Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden

Original post

Posted by GT, 25.03.2008 - 21:26
Since the old topic exceded its post limit here's the new topic about the band many of us like.

Last discussion in the old topic was about these shoes.

Post your thoughts and comments

EDIT: link to the old topic here
28.04.2009 - 23:52
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by GT on 28.04.2009 at 22:00

Yeah I'm pretty sure no cinemas in Denmark are showing it either. Wouldn't travel to see it though, but if it is was showing in one of the local ones I would probably go

This link says that it was shown in Denmark. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_666
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
29.04.2009 - 12:18
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by K✞ulu on 28.04.2009 at 23:52

Written by GT on 28.04.2009 at 22:00

Yeah I'm pretty sure no cinemas in Denmark are showing it either. Wouldn't travel to see it though, but if it is was showing in one of the local ones I would probably go

This link says that it was shown in Denmark. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_666

Hmm guess no cinemas near me showed it...at least I didn't notice
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
07.05.2009 - 12:48
http://www.petitiononline.com/sirbruce/petition.html

This is a campaign to get Bruce Dickinson knighted, for his achievements in Iron Maiden, as well as his achievements as a pilot, fencer and various other things.

Read the petition to find out more and sign it, goddamnit, sign it!
07.05.2009 - 16:46
TheOwl
No cinemas here in Greece too
and this is one of those things you have to see it in a cinema!
08.05.2009 - 15:16
Saitenhexerin
Oh my god, the petition rules lol
But i would say thay all should become knights^^
Sir Nicko McBrain sounds great, actually lol
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
08.05.2009 - 23:57
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I thought knighthood was for people who made like, humanitarian type contributions to society?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
09.05.2009 - 00:54
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 08.05.2009 at 23:57

I thought knighthood was for people who made like, humanitarian type contributions to society?

you may not know much about soccer so you'll have to trust me that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Ferguson this guy apart from winning tons of trophies didn't really do any contributions of that sort
09.05.2009 - 00:55
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Valentin B on 09.05.2009 at 00:54

you may not know much about soccer so you'll have to trust me that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Ferguson this guy apart from winning tons of trophies didn't really do any contributions of that sort

Hmm. So all in all knighthood really means dick all?
----
- George Carlin
09.05.2009 - 01:01
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 09.05.2009 at 00:55

Written by Valentin B on 09.05.2009 at 00:54

Hmm. So all in all knighthood really means dick all?

yeah i guess so, it's pretty much the queen deciding "hmm the media doesn't give me too much attention these days.. who should i knight now?" lol and as you may guess, her popularity rises according to the popularity of the person being knighted
09.05.2009 - 02:37
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
Knighting Iron Maiden........

Hmmmmmmm........

I can't say that's a bad idea, but if they do that can they also knight motorhead and judas priest?
----
09.05.2009 - 07:35
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Ph0eNiX on 09.05.2009 at 02:37

Knighting Iron Maiden........

Hmmmmmmm........

I can't say that's a bad idea, but if they do that can they also knight motorhead and judas priest?

Actually someone already told Lemmy he should be knighted (I think it was a fan write-in question or something), his reply was "Once a king, always a king, but once a knight is enough."
----
- George Carlin
09.05.2009 - 07:43
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
Hahahahahahaha Amen!
----
12.05.2009 - 18:53
DayFly
Written by METAL MELODIQUE on 12.05.2009 at 18:30

If you love Iron Maiden follow me http://twitter.com/metalmelodique and I'll follow you!

Nobody likes an obnoxious, pushy guy. Advertising in your profile is enough.
12.05.2009 - 19:00
MeloDeathViking

If you love Iron Maiden follow me http://twitter.com/metalmelodique and I'll follow you!

Seriously, fucking enough already, you posted this in like 7 different topics, if you want to meet people try posting in the shout box and actually talking to people.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
12.05.2009 - 21:22
Written by MeloDeathViking on 12.05.2009 at 19:00

Seriously, fucking enough already, you posted this in like 7 different topics, if you want to meet people try posting in the shout box and actually talking to people.

