Metal Storm logo
Vlad Tepes (LLN)

15.06.2006 - 14:07
Angel Deformity
Azathoth

Vlad Tepes (Vlad the Impaler) was a 15th century Wallachian ruler.
Killed lots of people in fucked up ways...

Formed in 1992, France's Vlad Tepes released demo after demo, split after split until around the end of 1998 when the band (Wlad - vocals, guitar, drums and Vorlok - bass and drums) decided to split up. Rumors speculate that the band is still releasing material in the french bm underground via tape trading.

Being part of the Les Legions Noires (LLN) or the black legions gave this band a kvlt following, being likened to a copy of the norwegian inner circle, the LLN would be known for strong antichristian beliefs which lead to vandalism and arson in most cases.

One of the true kvlt bands of France, Vlad Tepes released many very badly produced, yet decent demos and some awesome splits with bands such as Belketre, Torgeist, Black Murder etc.

For fans of Vlad Tepes, whats your favourite demo/split/song... discuss!
15.06.2006 - 14:14
Damnated
Churchburner
I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I do listen to Vlad Tepes from time to time. The band is the second best from the LLN, but not very good when were talking about BM in general. The whole LLN focused to much on their image and ideology, then on the music itself.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
15.06.2006 - 16:03
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
too many people don't bother to form an opinion on this band and just label it as underproduced crap. which is far from being true, in my opinion. the songs are actually quite melodic and catchy and the production value does add to it rather than take away, but the music i still relativly clear on the non-rehearsal releases.

my favourite release that ive heard of theirs is 'celtic poetry'. it has a slightly shriller production than the other main releases but sounds great.

people should just try listening to them instead of fixating on the fact that they have a low quality production (as though thats never been done in black metal by any other band) and the fact that everyone seems to think they tried to avoid attention (which is only true for their lesser projects. VT release weren't limited to tiny amounts)
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
15.06.2006 - 20:02
Southern Wind
Account deleted
This is the worst BM band I had ever heard, and it's true... maybe I just heard the wrong demos, but I don't think any band able to release such worthless crap can do something relatively listenable.
15.06.2006 - 20:06
Anton Alcolust
i have 4 of their release , my favourit is 'March To The Black Holocaust' , the sound is crap , but i love this stuff !
'celtic poetry' is an amazing stuff too, with a 17min long song !!!
generally i think they are amazing guitar riff , simple but amazing !
but the 'ultra underground' side of the black legion is a bit boring ...
----
A.M.S.G.
16.06.2006 - 02:11
AntaeusM
Elite
I only like one song by Vlad Tepes, that is "Raven's Hyke". It is an instrumental song. For all the other songs..it is just bad. Some of them are decent, but the production is just too bad, too raw, and just simply not listenable.
16.06.2006 - 13:10
matos
any mp3 links ?
----
16.06.2006 - 15:56
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
http://www.myspace.com/vladtepesfrance has an mp3

Quote:
NECRO HOLOCAUST

14/02/2006 14:29

What's going on with Vlad these days, when can we expect something new...PLAGUE

SCHWING!
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
16.06.2006 - 16:29
matos
@tommy tee: thanks for the link, i've listened to both of the tracks, and i really love the first, instrumental one - Wladimir's march
going to get more!
----
18.06.2006 - 02:55
pox
Account deleted
i like the Belketre split most, production on that is completely fine to my ears.
i also like the split with Torgeist, some really great riffs on that but the production doesn't have the clarity.
then i like the Winter Rehearsal and War Funeral March, i seem to remember the latter have very clear production, almost too clean, but with a really weak guitar sound.
the others i either don't know or don't care, the thing with them is that they've been traded and bootlegged so many times that some of those crappy sounding demos could easily have been bootlegged off of a bootleg that was originally bootlegged from a copy of a copy of an original tape that actually sounds really good.
19.06.2006 - 05:26
Angel Deformity
Azathoth
Alot of people just ASSUME after one listen that a majority of the LLN bands just suck because the production sounds shit... but pox knows whats happening with that...

Written by Guest on 18.06.2006 at 02:55

the thing with them is that they've been traded and bootlegged so many times that some of those crappy sounding demos could easily have been bootlegged off of a bootleg that was originally bootlegged from a copy of a copy of an original tape that actually sounds really good.

So for the people that cant actually hear past the "noise" remember this, its a copy of a copy of a copy (etc) so of course the production will suffer.

I'm purchasing the split with Belketre this week via the net, cant wait.
19.06.2006 - 11:18
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Angel Deformity on 19.06.2006 at 05:26

Alot of people just ASSUME after one listen that a majority of the LLN bands just suck because the production sounds shit... but pox knows whats happening with that...

