Metal Storm logo
Falconer

15.06.2006 - 13:12
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
So what do you all think of this band?
i really like how this type of vocals are being used in a powermetal, i also really enjoy how the guitars are used here,
i especially like the album Chapters From A Vale Forlorn

please share your opinions with me
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
15.06.2006 - 15:46
Stigmatized
Lamest.....Band....Ever. Here's proof-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkyYr5ipSog

Seriously though, their music isn't that bad, they're all good musicians, but they're just not my style. Particularly the vocals....
23.07.2006 - 08:24
Devil Child
Account deleted
Falconer is a good band, my favourite album is their self titled debut "Falconer" which contain some of my favourites songs such as "Mindtraveller" and "Wings Of Serenity" but their others stuff is great too. The band will release a new album called Northwind, which will feature the former vocalist "Mathias Blad", the same vocalist that appears on their firsts two albums and he's much more talented than his successor (now predeccessor) "Karl Kristoffer Göbel" IMO. So If you like their firsts albums, you should check this one.
03.09.2006 - 07:42
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Oh, man, just checking out the new Falconer... it is so nice to hear the vocals of Mathias. I'm only through the CD once, but it's definitely better than their last release, that's for sure. I'm still letting it sink in Anyone else heard it?
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
03.09.2006 - 08:38
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
not yet, but soon i hope
----
08.09.2006 - 00:41
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
their self titled album is the only one i have and wow its huge! those guitars just blow everything up. I will try to get the rest of the albums.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
08.09.2006 - 09:41
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by Stigmatized on 15.06.2006 at 15:46

Seriously though, their music isn't that bad, they're all good musicians, but they're just not my style. Particularly the vocals....

There is a big difference between their first two albums, and their second two.
Im am a HUGE fan of the first two, its very original material and the vocals are amazing! The ballads are probalby my favourite part about the band
Lament Of A Minstrel, Portals Of Light, Quest For The Crown (even though they are only half ballads).
and then theres Royal Galley, Mindtraveller, Enter The Glade etc etc.

The next two albums are shit. I also like Mithotyn, the pre Falconer band.
09.09.2006 - 22:01
danzig111
Account deleted

yeah ummmm, i sort ov get what you mean by the video.

And i would hardly call it Power Metal though.
10.09.2006 - 01:30
Devil Child
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.09.2006 at 22:01

Of course, if the only thing you know from Falconer is this video, I totally agree with you, it's the cheesiest and worst song Falconer have ever done, even the title of the song is sooooo cheesy "Emotional Skies". Maybe the lamest SONG ever...
10.09.2006 - 01:37
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
agreed, that song sucks badly, chapters and their self-titled are masterpieces though...

and i still havent had the chance to buy the new one
----
10.09.2006 - 02:50
Devil Child
Account deleted
For those who wants to know how REALLY sound Falconer, go check the title track of the new album "Northwind" on this website:

http://www.mustdie.ru/en/band/falconer/12612/
10.09.2006 - 04:38
danzig111
Account deleted
@Devil Child: well yes that is the only Falconer i know to be honest. But what is their other material like? Who is it comparable to?
10.09.2006 - 04:39
Stigmatized
Written by Guest on 10.09.2006 at 01:30

Written by Guest on 09.09.2006 at 22:01

Of course, if the only thing you know from Falconer is this video, I totally agree with you, it's the cheesiest and worst song Falconer have ever done, even the title of the song is sooooo cheesy "Emotionnal Skies" maybe the lamest SONG ever...

