Metal Storm logo
Timo Tolkki - Forms New Band

In the latest issue of Finland's Soundi magazine, Stratovarius mainman Timo Tolkki reveals that he has formed a new band called Revolution Renaissance, which is believed to have been the working title of the now apparently aborted new Stratovarius album. The group's debut CD ? which will feature guest appearances by Michael Kiske (vocals; Helloween), Pasi Rantanen (vocals; Thunderstone), Mirka Rantanen (drums; Thunderstone), Pasi Heikkilä (bass; 45 Degree Woman) and Tobias Sammet (vocals; Edguy) ? is tentatively due this summer via Frontiers Records.

Michael Kiske indeed confirmed his participation on this CD saying that the songs and the lyrics are quite good. Michi recorded his lead-vocals for five complete songs, including the title-track "Revolution Renaissance".

Says Tolkki: "The [Revolution Renaissance album] contains more or less "Visions"-style [Stratovarius' acclaimed 1997 release] power metal. It will come out pretty soon, maybe already in June. Michael Kiske, Pasi Rantanen, Mirka Rantanen, Pasi Heikkilä and Tobias Sammet have recorded their parts. But if there are any live performances, the lineup won't be the same. I have been thinking of asking Jens [Johansson, Stratovarius keyboardist] and Lauri [Porra, Stratovarius bassist] to join me for this."

Regarding the band's name, Timo said, "On the album, there's one song with this title, and Frontiers suggested it to be the band's name too. I thought it was good idea."

When asked if he will perform any Stratovarius songs with Revolution Renaissance, Tolkki replied, "Well, what do you think? Of course. I can play my songs with whomever I want."

Source: michaelkiske.net
Band profile: Revolution Renaissance
Posted: 29.03.2008 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 201 users
29.03.2008 - 17:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
sound slike side project not band
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.03.2008 - 17:33
wrathchild

What I find amusing (but not bad at all) is to see Michael Kiske coming back into the metal scene
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
29.03.2008 - 17:48
Warman
Erotic Stains
Tolkki sure is one ugly dude
----
29.03.2008 - 19:22
Geddysciple

Sounds like Avantasia upside down; that was Sammet's project with one or two odd appearances by Timo, and a bonus visit from Kiske. Now we get Tolkki doing a side project with bonus Kiske and Sammet.
29.03.2008 - 19:30
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Warman on 29.03.2008 at 17:48

Tolkki sure is one ugly dude

Damn, I clicked on this thread by accident and had to try my very best not to make some insulting statement, and then I read this. Someone else already did it! Yey!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
29.03.2008 - 20:13
Typhonium
Account deleted
Interesting..."visions style Stratovarius"....Hmm considering he said the new Stratovarius album R....R... was going to be "Visions style Stratovarius", any bets that its Exactly that, the Stratovarius album just without Kotipelto.

Funny since he says Live he might get Jens and Lauri. Sounds like he's gotten into some conflicts with Jorg and Kotipelto and isn't working with them.
29.03.2008 - 23:46
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by wrathchild on 29.03.2008 at 17:33

What I find amusing (but not bad at all) is to see Michael Kiske coming back into the metal scene

agreed !

And it all reminds me of the fantastic Stratovarius drama (remember, all the Kotipelto in-out / Tolkki gone nuts / female vocalist stuff back in 2004)
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
30.03.2008 - 05:36
Stratowarrior

i'm in a cross road cos i my favourite band is stratovarius and my favourite guitar player is timo tolkki...but i'm a little bit sad cos he's putting stratovarius behind...like forgetting it and kotipelto and jorg are like the skeleton of stratovarius. 50% happy 50 % sad
----
power metal 'til death!!!!!!!!!
30.03.2008 - 05:43
Stratowarrior

it also makes me think that there will be no more stratovarius in the future....hopefully i'm wrong
----
power metal 'til death!!!!!!!!!
30.03.2008 - 10:43
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Stratowarrior on 30.03.2008 at 05:43

it also makes me think that there will be no more stratovarius in the future....hopefully i'm wrong

Did they not have a kind of sour break-up? I dont keep up on this Stratovarius news so I'm not 100% sure....
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
30.03.2008 - 14:19
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Is he again on his 'psycho' problems ? Im wondering what is goin on with Stratovarius and their new album...

But sure it's quite good, he seems very productvie, Saana, Revolution Renaissance, hopefuly Stratovarius soon..
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
30.03.2008 - 17:52
iaberis
Advice Troll
Seems good...
----
Bitch! Please
30.03.2008 - 21:58
GT
Coffee!!
This man is SO ugly...but hope the band's good
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
30.03.2008 - 22:21
Jay
Perkele
...so are the songs on this album those songs that would have been on the new Stratovarius album?

Maybe he composed these songs originally for Stratovarius but is arguing with Kotipelto (again) and decided to use guest singers...
----
This one goes to 11
31.03.2008 - 08:10
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
LOOOOOOL most power metal name ever.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
03.04.2008 - 00:35
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Timo is the greatest guy !
03.04.2008 - 11:57
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
hm...so he is just done with Saana so he has to create another side project immediately
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

Hits total: 5489 | This month: 3