Metal Storm logo
Dreams

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 18.06.2006 - 00:47
Dreams...do you believe in them? what do they mean to you....what was the nicest and the most horrible dream you've ever had...what was your last night's dream...and, in fact what are dreams? these are the questions i would like you to answer to in this thread...I, for one, believe that dreams are just bullcrap; my guess is that they are just representations of the most intense feelings and events that happened to a person during a day, or a certain period of time, that come out at night....so, i'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have to say about this...
17.05.2009 - 04:55
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
Written by tulkas on 17.05.2009 at 03:04

I was having this really weird dream but my mom called me on my cell phone and woke me up. it was strange because it started with me being me, having lunch with 2 other friends but then we started like opening graves or something, but they weren't in cementeries, more like tombs on monuments, so we got caught, and were taken to some sort of yard and were held 'prisoners', but for some reason, me and another dude escaped and started running and running, being chased, and somehow me and him stopped being... us, you know, humans, and were more like squirrels or something, and so we kept running, trying not to be caught all through this big huge house, and like the owner or something and his 'servant' chasing us while we evaded them and breaking stuff from the house.
anyway, it was like this huge chase until they caught us and they were gonna use us in some sort of play but i started doing something to escape again, and it was then that my mom called. damn!

Okay, the graveyard could be indicating past life stuff (it happens and the burial techniques of burrying in a hillside are sorta "really damn old").

There's also a deal to do with how the chase scene started and what it carried through. I take it most of this dream's "cast" is based aroudn 2 people you trust a bunch or have atleast known for a while?

Personally this just sounds like you somehow got caught up in thinking about you're connections with other people and who you associate with. Friends and mom both showed up and also going from prison to a prison break to a (Seemingly) long chase throuogh a bunch of stuff to have mom call at the end. Seems like you got a few good people around you.
----
17.05.2009 - 05:07
tulkas
el parcero
I don't know about the 2 people i trust a lot and know for so long... but maybe. i mean, it was those kind of people that in your dream you seem to know perfectly and everything but when you wake up you realize you have no idea who they were. that happens a lot to me, actually.
anyway, it could be anything, so i won't worry much about this dream, 'cause it was kinda cool with the chase and everything and it wasn't mind-fucking like most of the dreams i have, which is the best part
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
17.05.2009 - 05:46
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
Okay cool, which also means you're leveling down on the other stuff going on then too I'd imagine?
----
17.05.2009 - 06:13
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Ph0eNiX on 17.05.2009 at 05:46

Okay cool, which also means you're leveling down on the other stuff going on then too I'd imagine?

neh, just letting the dream as something cool i dreamed and nothing else, thanking it wasn't a mind-fucker like most of them, but not relating it at all with what may be going on in my life
----
17.05.2009 - 09:12
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Ph0eNiX on 17.05.2009 at 04:39

psychic sleep

what do you call psychic sleep?
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
17.05.2009 - 11:18
Kasper
Written by Deadmeat on 16.05.2009 at 15:33

but hold on... this must be surely a lie... and look why: the guy was sleeping and he woke up in the hospital. this means that someone was close to him (doubt 1), woke up or was... watching him (doubt 2), checked if he is breathing (DDOOUUBBTT 3!!), and managed to pick him in the nearest hospital before he "totaly" died (4). could this ever happen???

Hehe, you're right. I don't think the chances are that high.

But you know, ALOT of weird things happens around the world, more than I myself can imagine. So there could be someone who tried it xD
----
"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded"
17.05.2009 - 11:20
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Kasper on 17.05.2009 at 11:18

Written by Deadmeat on 16.05.2009 at 15:33

but hold on... this must be surely a lie... and look why: the guy was sleeping and he woke up in the hospital. this means that someone was close to him (doubt 1), woke up or was... watching him (doubt 2), checked if he is breathing (DDOOUUBBTT 3!!), and managed to pick him in the nearest hospital before he "totaly" died (4). could this ever happen???

