Metal Storm logo
Tired of music?

15.05.2008 - 08:28
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I had experienced a really strange feeling lately, that invades me suddenly. There are whole weeks in which I just don't want to listen to anything, metal and music in general becomes uninteresting for me and what had beem for MANY years one of the truly important aspects of my life loses its whole meaning. At first I tried to fight that feeling, but I see that love for music is progressively leaving me, and there are actually very few times in which I feel that whole pleasure that it used to induct in me. I wouldn't be surprised if 1 year ahead from now I'll not be actually listening to anything... comments? experiences?

I didn't want to open this thread in the General Music forum just becuase I wasn't felt it was the appropiate place, but mods feel free to change it.
15.05.2008 - 08:44
tulkas
el parcero
well, i have a similar feeling sometimes and it's that i don't know what i want to listen to. and go over and over my music library on itunes and simply don't want to listen to anything. it's like, i feel that nothing at that moment satisfyes what i want to listen to. i find everything boring and unfulfilling, and it sucks, i just remain there like and don't know what to do...

it sucks... but it's something that happens occasionally and not so often, which is good. i just hope i don't reach southern winds level... (no harm here intended, man )
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
15.05.2008 - 10:01
Deadgirl
The feeling of not wanting to listen to music only came to me for a period of time recently -- it was last summer. But there was a reason for that which made sense... I'm sure it will come back to you. Sometimes you may just need a break from something, even if that thing is very important to you.
----
Remember that you are mortal.
15.05.2008 - 15:02
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Well, luckilly Im still pretty much addicted to music, sometimes when I got bored or fed up with it, I switch to something unexpected, like from techical DM to some 70es rock, or blues, or anything different that could bring a positive change.
The thing you described there didnt really happen to me so far, and I would like it to stay that way.
I dont know, maybe you dont have much time lately, maybe youve been tired, under pressure, or whatever, so you cant dedicate yourself to music that much?
----
15.05.2008 - 17:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I had same thats why I stop drinkiing alcohol because it was reason of such feelings, now I jist lead simple life whit lil booze , and alone and thats why I still listen music,
Those symthoms are from hard studie, work and tiredness
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.05.2008 - 18:03
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Bad English on 15.05.2008 at 17:57

I had same thats why I stop drinkiing alcohol because it was reason of such feelings, now I jist lead simple life whit lil booze , and alone and thats why I still listen music,

General tiredness is the reason, I agree. You know how normally, when you're tired, you put on some music and chill out? Well, when you're tired for a long period of time, I've found that you lose faith in music being a cure of sorts, and you get sick of it for a while. For example, I used to always have music on while I worked, but I don't do that anymore because I'm too tired when I'm working and the music doesn't alleviate my tiredness. At that stage, it just becomes an annoying distraction.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
15.05.2008 - 18:12
Warman
Erotic Stains
Damn, I really feel sorry for you man. I just couldn't exist without music, at least it feels like that now...
----
15.05.2008 - 18:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Judas on 15.05.2008 at 18:03

General tiredness is the reason, I agree. You know how normally, when you're tired, you put on some music and chill out? Well, when you're tired for a long period of time, I've found that you lose faith in music being a cure of sorts, and you get sick of it for a while. For example, I used to always have music on while I worked, but I don't do that anymore because I'm too tired when I'm working and the music doesn't alleviate my tiredness. At that stage, it just becomes an annoying distraction.

I agree and general tiredness are from work, because people can not work 4/5 hours in day its maximum, other time shood be free, but soem countrie slike LATVAI make us work 16 hours in work, if music, alcohol an dwoman dont helps, next step suicde
----

apos;'
[image]
15.05.2008 - 18:20
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Bad English on 15.05.2008 at 18:15

Written by Judas on 15.05.2008 at 18:03

I agree and general tiredness are from work, because people can not work 4/5 hours in day its maximum, other time shood be free, but soem countrie slike LATVAI make us work 16 hours in work, if music, alcohol an dwoman dont helps, next step suicde

Fortunately for us, alcohol and women ALWAYS help, they will never fail!
----
15.05.2008 - 18:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Judas on 15.05.2008 at 18:20

no if you drink more how 10 years and waste your limit it wont help anymore, belive in me
----

apos;'
[image]
15.05.2008 - 18:27
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Bad English on 15.05.2008 at 18:24

Written by Judas on 15.05.2008 at 18:20

no if you drink more how 10 years and waste your limit it wont help anymore, belive in me

Ahh it's not a question of getting drunk, it's a question of just chilling out with alcohol. Just like you don't come home and bang a woman when you're tired, you get them to give you a massage or something.

