Metal Storm logo
Dreams

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 18.06.2006 - 00:47
Dreams...do you believe in them? what do they mean to you....what was the nicest and the most horrible dream you've ever had...what was your last night's dream...and, in fact what are dreams? these are the questions i would like you to answer to in this thread...I, for one, believe that dreams are just bullcrap; my guess is that they are just representations of the most intense feelings and events that happened to a person during a day, or a certain period of time, that come out at night....so, i'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have to say about this...
29.08.2007 - 11:43
Erosive Offals
Account deleted
I think dreams are half bullshit and half meaningful. The half bullshit part is just stuff that's in the back of your mind or fantasies or whatever, and the meaningful part is stuff that's kinda symbolic, I dunno. I usually have happy dreams involving my friends. However, I've also had ones that were truly enigmatic, ones that made me question the way I look at waking life. Dreams like that are awesome, they're the reason I sleep.
29.08.2007 - 12:44
darksun
I also find them as bullshits.Trying to survive and to be happy in a fake world sounds reaaly stupid.I prefer suffering in the real life cuz it has an end.As sson as you dream thing you can hardly reach it only brings you more pain.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
02.10.2007 - 03:41
Hyvaarin
Hahaha, just had the best dream ever. It was like an MS convention, with pretty much everyone sitting around talking. Ilham was short haha.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
02.10.2007 - 03:58
Bulus
in this meaningless life?? i prefer dream
02.10.2007 - 15:57
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Hyvaarin on 02.10.2007 at 03:41

Hahaha, just had the best dream ever. It was like an MS convention, with pretty much everyone sitting around talking. Ilham was short haha.

hahahaaa!! that's so awesome!!
03.10.2007 - 04:29
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yeah, I must concur
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
03.10.2007 - 04:49
Sunioj
Ive had some pretty mad dreams. And it might seem weird to some, but I actually enjoy gorey and nightmarish dreams. My dad does too. We aren't nutcases or anything, its just that we don't see anything realistic about our dreams and we just think its funny how our mind floats away during sleep. I have been touched by dreams a few times, especially during times of sorrow, or when that dream can be interpreted symbolically through differrent areas of my life.

I have woke up from dreams completely paralyzed, I couldn't breath or move let alone speak out of terror. And of course, if this applies to the topic, Ive had endless amounts of dejavus even until now. Some of them seem so real, and the beauty of a dejavu is the feeling you get when you suddenly are aware of that dejavu as if you were launched back into that dream you may/may not have had. It amazes me though, because it feels like each dejavu is leading up to one another in a pattern.

Just my thoughts.
03.10.2007 - 13:28
beaNN
Account deleted
I love some of the dreams I have, not as intense as Hellraizer above but I really enjoy all of them.
03.10.2007 - 13:30
Valentin B
Iconoclast

sorry i forgot to ask this, but was K7 there? how did he look like? and was his english as fucked up as on the forum?
03.10.2007 - 13:34
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Sunioj on 03.10.2007 at 04:49

Ive had endless amounts of dejavus even until now. Some of them seem so real, and the beauty of a dejavu is the feeling you get when you suddenly are aware of that dejavu as if you were launched back into that dream you may/may not have had. It amazes me though, because it feels like each dejavu is leading up to one another in a pattern.

yeah man it's amazing, too bad i only notice the deja vu only until after i witnessed it. it's not actually predicting, it's like "oh yeah i forgot, this was supposed to happen!"

there's just so many deja vu's i had and can't remember when i dreamt them, that sometimes i think that i'm just reliving my life, and i'm just remembering those moments.... :-/
04.10.2007 - 03:28
Hyvaarin
Written by Valentin B on 03.10.2007 at 13:30

sorry i forgot to ask this, but was K7 there? how did he look like? and was his english as fucked up as on the forum?