Hehe, you're right. I don't think the chances are that high.

But you know, ALOT of weird things happens around the world, more than I myself can imagine. So there could be someone who tried it xD

----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
18.05.2009 - 07:36
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
Written by Deadmeat on 17.05.2009 at 09:12

psychic sleep

Well anything to do with premonitions, seeing stuff that happens later , opening gateways in dreams to go into astral projection, stuff like talking to a being that tells you something that turns out to be true, being in a surreal dreamstate that's beyond the normal feel of dreaming... Stuff like that is psychic sleep.

In essence it's prettymuch displaying a psychic ability in a dream state.
----
18.05.2009 - 09:06
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Ph0eNiX on 18.05.2009 at 07:36

Written by Deadmeat on 17.05.2009 at 09:12

psychic sleep

Well anything to do with premonitions, seeing stuff that happens later , opening gateways in dreams to go into astral projection, stuff like talking to a being that tells you something that turns out to be true, being in a surreal dreamstate that's beyond the normal feel of dreaming... Stuff like that is psychic sleep.

In essence it's prettymuch displaying a psychic ability in a dream state.

the point is: does this what you said exist??? and i mean if ir exists normally for some people or if it is luck.
----
18.05.2009 - 20:34
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
It's not luck and it does exist. I know that lucid dreaming is a big help in doing the psychic sleep thing. We're all capable of doign it , but the level at which we are capable of doing it is all based around your personal capabilities.
----
18.05.2009 - 22:30
tulkas
el parcero
I've had that happen to me a couple of time. dreaming something and then had it happen in real life. it was actually scary, or at least not very nice at all. and, i also got back to my not-so-nice also mind-fuckin' dreams. nothing really bad, but i just hate them, 'cause my ex is in them. but i guess none can overpass the time i dreamed that she had died. that one really freaked me out! i actually got up pretty scared
----
19.05.2009 - 10:29
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by tulkas on 18.05.2009 at 22:30

I've had that happen to me a couple of time. dreaming something and then had it happen in real life. it was actually scary, or at least not very nice at all. and, i also got back to my not-so-nice also mind-fuckin' dreams. nothing really bad, but i just hate them, 'cause my ex is in them. but i guess none can overpass the time i dreamed that she had died. that one really freaked me out! i actually got up pretty scared

i've seen myself passing the exams (2 days before it happened) and my friend's wallet to be stolen (it happened 5-6 days latter). but you know something??? in our sleep we see our fears or things we love etc. generally we see things that we have on our mind. i had the exams on my mind. also about my friend, she had the last 3 months 2-3 time again her wallet stolen. so i remebered it a lot. IMO all these occasions are luckily incidents of subsconcius thought.

the point is, has anyone ever seen something that couldn't ever imagine???? and then to see it live the next day???? not after 2 months...
----
19.05.2009 - 21:42
tulkas
el parcero
Yeah, you're right on that, we mostly dream about things that happened that kinda got stuck on our minds, so because we can't get them out they become part of our dreams. and mostly on my dreams, i do see a lot of the things that love (people or, just one person, actually), and i do have a lot of my fear on them 'cause i dream a lot about heights and i hate heights. i constantly dream of me jumping high like on a bike, for example, and then feeling the vertigo of going down. it's really scary, most of the times
----
19.05.2009 - 23:52
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by tulkas on 19.05.2009 at 21:42

Yeah, you're right on that, we mostly dream about things that happened that kinda got stuck on our minds, so because we can't get them out they become part of our dreams. and mostly on my dreams, i do see a lot of the things that love (people or, just one person, actually), and i do have a lot of my fear on them 'cause i dream a lot about heights and i hate heights. i constantly dream of me jumping high like on a bike, for example, and then feeling the vertigo of going down. it's really scary, most of the times

fuck fuck fuck.... i hate hights too!!! but i doon't see it in my sleep... and i am really happy about that!!!!
----
20.05.2009 - 03:36
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
Tulkas has a good point there.
I had a dream like that lastnight. Nothing crazy just a streaming cast of people I had to cut off due to meddling.