Back on topic, I think another reason for being "sick of music" is that you've just overdone everything? I get that sometimes, I'll just be totally sick of metal (and by extension, all heavy guitar-based music) and will need to chill with some classical or some folk for a few weeks. If you're scared, just go for a big paradigm shift. Listen to some gangster rap!
----
15.05.2008 - 18:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
No man in beggining you need one bottle of beer, then more an dmore in end you drink 2 litres of whisky to get satifield
----

apos;'
[image]
15.05.2008 - 19:03
Torelli
I think I know what you mean, I've been in that situation. A radical change of music style would be a good advice I guess.

When I losed intrest in music, I was without music for about 2 months. I didn't have any taste for it at all, I avoided any kind of instruments, CD's, mp3's(etc). I didn't even listen to radio and avoided stores that played music. Instead I spend most of my time outside, in nature. One day, I decided to try music again. I put up some random stuff and I thought it was awsome. I listened to some radio music, and it was awsome. Nearly everything I listened to sounded awsome. It took a few more days after that before I could enjoy music on a normal level.

Damn, it sounds like I'm describing some kind of drug here , but seriously, try to be without music for a few days and see how it works for you.
15.05.2008 - 19:44
Lord TJ
Written by [user id=5080] on 15.05.2008 at 08:28

I had experienced a really strange feeling lately, that invades me suddenly. There are whole weeks in which I just don't want to listen to anything, metal and music in general becomes uninteresting for me and what had beem for MANY years one of the truly important aspects of my life loses its whole meaning. At first I tried to fight that feeling, but I see that love for music is progressively leaving me, and there are actually very few times in which I feel that whole pleasure that it used to induct in me. I wouldn't be surprised if 1 year ahead from now I'll not be actually listening to anything... comments? experiences?

I didn't want to open this thread in the General Music forum just becuase I wasn't felt it was the appropiate place, but mods feel free to change it.

Perhaps your just getting bored of the music you have, everyone loves some kind of music, I never met anyone who doesn't like music at all. Just look around different metal genres.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
15.05.2008 - 22:29
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Lord TJ on 15.05.2008 at 19:44

I never met anyone who doesn't like music at all.

I did... It's a muslim that thinks that music [any kind of music] is some kind of evil thingy... And I'm not joking.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
15.05.2008 - 22:44
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
I try to change my genre , for example : death change to doom or any genre of extreme change to rock . I think this is the best way when I lose my mind . but I couldn't without music
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
15.05.2008 - 23:20
Replicant
Well, listen to yourself. If you don't feel a desire to listen to music currently, don't. It'll come back probably after a while anyway.
15.05.2008 - 23:32
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Of course I become tired of listening to music. That is why I make Youtube Poop.
15.05.2008 - 23:35
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Never happened to me.
I wander through subgenres of Metal and sometimes I listen some electro and classics... I have a pretty wide taste for music.
Sometimes feel strange and Listen one song by a band, one song by a completely different band, and so on...
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
15.05.2008 - 23:37
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
I am a very auditory person, so that is a huge reason why I listen to music most of the waking day. But there are times when I just am not in the mood for music. Most of the time it is Metal that I get tired of. There is only so much screeching guitar and double bass I can take till my ears begin to hurt. That is when I usually switch to some sort of folk or country music. For just some easy listening anything from Elton John to Carbon Leaf gets played. When I am driving to van for my job, it is National Public Radio all the way. Still there are times when silence is golden. Last year I did a week long retreat where we spent the whole experience in silence. It was such an amazing trip.
----
(space for rent)
16.05.2008 - 06:24
selken
Irreligious
Never