He was there (someone told me), but I didn't see or speak to him.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
04.10.2007 - 04:05
Ellie
Account deleted
I always listen to my dreams. I think we connect with people in our dreams. I try to pay as much attention to them as I can.
04.10.2007 - 22:39
Sunioj
Written by Valentin B on 03.10.2007 at 13:34

Written by Sunioj on 03.10.2007 at 04:49

Ive had endless amounts of dejavus even until now. Some of them seem so real, and the beauty of a dejavu is the feeling you get when you suddenly are aware of that dejavu as if you were launched back into that dream you may/may not have had. It amazes me though, because it feels like each dejavu is leading up to one another in a pattern.

yeah man it's amazing, too bad i only notice the deja vu only until after i witnessed it. it's not actually predicting, it's like "oh yeah i forgot, this was supposed to happen!"

there's just so many deja vu's i had and can't remember when i dreamt them, that sometimes i think that i'm just reliving my life, and i'm just remembering those moments.... :-/

Yeah, its definetly a vague area, I will add that I get a sort of euphoria after experienceg a deja vu. And most of them are pretty vivid. I remember some of my deja vus like it was yesterday.
05.10.2007 - 04:52
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I usually don't rmember what I dream... Unless it's wet dreams lol. I don't have many of those though.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
05.10.2007 - 07:10
selken
Irreligious
Its not new saying that most dreams represent your fears, fantasies and lifestyle. I have dreams about my fav games very often, dreams about doom, about quake, even about Need for speed, both like if I were playing and like if I were actually there, they are pretty unharmful and funny, but I dream ocassionaly (maybe every 3 or 4 months) about one of my fam relative being killed or is dead at the beginning of the dream, I have also dreamed about being a metal star!!! \m/, but I think that dreams DOES NOT have any meaning, nor any influence in your real life (besides of being scared or angry).
----
05.10.2007 - 19:27
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by selken on 05.10.2007 at 07:10

Its not new saying that most dreams represent your fears, fantasies and lifestyle. I have dreams about my fav games very often, dreams about doom, about quake, even about Need for speed, both like if I were playing and like if I were actually there, they are pretty unharmful and funny.

Damn, I envy you... I'd like to dream about Warcraft III, and the GTA saga!
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
05.10.2007 - 23:15
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite

----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
29.11.2007 - 17:34
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
I had a weird dream,, there was a weird stage and some musicians, and the finale was Tarja holding a guitar and singing,, and it was done, the organizer came out and said that Tarja would be added to next year's festival, so she started smiling, but then he stopped , and had a little chat with someone else, and came back and said that due to the fact that something was not right tonight, he'll have to take her off of the festival's lineup, and also because Nightwish confirmed for the festival and he does not want them to pull out! well she started tearing, then went to unplug the guitar, and said "it is not my fault that you volt converter messed up my guitar!"

I thought it was bizarre .. and in the dream I was siding with her,, yeah not her fault
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
29.11.2007 - 18:00
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
@Bararey: you really have to stop going to concerts for a while. loooooool

me, I always for some reason have this same dream...:

I have a date with my girlfriend (my ex-girlfriend for that matter) and I'm like 15 minutes late so I decide to take a shortcut and for some reason the shortcuts has rooftops in it and I start jumping from one building to another (sumthing like Spiderman), but in the last building my leg slips and I start falling and just before I hit the ground I wake up afraid as hell

I HATE THIS DREAM but it keeps haunting me....

I asked a therapist about this and he said maybe coz your mind is trying to tell you that you could have been better with your ex but your too late

MAYBE
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
29.11.2007 - 19:17
Lord TJ
I can't really remember terrible dreams or happiest dreams, yea sure I had them but I do not remember them. I remember having a dream that involved Knuckles from Sonic hiding in the back of my elementary school in a garden of Edon or something.