But yes, it's possible to have dreams about something that then shows up at you. I don't think it's entirely subconscious but I do believe the entire self is a part of that kind of thing happening. That's the basic idea there. I've had different versions of that happening myself. I'm not going to go into the details but it was dreams I had whenI Was younger that came thru in reading material I found when I was older. So I hear ya and I get ya.
----
20.05.2009 - 09:17
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Ph0eNiX on 20.05.2009 at 03:36

Tulkas has a good point there.
I had a dream like that lastnight. Nothing crazy just a streaming cast of people I had to cut off due to meddling.

But yes, it's possible to have dreams about something that then shows up at you. I don't think it's entirely subconscious but I do believe the entire self is a part of that kind of thing happening. That's the basic idea there. I've had different versions of that happening myself. I'm not going to go into the details but it was dreams I had whenI Was younger that came thru in reading material I found when I was older. So I hear ya and I get ya.

dreams are created between subconcius and unconscius... just to mention it...
----
20.05.2009 - 09:19
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
Granted but those are facest of the self that manifest in the control center of the soul/body interphase. Mostly dreams are like car exhaust but sometimes they canbe more than that.
----
20.05.2009 - 09:41
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Ph0eNiX on 20.05.2009 at 09:19

Granted but those are facest of the self that manifest in the control center of the soul/body interphase. Mostly dreams are like car exhaust but sometimes they canbe more than that.

sorry, i didn't understand what you mean? could you rephrase it?
----
20.05.2009 - 09:46
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
Okay, I think the mind is the point where the soul & the body connect. What you said about the conscious and the subconscious I agree with. I also think dreams are a lot like car exhaust. Dreams are a way of the mind passing things through you. I will also say that sometimes they canbe more than just the subconscious and the conscious mind. I thinkthey can also be extensions of the soul as well.
----
20.05.2009 - 10:26
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Ph0eNiX on 20.05.2009 at 09:46

Okay, I think the mind is the point where the soul & the body connect. What you said about the conscious and the subconscious I agree with. I also think dreams are a lot like car exhaust. Dreams are a way of the mind passing things through you. I will also say that sometimes they canbe more than just the subconscious and the conscious mind. I thinkthey can also be extensions of the soul as well.

yeah you can say that only if you are sure that "Soul" exists. and it is really hard to be objective with that...
----
21.05.2009 - 05:20
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
True, I'm sure it does but on the other side of it all that's the scientific method for you.
----
24.06.2009 - 00:29
Ereinion
Account deleted
Had a dream some time ago that I was planting a dead spot in the forest with trees and later on watched how they grow to magnificent hight.Pretty strange if you ask me...

Lately I have been also rehearsing for my exames in my dreams.....this is even stranger...
06.07.2009 - 17:03
Graveheart
Last night I was ice fishing with two Spanish guys and a German shepherd. It wasn't on a frozen lake though, the place looked more like an icy canyon than anything else. At this point I don't even know if I was there or if I was just watching everything happen, because the other guys didn't seem to take any notice of me and we didn't speak to each other at all. I don't remember if I ever even paid attention to how cold it was out there. The Spanish guys kept talking to each other all the time and ended up arguing about something. They both got very angry and one of them yelled loudly at the other one, but then the argument was interrupted by this weird thunder-like rumble coming from somewhere very high and far away. Then we noticed a crack starting to form in the top of one of the huge vertical ice walls around us and moving down towards the ground level. When the crack reached the ground level, water started to flood through it and the whole canyon was about to fall apart.

