Metal Storm logo
Music Differences

Original post

Posted by Vinnie R., 16.06.2006 - 20:02
Well, it's very known for the musicians, or the amateurs, that have a band is very difficult. First you must find who plays an instrument, after to check what music he or she use to listen and start to practice. Well, in my new band exist musical differences about what we want to play:

Me (Guitar, percussion): Folk Prehispanic Metal, power, progressive, trash, epic...you know TRUE metal
Bass: Black, grindcore, death
Drummer: Only jazz or blues, he plays with us because is the bassist is his brother
Keys: As woman she wants to sing, but doom and gothic themes
Vocals: Hard Rock, bon jovi, kiss, well there is no prblem with he

I think this can't manifestate again in my new band, but it sucks...TRULY
12.04.2008 - 00:36
Hangar XVIII
My band is a fair bit different.

Me (Lead Guitar): Thrash, Jazz-Rock Fusion, NWOBHM, Old 70s Prog
Drums: 80s Hair Metal, Anything With Explicit Sex-Related Lyrics
Rythm Guitar: Metalcore
Bass: Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Early 80s Rock
(Former) Singer: J-Pop, J-Rock, Muse

We overcame our differences by A: Losing the singer, and B: Not paying attention to what genre we were sticking to and just sharing our individual ideas. I write pretty much all the music, the drummer comes up with beats, and we all share lyrics. Though the drummer's have never been used xD.
----
myspace.com/absentchrist
My new black metal project.
17.04.2008 - 01:01
Haightredy
It's not really a problem in my band yet... hopefully it wont be, but I really havent heard anything writen by our other guitarist.

Myself (Guitar): I have a strange habbit of writing only Death Metal, though I try to make it melodic, but when I do it sounds too much like Metalcore.
Other Guitar: Thrash/ 80's Metal
Bass: Every type of metal... as long as it has good bass
Vocals: Melodeath-ish?
Drums: ...Metal?

The only problem we ever had is that our vocalist writes a lot of love-related lyrics. One or two is alright... but he's writen three already, and nobody else has really gotten a chance to give any input, so, we can't really blame him at all.
17.04.2008 - 04:35
Hangar XVIII
Written by Haightredy on 17.04.2008 at 01:01

The only problem we ever had is that our vocalist writes a lot of love-related lyrics. One or two is alright... but he's writen three already, and nobody else has really gotten a chance to give any input, so, we can't really blame him at all.

My drummer tries to write a lot of love songs. But since I basically have a vicegrip now on the style of the band due to his past mistakes, we're getting better lyrically.
----
myspace.com/absentchrist
My new black metal project.