Sorry guys! I will not do it anymore...
----
If you love Heavy Metal, Power Metal and Progressive Metal.
online music, MP3 and videos.

http://metalmelodique.blogspot.com
Folloe me http://twitter.com/metalmelodique and I'll follow you!
12.05.2009 - 22:32
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
So I noticed a fun fact on the site about a Maiden song:

"The song "To Tame A Land" is about Frank Herbert's highly-acclaimed sci-fi book 'Dune'. While it was the band's intention to name the song after the book, Frank Herbert abhorred heavy metal (and Iron Maiden in particular) so much at the time that he threatened to sue if they used the title."

I mean what the fuck kind of shit is that? If your work inspires someone else to create something in another art form, why be a dick?
12.05.2009 - 22:46
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 12.05.2009 at 22:32

"The song "To Tame A Land" is about Frank Herbert's highly-acclaimed sci-fi book 'Dune'. While it was the band's intention to name the song after the book, Frank Herbert abhorred heavy metal (and Iron Maiden in particular) so much at the time that he threatened to sue if they used the title."

I mean what the fuck kind of shit is that? If your work inspires someone else to create something in another art form, why be a dick?

yeah i knew that thing... Herbert should be put in a real iron maiden for this

also it's never played live also for that reason... Iron Maidnem, a hungarian tribute band plays it though, but i couldn't see them in the last years
12.05.2009 - 23:44
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 12.05.2009 at 22:32

Yes. Another interesting fact is that it is also referenced on the back of the Somewhere in Time cover, among the billion of other funny things on it. On the left side of the bridge its written "Herbert ails", and on the one of the buildings there is "Sand Dune grill" sign. Almost everything on that picture is reference on something related to Iron Maiden. Yes, Derek Riggs is a fucking genius.

Link to cover - http://images.coveralia.com/audio/i/Iron_Maiden-Somewhere_In_Time-Trasera.jpg
----
20.05.2009 - 22:20
Omegabyss
Account deleted
Speaking of TO Tame a land, Dream theater covered it on their new album's bonus disc
21.05.2009 - 01:32
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by [user id=41100] on 20.05.2009 at 22:20

Speaking of TO Tame a land, Dream theater covered it on their new album's bonus disc

Yeah, it's been out for a while. I like it a lot.
02.06.2009 - 22:42
Saitenhexerin
Geez, I'd just came across this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7O50gwAvtQ&feature=player_embedded

A Paul Di'Anno Interview in which he really freaks out about Iron Maiden.
I mean it's ok if they have any personal problems but calling Steve Harris "Hitler" is too much in my ears. (the argument is at 6:30 approx.!)
I am quite disappointed by him, to be honest...

so far,
----
03.06.2009 - 02:25
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Saitenhexerin on 02.06.2009 at 22:42

I mean it's ok if they have any personal problems but calling Steve Harris "Hitler" is too much in my ears. (the argument is at 6:30 approx.!)

so far,

You didn't know Paul was a complete and utter dickhead when it comes to Maiden? Welcome to the Iron Maiden Drama Club!

Personally, I can't stand even looking at the guy... but I do enjoy some of his vocals... WITH MAIDEN, btw. Not that other crap he's done since then.
03.06.2009 - 19:36
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 03.06.2009 at 02:25

Written by Saitenhexerin on 02.06.2009 at 22:42

so far,

You didn't know Paul was a complete and utter dickhead when it comes to Maiden? Welcome to the Iron Maiden Drama Club!

Personally, I can't stand even looking at the guy... but I do enjoy some of his vocals... WITH MAIDEN, btw. Not that other crap he's done since then.

DiAnno is like a wannabe Axl Rose lol, he's a dick when it comes to Maiden(Axl is a dick towards the classic GnR lineup), they are both great vocalists who try to re-capture the fame and fortune of their golden years, and both wear rapper clothes
03.06.2009 - 20:39
Saitenhexerin
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 03.06.2009 at 02:25

Actually I did not expect him to be so, to be honest.
I mean I knew that they weren't best friends anymore, but I think it's sad that way. For me they are just great musicians and for me it feels like Paul envies Iron Maiden, although he do not want to accept this...

