Metal Storm logo
Boldly crossing new barriers?

18.04.2008 - 03:14
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
www.yaledailynews.com/articles/view/24513

I know art is subjective and all, but this is pushing it a bit far, and really holds no artistic merit the more I think about it. By this girl's logic, I could vomit, stick a little umbrella in it, and stick it on display in a gallery. Though, I must admit, I can't wait for a public response from a feminist group.
----
18.04.2008 - 03:17
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Personally, I think it's awesome, due to my morbid tastes, but everyone's a critic, and I won't stop anyone from displaying their disgust towards it.
18.04.2008 - 10:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i honestly hate it when people come up with the stupidest ideas and pass them off as 'art', this way i could cut a potato in half and wohoo!! i'm a genius!!!!!
18.04.2008 - 12:42
Sunioj
Written by Guest on 18.04.2008 at 03:17

Personally, I think it's awesome, due to my morbid tastes, but everyone's a critic, and I won't stop anyone from displaying their disgust towards it.

Exactly, art is subjective, even though person A) doesn't agree with it, doesn't mean that its not art to person B). In a sense, if the art has provoked you then the 'artist' has succeeded. Just how people stereotype metal to be morbid, angsty, and redundant, we see it as something that motivates and inspires us.

But that stuff is not my taste though... that shit is just gross,
18.04.2008 - 14:47
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Sunioj on 18.04.2008 at 12:42

Written by Guest on 18.04.2008 at 03:17

But that stuff is not my taste though... that shit is just gross,

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel. I was gonna say, if she wants to call that art cool, but....what's the purpous it serves. It's fucking disgusitng. *gags*
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
19.04.2008 - 02:59
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
@Arian Totalis: Looks like you messed up on the quoting there, buddy.
20.04.2008 - 10:40
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Guest on 19.04.2008 at 02:59

@Arian Totalis: Looks like you messed up on the quoting there, buddy.

yep lol
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
20.04.2008 - 12:34
Harmonic
Account deleted
This kind of pointless, soulless garbage masquerading as art is offensive in the extreme. It is a slap in the face to real artists with talent and ambition. It is a slap in the face to infertile women who want a child but cannot conceive. It calls into question the worth and purpose of fine arts in academia. It is an abusive violation of the human body. (I am surprised that she was able to find willing male participants to make the donations.) I am stunned that she actually believes her work has enough merit to warrant discussion. This is one of the worst instances of infantile, narcissistic attention-seeking that I have ever encountered. The only thing really worth discussing is her mental health - or lack thereof. Her whole "project" is so grotesque - so unnecessarily macabre - that I am reminded of the fictional exploits of Hannibal Lecter in The Silence of the Lambs.

Honestly, this is the sort of crap that happens when people have no religion/spirituality in their lives. Strand people in a moral vacuum and they will do anything short of criminal activity - apparently just because they can. How sad.
20.04.2008 - 19:45
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.04.2008 at 12:34

Honestly, this is the sort of crap that happens when people have no religion/spirituality in their lives. Strand people in a moral vacuum and they will do anything short of criminal activity - apparently just because they can. How sad.

No, I think the reason why she did it is because her parents never gave her any attention as a child. Either that, or she's fucked up in the head. The lack of religion has nothing to do with it.
20.04.2008 - 21:03
Harmonic
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.04.2008 at 19:45

Written by Guest on 20.04.2008 at 12:34

No, I think the reason why she did it is because her parents never gave her any attention as a child. Either that, or she's fucked up in the head. The lack of religion has nothing to do with it.

I agree that she likely had no parental attention, but this is also the act of a person without a moral compass. No religious/spiritual person would have done this disgraceful thing to themselves.
21.04.2008 - 21:36
metaldazza
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.04.2008 at 21:03

I agree that she likely had no parental attention, but this is also the act of a person without a moral compass. No religious/spiritual person would have done this disgraceful thing to themselves.

Because of course no moral person has ever done anything wrong... oh yeah, morality is subjective just like art. The whole point of her piece was to get people discussing art's relationship to the body... oh and look what's happening we're discussing morality and arts relationship to the body.

The is art is the brit-pop style where the artist is as much part of the art as the work itself. Anything can be art is the underlying point of the movement. They play on the fact that we as a species are happy to spend our time gossiping and placing value on seemingly useless pieces of work. The make money, they laugh at us and we bitch.
22.04.2008 - 05:05
Harmonic
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 21.04.2008 at 21:36

Written by Guest on 20.04.2008 at 21:03

Because of course no moral person has ever done anything wrong... oh yeah, morality is subjective just like art. The whole point of her piece was to get people discussing art's relationship to the body... oh and look what's happening we're discussing morality and arts relationship to the body.

I am well aware of the irony of the situation. And I am playing at the same game with that silly statement of mine.

Written by Guest on 21.04.2008 at 21:36

The is art is the brit-pop style where the artist is as much part of the art as the work itself. Anything can be art is the underlying point of the movement. They play on the fact that we as a species are happy to spend our time gossiping and placing value on seemingly useless pieces of work. The make money, they laugh at us and we bitch.

Ah, that's what Brit-pop means: sustenance for gossips. Don't think of a monkey.
28.04.2008 - 22:45
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Valentin B on 18.04.2008 at 10:56

i honestly hate it when people come up with the stupidest ideas and pass them off as 'art', this way i could cut a potato in half and wohoo!! i'm a genius!!!!!

You took my words my friend.
Subjective or not, this is just too fucked up.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
28.04.2008 - 23:51
Valentin B
Iconoclast

In a sense, if the art has provoked you then the 'artist' has succeeded

well sorry, but the only thing she succeeded in making me do is doubt her mental sanity
29.04.2008 - 01:17
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Valentin B on 28.04.2008 at 23:51

well sorry, but the only thing she succeeded in making me do is doubt her mental sanity

I don't doubt her mental sanity. i'm sure she lost it completely.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
29.04.2008 - 01:17
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
The moral complications of this subject don't bother me, but it really doesn't seem like art. It seems more like some talentless broad starving for attention, who has no true artistic ability. I'm all for morbid art, but it has to be well done.
29.04.2008 - 02:38
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
"Shvarts insists her concept was not designed for "shock value.""

Please!? No shock value? Did she think everyone one would ooh and aah over blood and dead human fetuses?

How about I paint a whole mural with the blood of Darfur orphans? It will be for artistic purposes. I want to bring genocide and art closer together.
----
(space for rent)
29.04.2008 - 17:22
Sunioj
Written by Valentin B on 28.04.2008 at 23:51

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I barely think of her work as something aesthetically pleasing.