I spent all day long listening music, well, I have a lot of music, so at least I could not get tired for listening the same music. xD
----
16.05.2008 - 11:50
Aei Ontos
Account deleted
My porblem moslty is that I have no idea what cd I would pick. I have a cd player in which I can put 3 cd's at a time, but then I have hundreds that I want to listen(not hundred actually, I only have 180 cd's right now, so maybe just a little more than hundred).
16.05.2008 - 13:04
FOOCK Nam
I experienced that some of times. The only that I would recommend you that is waiting. You can wait until your music appreciating back. Just take break, you dont need to listen or try to put music in your ears now, just take break for weeks or month then you will able to be sensitive to music by yours ears again.

Another thing I also recommend that is changing music taste. It could be not long but changing taste for some times then you ears will be back ably to listen to metal again, that would probaly in your case.
16.05.2008 - 17:12
Lord TJ
Written by [user id=30512] on 16.05.2008 at 11:50

My porblem moslty is that I have no idea what cd I would pick. I have a cd player in which I can put 3 cd's at a time, but then I have hundreds that I want to listen(not hundred actually, I only have 180 cd's right now, so maybe just a little more than hundred).

Problem Solved

----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

16.05.2008 - 17:59
Aei Ontos
Account deleted
Written by Lord TJ on 16.05.2008 at 17:12

Written by [user id=30512] on 16.05.2008 at 11:50

Problem Solved

Your right, but I don't want to spend my money to it and I am also to lazy to rip all my cd's. But thanks, I'll think about it when my cd's player is gone.
16.05.2008 - 18:48
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
I've had the same thing happen to me lately, but instead of it being music, it's guitar. I haven't very much at all lately, and this tends to scare me, seeing that guitar is my passion and envision a future with it. I might be in a period with lack of inspiration, or also tiredness. If music is considered of high importance to you, I'm sure you'll be able to enjoy it again, because I'm quite sure that i will start picking up my axe more often. It could happen to everyone to hit a sort of slump I guess, just don't let it overwhelm you.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
16.05.2008 - 19:44
Lord TJ
Written by Visioneerie on 16.05.2008 at 18:48

I've had the same thing happen to me lately, but instead of it being music, it's guitar. I haven't very much at all lately, and this tends to scare me, seeing that guitar is my passion and envision a future with it. I might be in a period with lack of inspiration, or also tiredness. If music is considered of high importance to you, I'm sure you'll be able to enjoy it again, because I'm quite sure that i will start picking up my axe more often. It could happen to everyone to hit a sort of slump I guess, just don't let it overwhelm you.

Your probly just going through a cycle, every musician goes through it.

I dont think theres anything in this world that nobody cant get tired of if you think about it.
----

16.05.2008 - 20:11
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i have experienced it sometimes, but only for about 2-3 hours at a time or something, then it comes back and i get pumped up again and want to bang my head to some good old Judas Priest or something

there are times though, like when i'm super angry or depressed(and the latter happens way too often) when i don't want to listen to anything and would gladly thrust my katana into the speakers if i hear something
16.05.2008 - 21:36
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by Lord TJ on 16.05.2008 at 19:44

Written by Visioneerie on 16.05.2008 at 18:48

Your probly just going through a cycle, every musician goes through it.

I dont think theres anything in this world that nobody cant get tired of if you think about it.

Yeah that's probably it, sometimes we might just need a break off things, especially the stuff that are a big occupation in our lives. I'm confident that sooner than later I'll be practicing guitar as often as I used to, or even more, who knows.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
16.05.2008 - 22:46
Lord TJ
Written by Visioneerie on 16.05.2008 at 21:36

Yeah that's probably it, sometimes we might just need a break off things, especially the stuff that are a big occupation in our lives. I'm confident that sooner than later I'll be practicing guitar as often as I used to, or even more, who knows.

Sometimes it helps me to find other bands and give them a listen for inspiration.
----