I thought it's over for almost 30 years, man!^^
----
03.06.2009 - 22:09
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 03.06.2009 at 19:36

DiAnno is like a wannabe Axl Rose lol, he's a dick when it comes to Maiden(Axl is a dick towards the classic GnR lineup), they are both great vocalists who try to re-capture the fame and fortune of their golden years, and both wear rapper clothes

Yeah, the clothes annoy me too. Ugh...

Written by Saitenhexerin on 03.06.2009 at 20:39

for me it feels like Paul envies Iron Maiden, although he do not want to accept this...

Yeah, I have a Maiden TRIBUTE album, and Paul does like half of the songs. It's obvious that he envies them. I mean, he possibly could have been sharing their fame and fortune...

One of my favorite things that Paul does though is the "OW! OW!" and "OoooooooYEAH!" stuff. It sounds so funny, but is so raw at the same time. >:[
04.06.2009 - 10:31
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I just watched half of the Flight 666 documentary, and I have been so touched throughout these 50 minutes, that it's hard to describe. Maybe, I just happy about them, I don't, but I've got a weird feeling. Well, it's doc so far, so check it out.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
06.06.2009 - 09:41
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 03.06.2009 at 22:09

for me it feels like Paul envies Iron Maiden, although he do not want to accept this...

Yeah, I have a Maiden TRIBUTE album, and Paul does like half of the songs. It's obvious that he envies them. I mean, he possibly could have been sharing their fame and fortune...

One of my favorite things that Paul does though is the "OW! OW!" and "OoooooooYEAH!" stuff. It sounds so funny, but is so raw at the same time. >:[

i can understand him feeling frustrated though, i mean, he's bored of touring and stuff and so he leaves the band thinking he'll be better off with some other group(yes that's not his version but it's the version on the Early Days DVD, where everyone agrees on this, so who do you believe?)

...and then suddenly Maiden EXPLODES in 1982, i mean, holy shit, The Number of the Beast must have been a real fucking smash hit back in the day(one of the first covers to feature the Devil, one of the first songs to mention him explicitly, etc) i know i'd have been frustrated..

what i'm really pumped up for is his band's gig with Trooper, a Romanian band who started out as a Maiden tribute group, must be pretty awesome for them, i can only imagine how i'd feel ten years from now playing a Priest/Iced Earth cover show with Tim Owens on vocals..
06.06.2009 - 10:50
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by K✞ulu on 04.06.2009 at 10:31

I just watched half of the Flight 666 documentary, and I have been so touched throughout these 50 minutes, that it's hard to describe. Maybe, I just happy about them, I don't, but I've got a weird feeling. Well, it's doc so far, so check it out.

Sounds like the film really is worth seeing (and buying) I guess!? I'll be checking it out when I get the chance
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
06.06.2009 - 10:52
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Valentin B on 06.06.2009 at 09:41

i can understand him feeling frustrated though, i mean, he's bored of touring and stuff and so he leaves the band thinking he'll be better off with some other group(yes that's not his version but it's the version on the Early Days DVD, where everyone agrees on this, so who do you believe?)

...and then suddenly Maiden EXPLODES in 1982, i mean, holy shit, The Number of the Beast must have been a real fucking smash hit back in the day(one of the first covers to feature the Devil, one of the first songs to mention him explicitly, etc) i know i'd have been frustrated..

what i'm really pumped up for is his band's gig with Trooper, a Romanian band who started out as a Maiden tribute group, must be pretty awesome for them, i can only imagine how i'd feel ten years from now playing a Priest/Iced Earth cover show with Tim Owens on vocals..

Keep in mind the fact that Iron Maiden may not have exploded without Bruce...
----
- George Carlin
06.06.2009 - 11:18
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 06.06.2009 at 10:52

Written by Valentin B on 06.06.2009 at 09:41

Keep in mind the fact that Iron Maiden may not have exploded without Bruce...

yeah i forgot to mention that, i mean Paul is a great vocalist but Bruce is A+, he's one of the greatest vocalists and also one of the greatest frontmen in all Rock and Metal history