Written by Guest on 18.06.2006 at 02:55

the thing with them is that they've been traded and bootlegged so many times that some of those crappy sounding demos could easily have been bootlegged off of a bootleg that was originally bootlegged from a copy of a copy of an original tape that actually sounds really good.

But then how the hell we can tell if they are good or not. Non of us will hear the FIRST tapes, so we can only judge what we can hear. And that sucks. I listened to almost every band from the LLN, and they are crap. (Exept Mütiilation, and sometimes Vlad Tepes )
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
19.06.2006 - 13:53
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
no, the production on all LLN is extremly low quality. if you assume its just because its because bootlegs may be tapes of tapes of bootlegs of mp3's etc, then get the recent drakkar re-issues which are recorded from the original masters. the sound quality is better than the bootleg ive heard but its not hugely different.
----

Read Watchmen.
20.06.2006 - 06:33
Angel Deformity
Azathoth
Just let it be grim... not labelled shitty, but labelled kvlt...

Whats everyones favourite song by VT?
20.06.2006 - 09:25
Damnated
Churchburner
I would say 'Morte Lune' right now. It's not much, but I like it. The guitars are pretty good.
----

20.06.2006 - 22:43
Ace
Account deleted
March to the black holocaust is a really good split...i was never too prejudiced concerning the LLN, but this release reallz convinced me to the fact that they're good.
21.06.2006 - 21:56
Erotic Funeral
Account deleted
wladimirs march is my favourite song of thiers, had a damn awesome intro part! probably spelt it wrong tho
22.09.2006 - 12:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Angel deformity - I like themm songs in myspace and I had hear this demo
'' War Funeral March'' and its good al songs are good specely song titles, thay are great specely this ''From The Celtic Moonfrost''
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.12.2006 - 06:45
Angel Deformity
Azathoth
March to the black holocaust is fucking sick... nuff said
26.12.2006 - 08:21
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Vlad Tepes happens to be one of my favorite LLN bands, along with Mutiilation. From time to time, I always seem to get in the mood of listening to a few of their albums I've downloaded. (Yes, I downloaded their albums, bite me.) My favorite album would have to be "La Morte Lune", mostly because that album got me into this band.
29.12.2006 - 23:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 26.12.2006 at 08:21

Vlad Tepes happens to be one of my favorite LLN bands, along with Mutiilation. From time to time, I always seem to get in the mood of listening to a few of their albums I've downloaded. (Yes, I downloaded their albums, bite me.) My favorite album would have to be "La Morte Lune", mostly because that album got me into this band.

Actualy ist only band from LLN what I like and I acn lsiten, others yes i can do it, but this IMO are best, and its yeah remaind me those BM days when bands show up and gobe, some are forgoten, some still are know, even split up

We all dounloud them
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.03.2007 - 19:20
chuckie
Account deleted
LLN is alright, alot of bands aren't all theyre cracked up to be. I really like Vlad Tepes as with Belketre, Moevot (i fucking love moevot), & Black Murder
16.03.2007 - 21:23
Zombie, M.D.
Im not too crazy about them. Theyve got a few great songs but I tend to consider them as one of the weaker LLN bands. Belketre and Torgeist are miles ahead.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
17.03.2007 - 04:01
Angel Deformity
Azathoth
I disagree IMO having only heard Belketre and not Torgeist, i reckon Vlad Tepes outweighs Belketre by a mile... or two. Belketre has too much of a black and roll feel to be a preference over Vlad Tepes, well for me anyways.
25.01.2008 - 07:13
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
I've just started listening to "La Morte Luna". They have some good songs, especially "Warmoon Lord", but I need to listen to the whole demo some more. I'm not easily bothered by bad sound...
26.01.2008 - 02:22
VPeter
between all the kvlt basement black metal bands of LLN, there is sometimes a moment of briliance - and I have to say Vlad Tepes do have some cool songs, to bad they quit so soon, if they had invested more money and time in it they could go somewhere.
26.01.2008 - 18:27
mankvill
Vlad Tepes is, by far, my favorite LLN band. Their side of the split with Belketre on The March To The Black Holocaust is by far my favorite black metal recording.
27.01.2008 - 18:19
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by mankvill on 26.01.2008 at 18:27

Their side of the split with Belketre on The March To The Black Holocaust is by far my favorite black metal recording.

that whole split is just very very good.
----

27.01.2008 - 19:41
mankvill
Written by Damnated on 27.01.2008 at 18:19

Written by mankvill on 26.01.2008 at 18:27

Their side of the split with Belketre on The March To The Black Holocaust is by far my favorite black metal recording.

that whole split is just very very good.

It is, but I prefer the Vlad Tepes side over Belketre.
22.02.2008 - 16:43
NOИ
yeah I agree about this split, I have it and I love the sound of Vlad Tepes in it! too bad that they are not active anymore to release an album, becaue we need good bands!