Metal Storm logo
Cryptopsy - New Tracks Posted Online

Century Media Records press release:

"The unstoppable Montreal killing machine, Cryptopsy, has wreaked havoc throughout the extreme metal genre for more than a decade, but in 2008 the band has returned stronger than ever. Cryptopsy have ultimately crafted their career defining release, "The Unspoken King", which could quite possibly also be their most brutal, yet dynamic offering. The much anticipated new effort is set for a June 24th release, which perfectly coincides with their participation in this year's crushing Summer Slaughter touring package. This tour features some of the finest acts in the genre today, so click this link for the complete list of bands and touring schedule.

A new widget is now available online, which features the new tracks, "Silence The Tyrants" and "Worship Your Demons." Either click this link or visit the band's revamped MySpace page to check it out.
Cryptopsy recently shot a new video with acclaimed director David Brodsky (Gwar, Soilent Green) for the album's vicious opening cut "Worship Your Demons." The clip captures the band's unrelenting, frenetic stage energy and it is sure to catch your attention. Look for the clip to make its online debut in the coming weeks.

Reinventing and redefining metal's boundaries, Cryptopsy, recognized worldwide for infusing extreme music with awe-inspiring precision, rabidly dynamic rhythms and mouth-foaming viciousness, have earned music fans respect inside and outside the metal community. The band's viperous recordings and punishing live performance have confirmed their place in music's elite.

In 2008, Cryptopsy returns to redefine the boundaries of technical extreme metal with an album that is sure to catch the attention of the entire scene."

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Cryptopsy
Posted: 10.05.2008 by SlaytallicA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 58 users
10.05.2008 - 14:42
deathovertime
Account deleted
What to say about this... it's quite good, but personally I think Lord Worm was better as their vocalist. Just waiting for at least some people to disagree with me now.
10.05.2008 - 16:45
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Quote:
[...] their career defining release, "The Unspoken King", [...]

It's well-known that promotional texts always exaggerate, but that one remark is definitely too much!
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
10.05.2008 - 17:29
Charly546
Written by Promonex on 10.05.2008 at 16:45

Quote:
[...] their career defining release, "The Unspoken King", [...]

It's well-known that promotional texts always exaggerate, but that one remark is definitely too much!

Maybe it defines where their career is going now...
10.05.2008 - 18:16
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Well, at least they're right when they say that this album will catch the attention of the entire scene. In the wrong way, of course...
10.05.2008 - 21:12
DoomGuard
Their most brutal?

Try "The Album That Has Lost Them Most Of Their Old Fans"...The Unspoken King is a joke, it wouldn't surprise me Lord Worm announces the past couples months was all a joke n they killed their new lead singer...who's a loser...

N on that Summer Slaughter tour...when they come on i plan to yell "WHERE THE F%$^ IS LORD WORM?!" after almost every song...haha
12.05.2008 - 09:10
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
"The unstoppable Montreal killing machine, Cryptopsy..."

siting of the first canadian killing machine ever? LOL
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 3306 | This month: 5