At this point I'm sure I was actually there instead of just my point of view, because the guys dashed into a cave and I followed them as fast as I could. We never saw the German shepherd again. I don't know why I even dreamt of the dog in the first place since his only function was to disappear before the rest of us made it to the cave. Inside the cave there were these weird thick icicles everywhere. One of the guys touched one and immediately turned light blue and froze in his tracks. Two seconds later the same thing happened to the other one, because he also touched an icicle before he saw what would happen if he did. I noticed there was a crack in the wall and a tunnel on the other side so I kicked the wall, but I guess there was one of those icicles hidden inside the wall because I froze in my tracks too. The water rushed in and I couldn't do anything but stare at the hole I had just opened in the wall and the water that flowed over me into the tunnel.

Then something strange happened: hundreds of years passed in ten seconds, during which I watched the whole place shift shape in fast-motion. The water drained away but I still couldn't move. The hole in the wall widened and the tunnel ahead of me had turned into a museum and there was a group of school children and an adult woman with them, probably their teacher or a museum guide. They looked back at me as the woman told them a story of how these frozen corpses used to be ice fishermen some hundreds of years ago and this is how they turned up. I tried to move and succeeded, I somehow swam through the hole as if the air was water again. The kids looked scared as they saw me slowly moving towards them with my feet above the ground, and whenever I made faces at them they screamed and ran away. I ended up chasing them like that around the whole museum just for my personal amusement. I couldn't catch anyone before I woke up.
06.07.2009 - 20:59
tulkas
el parcero
@graveheart: wow, that's one strange dream you had there. But it sounds cool, specially the part of seeing everything going by really fast, and then noticing you were part of a museum showcase I don't know if anything could be interpreted from that dream, maybe it just was your imagination's recreation after something you had watched about some similar thing Still, cool dream.
----
06.07.2009 - 22:43
Graveheart
Yeah, I wonder how I managed to make that connection, because it's been quite a while since the last time I went to a museum and I've never even planned on ice fishing. And why the two guys were Spanish and why the dog was a German shepherd, no idea. The strangest thing is that at one point it almost seemed like a nightmare (I mean the cave was pretty scary, you know... like one of those trap rooms in the Saw movies) but it didn't end only until it turned into a fun dream. You should have seen the looks on those kids' faces.
11.07.2009 - 10:06
tulkas
el parcero
I had a really weird dream last night. I don't remember how it began or anything, but I was on some sort of place or planet that was ruled by orcs/monsters/aliens/whatever, and me and a lot of other humans were trying to escape or something. We being held prisoners on this planet I think, and we were running away through dark tunnels on the rock mountains, and running everywhere trying to run away. And at some moment a group of us arrived to some sort of ground level and there was like a spaceship or something, and there were even more humans there. And I tried to escape, but one of this creatures caught me and then started to drag me somewhere where there were more humans, but seemed free. And here is where my dream gets strange, 'cause as he was dragging me through this place that seemed like some sort of market, I saw this cute hot girl, and then the thing that was dragging me was no longer there. So I went up to her, we talked and kissed (?), and... I don't know, like my whole dreamed changed in some way. I mean, I was still in the same planet or whatever, but the creatures were gone. Really weird, though fun. That whole getting away and running was cool. Scary, I recall, but cool. Anyway, I woke up in a very WTF kinda way, haha.
----
11.07.2009 - 14:38
Graveheart
Haha, personally I love it when the dream twists into an unexpected direction especially if it's started off like some sort of an adventure dream. The WTF moment is priceless.

