Metal Storm logo
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)

Original post

Posted by Darth Satanious, 30.05.2008 - 08:44
Ultimate Fighting Championship is a mixed martial arts organization who has risen to popularity in recent years. It started out in Denver, Colorado in a quest to find the best fighters regardless of the fighting style they possessed. With almost no rules present to regulate fights, these fights are said to have been bloody as fukk and continued as such until the ever-meddling yet almighty nose of politicians joined the scenario. Things were regulated since then with the additions of rules that have made UFC pretty much what it is right now. Fights nowadays are mainly a display of Kick-boxing and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu which ends up in surprising/unexpected and brutal stuff in a lot of the fights.

I am getting pretty much into this organization these days, being pretty loyal to its latest events and following one of its reality shows in the quest for amateur fighters to earn a contract within the organization.

Is there any other Metalsturmers into this shit too?
09.06.2008 - 03:04
Buggy
Account deleted
while I agree UFC's scoring is pretty subjective, I don't think it is necessarily more so than boxing (how many jabs does it take to cancel a cross?). I think everyone's happier when fights end with a ko or submission (well except for the dude on the rcieving end I guess), but then again most decision in the ufc are clear enought even without a precise scoring system (ie one guy was getting the smack significantly more than the other). Controversial decisions are always gonna be present in sports as long as there are judges, I don't think the ufc special in that.
CroCop vs Sanchez was but one bout, and kinda justified since Mirko was green to the ufc and had to build a minimal resume before fighting contenders...
As far as the early stoppages go, a 10 seconds countdown is simply out of question in a sport like mma...
It is true that the ufc is advertised partly as entertainment, but that doesn't detract from the quality of the fights or fighters in my opinion. Might not have the best policy of all the mma promotions out there, but it certainly has the most talented fighters overall...
16.07.2008 - 04:51
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
HAHAHAAHHA LOOK AT THIShttp://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-071508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

i woulda expected rampage to go at least 5 hours in evading the cops...he was the light heavyweight champ after all...
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
27.01.2009 - 09:23
Ascendant187
Is Forest Griffin still Light Heavyweight Champ? I'm so far behind on my viewing - I'm only now just finishing up watching The Ultimate Fighter 6.
01.02.2009 - 02:53
WagonOfFilth
Written by Ascendant187 on 27.01.2009 at 09:23

Is Forest Griffin still Light Heavyweight Champ? I'm so far behind on my viewing - I'm only now just finishing up watching The Ultimate Fighter 6.

Unfortunately he is not. He was beaten by Rashad Evans in UFC 93.
----
Your trust is in Whiskey, and Weed, and Slayer. It's goddamn electric!
01.02.2009 - 07:48
Ascendant187
Written by WagonOfFilth on 01.02.2009 at 02:53

Really? How'd the fight end?
02.02.2009 - 03:57
WagonOfFilth
Written by Ascendant187 on 01.02.2009 at 07:48

Written by WagonOfFilth on 01.02.2009 at 02:53

Really? How'd the fight end?

My bad, it was UFC 92 where Forrest lost to Rashad, The first and second rounds were fairly even, they stood for most of them. In the third round Rashad caught Forrest with a hook, knocked him down and hit him a few times on the ground. Ref stopped it after that and it was ruled a TKO.
----
Your trust is in Whiskey, and Weed, and Slayer. It's goddamn electric!
10.08.2009 - 04:18
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt

haha
10.08.2009 - 07:20
tulkas
el parcero
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
10.08.2009 - 22:41
ß
Problem?
Lmao thats hilarious.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
29.08.2009 - 19:05
kesh
Account deleted

Lyoto Machida is the champ now. Probably will be for a along time. Jackson turned down Machida's first title defense so Shogun from pride is going to fight him.
12.10.2009 - 20:52
FOOCK Nam
Written by tulkas on 10.08.2009 at 07:20

I really WONDER how can they both punching very hard to each other while without any run-up.
12.10.2009 - 21:03
Baz Anderson
Staff
I loved watching UFC, but then they stopped showing it here in the UK for free.
17.12.2010 - 19:41
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Did anyone see this last night?

