Metal Storm logo
Celtic Frost - Tom Gabriel Fischer Leaves The Band (UPDATED)

A very brief statement was posted on Celtic Frost's website states the following:

"Celtic Frost singer and guitarist Tom Gabriel Fischer has left Celtic Frost due to the irresolvable, severe erosion of the personal basis so urgently required to collaborate within a band so unique, volatile, and ambitious."

UPDATED on 11 April (thanks to SlaytallicA):

Celtic Frost singer and guitarist Tom Gabriel Fischer talks about his departure from the band. Here's his statement:

"I am devastated beyond description, and I am infinitely disappointed. As the one member of Celtic Frost who is exposed most dramatically to the feedback by our audiences and the media, I feel troubled and humiliated about being unable to honor the enormous goodwill extended to Celtic Frost during the past few years and meet the justified expectations of our fans.

I have always seen the Monotheist album as a mere beginning, and a tame one at that. My mind and spirit are full of energy, creativity, and ideas. Celtic Frost had become the unreserved focus of my life for the second time. I was looking forward immeasurably to working on the next Celtic Frost album. To me, it needed to be darker, heavier, and more experimental than Monotheist.

And yet, Celtic Frost consisted of three individuals, and I was only one of them. In the end I had to concede to myself that there was no other option.

My friendship with and respect for Martin Eric Ain remain unaffected. Moreover, I am in the process of assessing my options to eventually complete, record, and release some of the ideas I originally created for Celtic Frost and the planned next album in the course of the past few years, and to take our distinctive music out on the road again.

There is no way back."

Source: celticfrost.com
Band profile: Celtic Frost
Posted: 09.04.2008 by Bararey

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 55   Visited by: 307 users
09.04.2008 - 18:25
Stigma
Account deleted
Wait, what? I wonder what happened.
09.04.2008 - 18:27
Baz Anderson
Staff
what???
I don't think anyone saw this coming...
Celtic Frost isn't Celtic Frost without Tom Warrior - I wonder what will happen now.. and if we will get a better explination soon..
09.04.2008 - 18:28
MetalManic
Boooooourns!
09.04.2008 - 18:32
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by Baz Anderson on 09.04.2008 at 18:27

Celtic Frost isn't Celtic Frost without Tom Warrior

That is exactly what I was thinking. It's like Megadeth without Dave Mustaine. I'm not a big fan of Celtic Frost but this is quite a shock.
09.04.2008 - 18:46
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
strange, cause when you click on Itinerary it still has their four upcoming gigs on it.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.04.2008 - 19:02
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Haha. I like the way they stated that last part.
----
The force will be with you, always.
09.04.2008 - 19:03
Warman
Erotic Stains
NONONONONONONO!!! Please tell me that this was posted April 1!!! PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! He and this band are gods to me!!! No, fuck noooo! Worst news ever during my time here on MS!!!
----
09.04.2008 - 19:06
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Every year.....more and more unexpected shit.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
09.04.2008 - 19:11
Warman
Erotic Stains
I can't let this go!!! I'm so upset!!! This is not the worst news ever during my years here! These are the worst news EVER during my years as a metalhead. Fuck! I was so looking forward to a new album! Why??? Whyyyyy??? I was so looking forward seeing them live again!!!
----
09.04.2008 - 19:24
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
wait, what?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
09.04.2008 - 19:42
SteTech
Didn't see that coming. Glad I got to see them live last year
09.04.2008 - 20:06
AnarChrist
BUMMER
----
oh my fucking god, fucking dinosaurs
09.04.2008 - 20:15
Infurnace
What the hell? This is very strange..
09.04.2008 - 20:19
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
I bet they took his hat
09.04.2008 - 20:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Okay to answer my own question it seems that Celtic Frost will NOT play Roadburn but will be replaced by Enslaved. HELL YEAH. This is a change for the better IMO.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.04.2008 - 21:12
Dark Blood
The Avenger
What the hell?? Just like that, with no specific explanations.. lol so weird..
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
09.04.2008 - 22:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
what wtf all are possessed whit elaving band nowdays
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.04.2008 - 22:07
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
I guess thats the end of Celtic Frost.... again...
09.04.2008 - 22:33
selken
Irreligious
Written by Warman on 09.04.2008 at 19:11

I can't let this go!!! I'm so upset!!! This is not the worst news ever during my years here! These are the worst news EVER during my years as a metalhead. Fuck! I was so looking forward to a new album! Why??? Whyyyyy??? I was so looking forward seeing them live again!!!

Hello....
Written by Warman on 02.04.2008 at 16:10

Bye Strato... I never liked you.

payback xD
just kidding....
anyway I feel shocked too, this was utterly unexpected, I really would liked to hear a new album from these masters. Im not so shocked as you but I left pretty speechless
----
09.04.2008 - 22:59
stygian
well thats a surprise (just to say nothing new....)
09.04.2008 - 23:25
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Strange news. Celtic Frost won't be the same without Tom, ... the end of Celtic Frost's entity.
09.04.2008 - 23:27
kaos666
Tom puts the Celtic in Frost, without him it will just be.....Frost...hmmm.....
10.04.2008 - 00:12
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
FUCK

10.04.2008 - 00:21
ß
Problem?
Very weird... definatley didn't see that coming
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
10.04.2008 - 00:28
diSEMBOWELMENT
Account deleted
i couldn't care less, but this was surprising.
10.04.2008 - 01:34
Stalker
Lone wanderer
What a statement... Well, this is historical news, if nothing...
----
10.04.2008 - 03:17
ItalktotheWind
Wood Troll
Wow.... I am surprised they didn't just disband and call it quits all together. I mean... how the hell are they even going to continue without him??? This doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
----
"A witty saying proves nothing."
-Voltaire
10.04.2008 - 03:23
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
This may be the the beginning of the end for CF.
----
Coldgrits
10.04.2008 - 07:46
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
it could be like a Type O Negative. Peter Steele faked his own death. this could be tom warrior faking his leave from Celtic Frost. huh? huh?
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
10.04.2008 - 12:07
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by ItalktotheWind on 10.04.2008 at 03:17

Wow.... I am surprised they didn't just disband and call it quits all together. I mean... how the hell are they even going to continue without him??? This doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

There is no CF without Fischer! It's like Megadeth without Mustaine, CoB without Laiho, Iron Maiden without Harris, Metallica without Hetfield, Dream Theater without Petrucci/Portnoy, Nightwish without Turunen... oh wait...
My point is, I doubt they'll continue with CF.
R I P
----

Hits total: 9040 | This month: 14