Last night I had one of those dreams that fooled me into believing in stupid things even for a while after waking up. In it I was outside somewhere and I saw this strange looking black cat. It wasn't a kitten but it was very tiny. I took some pictures of it with my digital camera before it disappeared and I ended up looking for it in my apartment for some reason. Then I woke up, thinking I totally lost the cat and now I'm never going to find it, until I rejoiced when I remembered taking those pictures of it, so I can maybe show them to other people and ask them if they've seen the cat anywhere. It took me at least a full minute to wear off this delusional half-conscious half-dreaming state and realise I can't look at the pictures I had taken in the dream. I've had a few of those dreams before with the same pattern: I see something interesting (usually it's an animal, once it was a giant vulture outside my window), take pictures of it, wake up disappointed, remember the camera and eventually feel disappointed again. Yet I've never gone as far as actually checking the camera and see if anything's still there.
11.07.2009 - 21:09
tulkas
el parcero
My problem is that sometimes I dream I did something pretty normal, like hanging out with friends, or talking with them or whatever, but sometime later I don't remember if that actually happened or if I dreamed it instead. It's pretty weird. Also, a couple of times when someone wakes me up and I've been dreaming something, when I start waking up I'll start saying out loud stuff related to the dream, so the person that wakes me up is like haha.
----
11.07.2009 - 21:58
Kasper
Lately I've had a lot of scary dreams. I can't remember all of them, I just remember they were very scary - woke up several times cause of shock I got in the dream.

Heres one of them - I wrote it down after I woke up.

It started out nice, a beach party with lots of people. Dancing, girls, sex.. everything. Later it moved into this HUGE house with a LOT of small rooms and hallways. The party continued in a bar room, booze everywhere, empty bottles, and wasted people. The party was going downhill, people left, and we were only a few left - I remember I was together with some of my closest friends at that time. Anyway, we wanted to check out the house, maybe find a cool living room and stay there. While looking together with them, I lost track of time in the dream - felt like that. I was alone, my friends obviously went another way or something. Only then I noticed how different the house looked - like a hundred years have passed. I tried to shout for my friends - without luck though. The atmosphere in the dream was very uncomfortable at the time. I came into the this kind of bedroom which seemd to be placed in the middle of two rooms, so you had to go past the bedroom to get into the other room, which led me to a livingroom with furniture covered with white sheets like you see in horrors movies etc. Really, at that time it was very scary - not that anything scary has happened - just the whole thing was not cool.

Suddenly I see a pair of eyes through the window in the livingroom - red eyes
They disappear fast - followed with an eerie howl. Running for my life in a total shock I get into another room, and see a figure in a mirror - reflecting the figure which were in the window. It looked like an old woman with very worn clothes wearing a hood over her head. I could literally feel the chill down my spine, even if I were dreaming.
Then she made that eerie howl again just like a wolf at midnight, and moved swiftly away again. I ran back to find all the wasted people - but they were gone.

I couldn't find the exit, I tried to continue looking in other hallways. But this time there were windows in one side of the hallway.
I ran down the hallway and noticed that she was following me outside a bit away. Then the hallway turned to one side, I continued to follow it. Suddenly I hear a window breaking - it was fucking her... she howled immediately - it was so loud, felt like she was right next to me. The hallway lasted forever. I looked back - and there she was right where the hallway turned.
I tried to run like I've never run before, but it was like something was dragging my legs down into the ground - I just couldn't run. In all of a sudden, I then see my friends barricaded behind a door. Imagine a door entrance without a door - only some planks of wood hammered on. I managed to get over there and right as I tried to sqeeze through, I could hear the heavy footsteps was near. Only a split second before she would get me I got through.

All was now peaceful for a moment. Until I saw her outside the barricaded window. She then began to run around the house and each time she would stop at the window, looking through it. We then hid in the room. A moment later she stood outside the barricaded door - I went over to look. She wasn't there when I looked, but then one of my friends pushed me through the barricade. I tried to hurry back in - but it was sealed again. And there she was - right in front of me. She then jum... I woke up. Swimming in my own sweat, feeling very very disturbed. It was only 00:20 or something at that time - only slept for 1 hour more or less.
I really, really hate these kind of dreams. They're so disturbing and are stuck on my mind for ages.
----
"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded"
13.07.2009 - 17:24
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I have mostly strange dreams. Usually something bad happens. I wish I had romantic dreams and all that but it seems that my mind drifs to darker places. I'm very creative and imaginative that's why I feel my dreams are so cinematographic in a way.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram