Metal Storm logo
Folk Metal sheet music

21.02.2008 - 14:24
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
This may seem a weird thing to ask, but does anyone know of anywhere one can find sheet music for the folk, etc parts of metal songs? Like the woodwind instruments in a Folk Metal track. While I more or less don't know the first thing about playing a guitar, I know that there are plenty of sources for guitar tabs out there, but I was wondering if anywhere the same sort of thing was available for other instruments in metal songs? I figured this was probably the best place to ask, so can anyone help me?
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
21.02.2008 - 16:20
Torelli
Do you mean guitar tabs on the folk instruments, our tabs specific for the instrument being used? Or both?
21.02.2008 - 17:23
Skald
Account deleted
Many Guitar Pro tabs contain notes/tablatures for all instruments used in the given song, including the folk ones.
21.02.2008 - 22:36
Varegan
Hamranakara
I don't always like playing distortion guitar in harmony with flute or any folk instruments. playing a folk sheet music on guitar does not make sense! you can download a lot of folk metal GP tabs.
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
22.02.2008 - 05:47
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
No no, I'm not talking about guitars at all. I just used that as an example of an instrument that has readily available written music. I'm talking about sheet music for the woodwind instruments in Folk Metal.
----
- Bruce Dickinson

22.02.2008 - 07:52
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
yeh guitar pro tabs would be the best bet but even then, they'd be very hard to find...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
22.02.2008 - 16:06
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Raiden on 22.02.2008 at 05:47

No no, I'm not talking about guitars at all. I just used that as an example of an instrument that has readily available written music. I'm talking about sheet music for the woodwind instruments in Folk Metal.

you mean you just like to learn Folk parts of a Folk Metal music? its easy!!! just find someone to teach you folk music. or search for its guitar pro tabs on internet.
----

22.02.2008 - 21:43
Stalker
Lone wanderer
I dont know, I never needed tabs for Folk bands like Cruachan or Ensiferum, since most of their songs are terribly easy to learn by ear, yet so kick ass to play... You may want to try them out.... They're mostly in standard E tunning btw...
----
23.02.2008 - 18:16
Remus
Yup, i know what you mean!
Like, tabs for the part played on the bag-pipes on Kamelot's "Moonlight", right? Yeah, don't know where you can get stuff like that from...
Your best bet would be to tab them out yourself.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
24.02.2008 - 10:53
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Written by Varegan on 22.02.2008 at 16:06

you mean you just like to learn Folk parts of a Folk Metal music? its easy!!! just find someone to teach you folk music. or search for its guitar pro tabs on internet.

Yes, I mean the Folk parts in Folk Metal music, but you keep talking about guitar tabs (what are guitar pro tabs anyway?). I was reasonably good at the wood recorder back in the day, so that's what I'm talking about. Sheet music for any woodwind instruments in Folk Metal music.
----
- Bruce Dickinson

24.02.2008 - 12:26
Skald
Account deleted
Here is a screenshot of Guitar Pro with Cruachan - The Butterfly tabs and the flute selected.
Here is the entire third page of the said tabs.
Here you can learn more about Guitar Pro.
24.02.2008 - 15:46
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Raiden on 24.02.2008 at 10:53

Yes, I mean the Folk parts in Folk Metal music, but you keep talking about guitar tabs (what are guitar pro tabs anyway?). I was reasonably good at the wood recorder back in the day, so that's what I'm talking about. Sheet music for any woodwind instruments in Folk Metal music.

don't you know guitar pro so you just download its trial version and install it.then search for (for example) "Cruachan Guitar Pro Tabs".all tabs are separated on a gp tab.you can choose any instruments to be played separated.
----

25.02.2008 - 02:07
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Written by Varegan on 24.02.2008 at 15:46

don't you know guitar pro so you just download its trial version and install it.then search for (for example) "Cruachan Guitar Pro Tabs".all tabs are separated on a gp tab.you can choose any instruments to be played separated.

Wouldn't they only cover stringed instruments though?
----
- Bruce Dickinson

25.02.2008 - 03:40
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Written by Raiden on 25.02.2008 at 02:07

no u can do pretty much any instrument - u can either tab it in OR you can also use normal music staves and stuff

but it is based heavily around the guitar therefore most of the effects are for guitars...
----
25.02.2008 - 04:47
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 25.02.2008 at 03:40

Written by Raiden on 25.02.2008 at 02:07

no u can do pretty much any instrument - u can either tab it in OR you can also use normal music staves and stuff

but it is based heavily around the guitar therefore most of the effects are for guitars...

Okay. I guess I need more information about this "guitar pro tabs" thing then.
----
- Bruce Dickinson

25.02.2008 - 05:06
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
yeh u should def check it out - its a great piece of software! i use it all the time - so much better than the text tabs and its got so much more variety and options to do stuff with like different instruments and stuff
----
28.02.2008 - 14:07
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Written by Guest on 24.02.2008 at 12:26

Here is a screenshot of Guitar Pro with Cruachan - The Butterfly tabs and the flute selected.

How did I miss this post? Anyhow, that looks pretty cool. On that screenshot, is that just the flute section because you've clicked on "flute" down the bottom?
----
- Bruce Dickinson

14.04.2008 - 16:40
Berfones
Written by Raiden on 28.02.2008 at 14:07

How did I miss this post? Anyhow, that looks pretty cool. On that screenshot, is that just the flute section because you've clicked on "flute" down the bottom?

If you want there are some Moonsorrow and other folk metal band's guitar pro tabs in Doomish.com and you can see the folk parts there to get a clear understanding on how they use it ( even though you probobly don't need it...)
----
Thine truly,ancient evil overlord
15.04.2008 - 09:00
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Written by Berfones on 14.04.2008 at 16:40

Written by Raiden on 28.02.2008 at 14:07

If you want there are some Moonsorrow and other folk metal band's guitar pro tabs in Doomish.com and you can see the folk parts there to get a clear understanding on how they use it ( even though you probobly don't need it...)

Ahh thank you very much. I'll test out the trail version of it first and have a look.
----
- Bruce Dickinson

19.08.2011 - 18:11
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Guitar Pro FTW. It has tabs for symphonic effects too. Every instrument in a song is tabbed.
01.02.2013 - 21:52
squidrick420
Quote:

I get what they are trying to say, Guitar Pro is a program that plays back tabs/sheet music as midi files. When you download these tabs sometimes people include the orchestral/folk band parts along with the guitar parts. However, I would say from the prospective from somebody who was raised around sheet music that you should learn to play it by ear, when it comes to folk instrument players there is usually not sheet music involved and transcribing it isn't always easy or correct.
22.05.2013 - 17:37
noelgarcia
Hi there,

Well There is a huge demand for public domain sheet music for a variety of purposes. Some folks use this music to create public performances - and with public domain materials, there are no royalty or performance fees to worry about. Others want to build collections of royalty free music to sell to product developers. Still others build themed collections and sell it as books or CDs. However if you are looking for metal sheet music you can click here . I hope you can find something very useful.