable to listen to a whole album of them it gets me bored very quickly. And the same reason goes for Cannibal Corpse.

I even deleted HF from my hard drive (I only listen music in my PC and I resell a lot of albums, before making a copy of course). cause it passed over a year without listen to them.

Now I have overcome that problem since I got a lot of music, actually I haven't heard 3/4 of my albums twice.
----
07.02.2008 - 07:29
Ellie
Account deleted
Children of Bodom and Kalmah definitely..
07.02.2008 - 07:41
Harmonic
Account deleted
Iced Earth is starting to get tired. Maybe I'm not in the right frame of mind for it. Maybe I'm not as angry as I was a couple of years ago. I already wore out Slayer. Excessively heavy music seems to have a shelf life for me. It's very likely that I'll wear out Symphony X as well, but I can fix that by getting more of their albums (Paradise Lost fades over time). Kalmah? Yeah, I can imagine getting bored with them, too.
07.02.2008 - 09:26
b0000mst1ck
scar symmetry, unfortunately. i used to have a job doing maintenance and janitorial shit at a grocery store, and back then i'd listen to symmetric in design at least twice a night. once pitch black progress came out i'd switch back and forth between the two, but i'd still listen to them all the time. i still enjoy their music, but i can only deal with it on a rare occassion.
07.02.2008 - 12:40
Sleep In Sorrow
Ghost Of The Sun
Katatonia and My Dying Bride seem to have been both played out for me. They're still some of my favorite bands., but I just listened so much to their old stuff that their songs have kind of lost their impact on me. Also, the last album released by both bands, though good, weren't anything ground-breaking to renew my interest.
----
"It's not funny, my ass is on fire..."
07.02.2008 - 12:45
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Hammerfall, i loved them to death but now i'm kind of tired of some of their songs like "Warriors of Faith", "Heeding the Call" and "Stronger than All"

i'll probably never get tired of "Hearts on Fire"(paradoxically)
07.02.2008 - 12:55
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
opeth - i used to love them, but now ive gone off them completely...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
07.02.2008 - 16:22
Kharn
Account deleted
At the gates, cannibal corpse, the berzerker, went off clutch for a bit too after i saw them live...but i came crawling back cause they're that damn good!
08.02.2008 - 00:31
VPeter
I used to be an Finntroll maniac but listened way to much to it, after that mistake I decided to switch bands often so I never get sick of them.
08.02.2008 - 00:40
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by SteTech on 06.02.2008 at 19:09

DragonForce for me, after listening to them too often I realised the whole playing fast thing has become a gimmick. I almost played out Sonata Arctica, but after seeing them live they become one of my favourite bands again

Wow, nearly identical to me, except, I've never seen Sonata Arctica live lol.
09.02.2008 - 15:22
Pinusar
Account deleted
A few years ago I really liked Motörhead and listened to it a lot. After that, I couldn't stand them for some time. Although I still quite like it now, I donät listen to it very often, although that's probably more because of my tastes changing a bit over the time.
10.02.2008 - 02:46
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I played out King Diamond and Kreator when I was damn sure I was going to see them in April but the tour was canceled...
10.02.2008 - 04:17
Nox Lux
codebreaker
For me it's Metallica. If I hear that bastard sing like a sailor ever again I'll squeeze my balls out of my arsehole and feed them to my father in a meatball subway sandwich.

Ok, so obviously I hope the new album is good. And they ARE still excellent - but that same singing style is starting to grow tiresome. Because of that, I'm more interested in Megadeth these days if I'm in the mood for 80's thrash at all. I must admit it's been a while since Bay Area has had any air time on my iTunes whatsoever.

I'm currently trying my best to play Opeth out. That way, by the time the new album comes out in June I'll be soooooo stoked.

----
][{ ]|/ ][_ "][" -- ][3) ][_ /=|[ [( ][{ -- ][][][ |E[ "][" ]|= ][_

"Thoughts fall in season with the right stand, rake the land
This Autumn's early leafshed a recompense for Summer's wane."
~ Nox Lux
10.02.2008 - 16:41
FOOCK Nam
HammerFall, yeah I get sick of them now. They are my first metal band I had. I listened to them day by day. Now, I feel the vocal of Can and their guitar music very sick, not by the music nature, just because of my myriad times listening to them.
10.02.2008 - 19:26
BlackMin
Account deleted
Old Metallica, i used to listen them as hell when i was 8-14 years old but the time i spent with those records just got less and less after that. Now i just cant stand their recordings, no matter is it new or old. Pretty much same goes with Slayer. I dont really have any special reason, i just pretty much grow out of those bands...enough is enough.