Metal Storm logo
Most quotable movie ever

14.05.2008 - 10:30
Valentin B
Iconoclast
which is the most quotable movie ever? ok, aside from Star Wars..

imo it's pootie tang (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0258038/) . people who have seen it will testify. it features some of the most crazy, impossible to understand dialogue ever. Sa da tay!

another one would be Juno, but certainly not in the very least like good old Pootie

EDIT just realized some people might not know what 'quotable' means, so quotable means the fact that you can recreate dialogue and lines from a certain movie, while sounding philosophical, smart, or just plain fuckin' ridiculous.
14.05.2008 - 12:54
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Monty Python and the Holy Grail, hands down. Who has never shouted "Ni! Ni! Ni!" in a moment of frenzy? "Camelot! - Camelot! - Camelot! - It's only a model", and so on. You can read the whole script here.

Also, Pulp Fiction, 300 and The Matrix are highly quotable as well. ("English, motherfucker! Do you speak it?")
14.05.2008 - 16:59
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Taktsekte on 14.05.2008 at 12:54

Also, Pulp Fiction, 300 and The Matrix are highly quotable as well. ("English, motherfucker! Do you speak it?")

well, i guess they do speak English in What...
14.05.2008 - 18:16
Reizenstein
Pulp Fiction is actually a good one. "Nah man, you can say I'm pretty f-cking far from ok..." I love it!
----
Growl
14.05.2008 - 21:27
Stigmatized
Written by Taktsekte on 14.05.2008 at 12:54

Monty Python and the Holy Grail, hands down. Who has never shouted "Ni! Ni! Ni!" in a moment of frenzy? "Camelot! - Camelot! - Camelot! - It's only a model", and so on. You can read the whole script here.

I have to agree with all of those. Also, Forrest Gump is another that is quoted quite often.
14.05.2008 - 22:25
Fhuesc
without a doubt, Terminator 1 and 2, i think, it's even more quotable than Star Wars
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
15.05.2008 - 02:08
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
pulp fiction definately im always quoting that especially this bit - any of you fucking pricks move, and i'll execute ever motherfucking last one of ya!" and "zed's dead baby, zed's dead" lol, and also napoleon dynamite is a favourite amongst friends - "gosh, your such retards" haha
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
15.05.2008 - 04:40
tulkas
el parcero
i agree with forrest gump, very quotable. i love "stupid is what stupid does", or "that's all I have to say about that". also Casablanca, or Ronin.

although one of my favorite quotes is from The Fifth Element when bruce willias says "look lady, i only speak two languages: english and bad english!" haha. that one always makes me laugh.
can't think of others at the moment...
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
15.05.2008 - 15:57
Øyvind
Grave Digger
For me, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. "If the milk turns out to be sour, I ain't the kind of pussy to drink it" and so on. Longer quotes, but still phenomenal. Pulp fiction, one of the best movies ever, very quotable. And "Run, Forrest, run!" and all that. And people, don't mention Monty Python movies, there's enough quotes there for an entire millenium (Every sperm is sacred... )
----
15.05.2008 - 16:28
Hangar XVIII
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

'Kirk, my old friend, do you remember the old Klingon proverb that revenge is a dish best served cold? Well, it is very cold in space.'

'I've done worse than kill you, I've hurt you, and I'm going to keep hurting you.' 'KHAN!'

'I lunge at thee, I stab at thee, from hell's heart I spit my last breath at thee!'

'The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few.' 'Or the one.'

'Isn't how you deal with death as important as how you deal wih life?'

'Flying around the galaxy is a game for the young.' 'And what is that supposed to mean?'

Gah! I remember so many more, but don't feel like typing them.
----
myspace.com/absentchrist
My new black metal project.
15.05.2008 - 22:40
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
The Matrix saga is pretty quotable:
The dialogue between Morpheus and Neo in The Matrx, the one taht starts "Matrix is a system Neo"
The dialogue in teh Merovingian restaurant and teh one between Neo and Smith in reloaded
Neo and The Architect!!! It's hard not to sound smart while saying something like "Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here."
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
29.05.2008 - 05:00
Haightredy
Any of the Evil Dead movies:

"This... is my BOOMSTICK!"
"Shop smart... shop S-Mart."
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."
"Honey, you got real ugly."

And Bruce Cambell is the only person alive that is allowed to say:
"Groovy"
29.05.2008 - 15:12
Hangar XVIII
Written by Haightredy on 29.05.2008 at 05:00

"Groovy"

"Hail to the king baby"
----
myspace.com/absentchrist
My new black metal project.
29.05.2008 - 18:57
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
i love quoting grease as well, like when john travolta goes 'rockin an' rollin' and what not' lol i say that all the time as well as 'are you cruising for a brusin'? ahh tis a great film
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
29.05.2008 - 19:03
Narterath
Not a movie, but South Park is pretty quotable:
"-Whoa, this place is huge! It's even bigger than Cartman's ass!
-No it isn't you guys."

"Screw you guys, I'm going home"

"Respect my authoritah!"

"-Could anyone tell me what sexual harassment is?
-Sexual harassment is when you try to have intercourse with a lady friend and another guy comes and tickles your balls from behind"

"If dolphins are so smart, then why do they live in igloos?!"