I've heard 2 of their albums all the way through. Didn't stick with me at all. Sounded pretty bland to me....
10.09.2006 - 05:31
Danigar
I really like this band, I was searching for some "different" power metal and I come across them and well, Im thankful for that, I really love their first two albums, the next two werent as great and I kind of put them aside, but as soon as I heard the new one, "Northwind", with the former singer, I was blowed away like never, its my favourite one yet, and one of the top for this year! So if you liked the first two albums you should check this out! I love it.
10.09.2006 - 12:42
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Guest on 10.09.2006 at 04:38

@Devil Child: well yes that is the only Falconer i know to be honest. But what is their other material like? Who is it comparable to?

http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/review.php?review_id=3095

there´s a review i wrote for their second album, Chapters From A Vale Forlorn, their best in my opinion

Written by Stigmatized on 10.09.2006 at 04:39

I've heard 2 of their albums all the way through. Didn't stick with me at all. Sounded pretty bland to me....

it depends on which albums you heard, the first two are masterpieces while the third and fourth are just generic boring powermetal
----
10.09.2006 - 15:20
danzig111
Account deleted
@Bas2: i'm streaming some samples ov Falconer right now...(from that same album) it's much much better than the song in that video! wow.
13.09.2006 - 01:48
Sequester
Account deleted
Well the original vocalist is back, and the band sounds better than ever in my opinion. A few people have said that I sound similar to him, which is a big compliment because he is such an excellent singer. There are too many Helloween-wannabe bands out there, so Falconer was definately a breath of fresh air for me when I first heard them. I definately recommend you give them a listen if you haven't already.
13.09.2006 - 13:30
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Guest on 10.09.2006 at 15:20

@Bas2: i'm streaming some samples ov Falconer right now...(from that same album) it's much much better than the song in that video! wow.

told you
----
13.09.2006 - 14:22
okt31
Account deleted
Great band! Chapters is my favourite.. But I like Gobel's voice too.
Fav. songs: Upon the Grave of Guilt Enter the Glade, Decadence of Dignity, Clarion Call..
And frmo the new I can't pick up anything yet, but it'a a great record.. Again with Mathias Blad!
14.09.2006 - 05:45
Sequester
Account deleted
I think my favourite by Falconer is "The Past Still Lives On" from their first album. EXCELLENT song.
14.09.2006 - 16:25
Hyvaarin
I can't wait for the new album - the samples sound excellent. Hopefully it'll be easy to find.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
10.10.2006 - 04:06
WindMyth
Account deleted
Ehm, well, this is a weird band, the lyrics are from topics not often talked, but I liked it, the vocal sing also strange, and musically they are not that good, but they have great songs, a lot of creativity.
10.10.2006 - 06:37
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
First two albums were amazing, last two shit, what more can i say, i think the first two albums show originality to the scene, and was a big step since Mithotyn, but they have lessened their standards a little of recent, hopefully the new album is good.
13.10.2006 - 13:31
Vidrageon
Account deleted
I just love this band, the newest album is fucking amazing, with Blad back and his vocals improved, it's a soaring feeling listening to them again.
31.01.2007 - 17:15
Stormheart
Account deleted
One of my favorite band.But who put it into power?To me they are heavy...
31.01.2007 - 17:30
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah, Falconer is great, I didn't listen the last album, but as soon as I get enough money I will obtain it.
I also like mythotin. They are also pretty cool, but little different than falconer, who would gues the same guys are playing in both bands, altough mythotin is no more...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
31.01.2007 - 19:33
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Guest on 31.01.2007 at 17:15

One of my favorite band.But who put it into power?To me they are heavy...

well they are quite unmistakably powermetal to me though..

@Aronax, what bands would you compare mythotin to? i have to get there stuff somewhen soon
----
31.01.2007 - 20:18
APOHAKC
The Bard
@Bas2 - I dunno man, they are quite unique, or I didn't listen enough of different music
But you want regret if you find'em
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
03.07.2007 - 16:32
Infurnace
It's a really cool band. I lately re-discovered how good they are. Mathias Blad is one of the best clean vocalists ever.
10.07.2007 - 23:04
Arcaliz666
Account deleted
Falconer, one of the revelations of the Swedish Power, the voice of Mathias Blad is awesome !!!!