I have a friend who beleives the brain dreams so it keeps on thinking about something because if you stop thinking you die. Makes sense though but im not entirely sure.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
29.11.2007 - 22:03
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Lord TJ on 29.11.2007 at 19:17

I have a friend who beleives the brain dreams so it keeps on thinking about something because if you stop thinking you die. Makes sense though but im not entirely sure.

well technically it's kind of like that. you can have a heart attack, the heart would stop, and you can still have thoughts and stuff inside your brain, using the little blood and nutrients/whatever you have left for about a few minutes before either your heart is going back on line or you're dead. so basically the brain NEVER stops working, it even works for a bit after your heart's stopped for good. but on the other hand, the heart muscle can't function without that component in the brain that triggers automatisms like breathing or coughing so the brain is the winner lol

@all the deja vu guys: how many do you estimate you have had up to this day? i think i've had well over 200 deja vu's.
30.11.2007 - 05:07
Oracle
Orcinus
I had the Craziest Dream last night. It was about me trying to Free a killer whale and i was swimming in the water and i was drowning and then it saved me. I dont even remember if i got to free it or it lol. apparently i was talking in my sleep as well. im a freak when its hot coz i had odd dreams and i see things just as im waking up or i talk in my sleep.
30.11.2007 - 06:08
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 29.11.2007 at 22:03

@all the deja vu guys: how many do you estimate you have had up to this day? i think i've had well over 200 deja vu's.

I'd say that I've had about the same amount as you in my life, so far.

It feels like you're the only one who has them when it does happen

Also, I sometimes 'spin out' and have to rest when they occur, it really is scary.
06.11.2008 - 18:39
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Well my most terrifying dream, I was driving my car and suddenly the sky turned into a bright light, and i was suddenly carried out of my car into the sky and i looked down and my body was lying still in the car, it was like i died and my soul was flying towards the sky , i woke up swaeting and i was so afriad. and every few weeks i dream that i'm awake and i'm pinned down to my bed by somthing and i can't move i hate those dreams:maniac:
06.11.2008 - 20:00
Kasper
I often have dreams about zombies... Sometimes they're pretty cool - I'm the last survivor having good fun messing with brainless zombies, hungering for my tasty red blood, and meat. But once in a while they're just so damn scary that I wake up in a totally dark bedroom, I can feel all the sweat and my heart beating like it has never done before. Everytime I have a nice dream, I always have something I really want, - but lets face it, that doesn't happen all to often. I mainly have like horror dreams, maybe it's because I watch too many horrors? I do think that things you really enjoy, or something you really hate, can often be present in dreams.

But besides that, I think dreaming is very nice, always expecting a nice dream when I'm going to sleep. I don't know if anyone else have noticed, but when you dream, you feel more rested than if you don't have a dream?

I believe that dreaming is just entertainment for the night, I mean, what else could it purpose?
----
"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded"
06.11.2008 - 20:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Man, i just remembered, sometimes i used to dream i either could float in the air or had a magic floating ball that i could sit on and it would still float with me on it but then i wake up and realize my life is pathetic as is LOL
06.11.2008 - 21:24
_TormentoR_
Account deleted
I don't dream very often, sometimes I don't remember my dreams until the next day or even days after. What is interesting is that I had one dream that repeated three times so far.
What I wanna know is have you ever had lucid dreams ?
06.11.2008 - 22:36
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
When life fuckin sucks...Dreams are an amazing blessing, particulary when you learn to control 'em...
Good night folks
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
08.11.2008 - 11:49
RockeRoy
I dreamt i was fucking britany murphy last night;) and i watched sin city befor i went to bed!
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
09.11.2008 - 00:56
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
I love my dreams, but I hate it when something really awesome id about to happen and your alarm goes off and its like GRRR why????

The worst dream I had was when I dreamt that I was waiting for my dad to pick me up, but he never came so I went for a walk to see if I could bump into him and I saw this huge car crash and my dad was in the middle of it all squished and dead...I woke up sobbing, it was that bad...

I had this recurring dream when I was younger about 4-5, and there was a big party in this barn, and everyone was having a good time, so I join them but when I enter, everyone turns blue and have shapr teeth and they grab me and start eating me, I would wake up and throw up, it was terrible...
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'