And maaaaany more. Cartman kicks ass.
31.05.2008 - 20:57
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by Haightredy on 29.05.2008 at 05:00

"Groovy"

"Army of Darkness" is nothing but one-liners.
----
(space for rent)
31.05.2008 - 22:59
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'd say Napoleon Dynamite. I've never seen the fucking movie, but I feel like I have just by listening to everyone.
01.06.2008 - 10:51
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Dangerboner on 31.05.2008 at 22:59

I'd say Napoleon Dynamite. I've never seen the fucking movie, but I feel like I have just by listening to everyone.

'gosh, you're such retards..'
'pedro offers you his protection.'
01.06.2008 - 11:10
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
The Big Lebowski, of course. There are so many great lines. Basically every one is quotable. A favorite of mine would simply be: "Fuck it."
----
The force will be with you, always.
01.06.2008 - 19:39
Tony Harrison
I have no arms..
"Some of the best jokes are about cripples." El Wray, Planet Terror
----
This is an outrage...
02.06.2008 - 00:16
Zombie, M.D.
Written by Valentin B on 14.05.2008 at 10:30

which is the most quotable movie ever? ok, aside from Star Wars..

imo it's pootie tang (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0258038/) . people who have seen it will testify. it features some of the most crazy, impossible to understand dialogue ever. Sa da tay!

another one would be Juno, but certainly not in the very least like good old Pootie

EDIT just realized some people might not know what 'quotable' means, so quotable means the fact that you can recreate dialogue and lines from a certain movie, while sounding philosophical, smart, or just plain fuckin' ridiculous.

Sippy-tay on the simmy-lay.

....wah-dah-tah....
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
02.06.2008 - 08:16
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
For me, it would probably be Bruce Lee's "Enter the Dragon" when Bruce Lee walks up to Chuck Norris and says "Boards don't hit back." lol
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
07.06.2008 - 00:39
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
that's not Chuck Norris... he IS in Return of the Dragon, however, and fights Bruce in the Colosseum.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
07.06.2008 - 00:45
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Clintagräm on 01.06.2008 at 11:10

The Big Lebowski, of course. There are so many great lines. Basically every one is quotable. A favorite of mine would simply be: "Fuck it."

The Big Lebowski is mighty high on the list.

"Nobody fucks with the Jesus!"

"This is Spinal Tap" is another great one.

Pretty much any Will Ferrell movie (i.e. Anchorman, Old School, etc) is chock full o' quotes.

Monty Python's "The Life of Brian" is awesome for quotes.

"Animal House" - hell, Dee Snider even quotes it in "We're Not Gonna Take It!" and had a couple cast members appear in the Twisted Sister videos for that song (Neidermeyer) and "I Wanna Rock" (Douglas C. Neidermeyer and Flounder)...

Clue has some great quotes in it as well.

But I think Big Lebowski would be it for me. The entire movie is built primarily around dialog rather than action, which is a big factor in why it is so quotable.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
07.06.2008 - 01:26
Damnated
Churchburner
the big lebowski is definitely one of the most quotable movies, but imo pulp fiction is just better for this. lines like 'let's head back, it's not quite time yet' or the dialog about the royal with cheese etcetera made this movie the best for quotes.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
08.06.2008 - 01:08
Remus
Written by Arian Totalis on 02.06.2008 at 08:16

For me, it would probably be Bruce Lee's "Enter the Dragon" when Bruce Lee walks up to Chuck Norris and says "Boards don't hit back." lol

Sorry dude, "Boards don't hit back" IS in fact from Enter the Dragon, but Lee says it to O'Hara (don't know what the guy's real name is). I should know - i own the DVD.

Chuck Norris played in "Way of the Dragon" and fights Lee in the Coloseum.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
08.06.2008 - 21:46
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Remus on 08.06.2008 at 01:08

Sorry dude, "Boards don't hit back" IS in fact from Enter the Dragon, but Lee says it to O'Hara (don't know what the guy's real name is). I should know - i own the DVD.

I own enter the dragon too, but I'm sorry, you are correct that the movie I was thinking of isn't called enter the dragon, and there never was any movie made called "Way of the Dragon," what I'm thinking of is "Return of the Dragon." And that's the one where he fights Chuck Norris, and yes, it's in a coloseum.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
08.06.2008 - 23:51
Remus
Quote:

I own enter the dragon too, but I'm sorry, you are correct that the movie I was thinking of isn't called enter the dragon, and there never was any movie made called "Way of the Dragon," what I'm thinking of is "Return of the Dragon." And that's the one where he fights Chuck Norris, and yes, it's in a coloseum.

Touché!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
08.06.2008 - 23:58
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Arian Totalis on 08.06.2008 at 21:46

Written by Remus on 08.06.2008 at 01:08

Actually Return of the Dragon is the same as Way of the Dragon... :-)

here this is from IMDB

Meng long guo jiang (1972) .... Tang Lung (a.k.a. Dragon)
... aka Fury of the Dragon (Europe: English title)
... aka Maang lung goh kong (Hong Kong: Cantonese title)
... aka Return of the Dragon (USA)
... aka Revenge of the Dragon (USA: cable TV title)
... aka The Way of the Dragon (Hong Kong: English title)
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.06.2008 - 00:31
Remus
^ Aha, i knew i saw "Way of the Dragon" written on the tape!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!