17.12.2010 - 20:07
Vikcen
Metálico
Perfect kick =)
19.12.2010 - 04:56
Kennoth
I like watching MMA in general (PRIDE was THE MMA organization before it fell apart), but there's very little interest of that in my country, and I can't be bothered to watch it online.

As for UFC, it's currently top notch with all the world class names coming to them. But what happens is that those old school legends get pummeled by newcomers. Think Minotauro, Silva and my countryman Cro Cop. I would place the blame on the octagon, since I guess it's not easy to adapt to it, or maybe they're just outdated.

I didn't watch Lesnar/Cain fight as of yet. What did you make of it? And who is the current most competitive fighter of MMA in your opinion? Is it still Fedor? Perhaps Overeem? Lesnar or Cain?
----
*insert something deep and profound*
19.12.2010 - 12:07
Baz Anderson
Staff
Look at Ken Shamrock - it isn't the octagon, it's just that they are past their prime.
21.12.2010 - 21:43
bandido
I've been a UFC fan for 5 years or so, all I can say is that David "Tank" Abbott is the coolest fighter EVER! If you're a metalhead and you like to see fights you have to love this guy!
----
"Rockin' every single piece of metal..."
22.12.2010 - 18:32
Kennoth
I'm not familiar with him...
----
*insert something deep and profound*
14.06.2011 - 19:17
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by bandido on 21.12.2010 at 21:43

I've been a UFC fan for 5 years or so, all I can say is that David "Tank" Abbott is the coolest fighter EVER! If you're a metalhead and you like to see fights you have to love this guy!

A very old school fighter. He was great though.

I love MMA fighting but I hate the culture behind the UFC (just in america), you americans will know what im talking about.
14.06.2011 - 19:17
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by bandido on 21.12.2010 at 21:43

A very old school fighter. He was great though.

I love MMA fighting but I hate the culture behind the UFC (just in america), you americans will know what im talking about.
27.12.2011 - 10:17
FOOCK Nam
Not UFC but I find this very humorous fight
14.12.2014 - 08:55
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Please Cormier, break Jon Jones face and knock him out for good. If you win I promise to keep this picture as desktop wallpaper for a whole month:

cuz having a sweaty dude half naked as a desktop background is asking a lot from me.

Go Cormier, GO!

I am about to watch the Ultimate Fighter finale and latest UFC, won't come here and read anything until I watch those cards.
----
Christless
14.12.2014 - 21:54
FOOCK Nam
Written by Darth Satanious on 14.12.2014 at 08:55

Please Cormier, break Jon Jones face and knock him out for good. If you win I promise to keep this picture as desktop wallpaper for a whole month:

cuz having a sweaty dude half naked as a desktop background is asking a lot from me.

Go Cormier, GO!

I am about to watch the Ultimate Fighter finale and latest UFC, won't come here and read anything until I watch those cards.

Not a big problem for me, but Jon Jones is not an easy one to defeat. The fight of him to Gustafson were extremly tough.
15.12.2014 - 12:14
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Yeah, that fight between those two was very close. If I remember correctly I think I would have given it to Alexander, even though Jones had more control by taking him down, if I recall correctly.

This is what I want to see come January 3rd

----
Christless
24.03.2015 - 15:15
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
When it comes to UFC, only one name pops up - Brock Lesnar.
18.02.2017 - 08:48
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
In case anyone wondering about Georges St-Pierre, he's back with the bang.

01.08.2022 - 09:28
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Let's revive this thread, in case anyone interested to see the update on UFC bouts.

I mostly keep an eye on UFC cards.

Able to catch two highly rated bouts - Moreno vs Kara for Flyweight and Pena vs Nunes for Bantamweight championship.

Fight of the night hands down belongs to Nunes thwarting Pena from every corner of the octagon. Absolute bloodfest contest where Nunes didn't want to think about existence of a clock. She looked indefatigable.