Metal Storm logo
Personal places / Where do you go walking?

Original post

Posted by Olli, 16.06.2008 - 22:43
I've noticed alot of metalstormers talk about how they like to walk around, some just to be around nature or to listen to music.
My town is right next to a river that stretches for hours untill it reaches another town, I love walking down it at night listening to music on my mp3 player, there's also a wooded area which is quite small but nice to walk around in on you're own.
So, do you have any places that have a special meaning to you or just places that you enjoy?
12.10.2009 - 22:47
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Oh, sorry, i didnt realize that...i think i should upload the pics on Picasaweb or somewhere...but i am currently too lazy to do it...

edit: besides i cant find the photos already on my drive :?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

16.10.2009 - 20:34
Nexus
Asshat
Lately Ive been going to the Oratoire in Montréal, which is also extremely soothing and tranquil. Its nestled in the hills of Mont-Royal, really high up, so when you climb up the steps you get this awesome view of Montréal. Plus, seeing as how its pretty much just a massive church/cathedral of sorts, the ceilings are really high up, and the murals are so beautiful, as well as the statues ... and its so quiet and calm ... I dont like what it represents, as it is enforcing something I really dislike (religion), but the feeling there is really ... I dunno, cant describe it really. I always found something really nice about churches, dunno why.

the building itself:
http://www.crm.umontreal.ca/images/Montreal/oratoire.jpg

the view:
http://a7.idata.over-blog.com/599x449/0/09/26/71/montr-al/Oratoire/IMG_0440.JPG

view of how it looks from afar at the top page:
http://www.saint-joseph.org/
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
19.10.2009 - 06:17
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Hyde Park in London anyone?
I'm there at least 4 times a week... Though I run rather than walk, if that counts
----
loves 小巫
07.11.2009 - 08:10
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
I go skate, well cruise on my skateboard jumping over shit and go down the biggest hills I can find, and after Im tired and drenched in sweat, or more likely ate shit I go to the beach and swim, no forest around here only malaria infested jungles
09.02.2010 - 00:11
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Sometimes, if the weather permits it, I like to go to the comic book store.
09.03.2010 - 00:21
Roro
I go there
15.03.2010 - 04:52
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Roro: Damn...that's quite the beautiful place...I could spend the whole day there...
15.03.2010 - 17:59
Ragana
Rawrcat
Hmh, I don't walk by myself that often, it's more like jogging. However, there are plenty of places where to run. I'm living practically next to the longest river in Latvia (which is probably the best place for jogging since there's also a HES (hydro-electro station), therefore, there's a dam where people usually walk), there's a forest and a botanical garden a few hundred meters from my house and the neighbourhood is slightly free of civilization (I'm living in a town with the population of ~22k). Since the land belongs to the town and no one really cares if I'm in the territory or not, I can do whatever I want. I can even visit nuclear reactor which has been shut down for more than 10 years and still no one will care about it, hahah.
Honestly, the only thing I miss here is a real lake and more bicycle lanes otherwise sometimes when I don't want to ride to the next town (12km) just for fun, there's simply no place where to go without being afraid of getting run over...

Here are a few pics: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
15.03.2010 - 18:57
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by Ragana on 15.03.2010 at 17:59

Hmh, I don't walk by myself that often, it's more like jogging. However, there are plenty of places where to run. I'm living practically next to the longest river in Latvia (which is probably the best place for jogging since there's also a HES (hydro-electro station), therefore, there's a dam where people usually walk), there's a forest and a botanical garden a few hundred meters from my house and the neighbourhood is slightly free of civilization (I'm living in a town with the population of ~22k). Since the land belongs to the town and no one really cares if I'm in the territory or not, I can do whatever I want. I can even visit nuclear reactor which has been shut down for more than 10 years and still no one will care about it, hahah.
Honestly, the only thing I miss here is a real lake and more bicycle lanes otherwise sometimes when I don't want to ride to the next town (12km) just for fun, there's simply no place where to go without being afraid of getting run over...

Here are a few pics: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

Looks not too bad
05.04.2010 - 20:40
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Personal places? Hmmm, let me see...For walking it dosen't really matter, it should be quiet and not crowded so it depends on the day and time,...But there's a coffee shop near my friend's house which has got quite great icecreams, cakes, drinks,...And better than them all, it usually is not that crowded so that we can calmly take a seat and discuss...
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
18.05.2010 - 11:14
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Drunken/stoned/trippin walks are the best. they're one of the few things i hope i never stop doing. maybe not the drugs so much, but a stoned walk to analyze things almost never yields negative results. drunk walks dont count haha.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
18.05.2010 - 11:38
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by LeChron James on 18.05.2010 at 11:14

Drunken/stoned/trippin walks are the best. they're one of the few things i hope i never stop doing. maybe not the drugs so much, but a stoned walk to analyze things almost never yields negative results. drunk walks dont count haha.

Drunk walks are my favorite, especially downtown after the bars/clubs get out, because you always meet random people. Last time I did this I ended up at a black people party and listened to mullatos talk about how hard it is to be black in a white society. lmao
18.05.2010 - 22:48
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
I go walking to the shops, that's about it unless I need to go into town, there's a nice park not to far away but I can't be bothered going there on my own.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
19.05.2010 - 04:51
Richard
Elite
The churchyard here in Bury St. Edmunds is a favourite place of mine, which appears particularly evocative and haunting during the later hours.

It was actually directly mentioned by the songwriter Nick Cave, in his song 'Gates to the Garden', inspired by when he spent some time here.
----
19.05.2010 - 07:11
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Dangerboner on 18.05.2010 at 11:38

Drunk walks are my favorite, especially downtown after the bars/clubs get out, because you always meet random people. Last time I did this I ended up at a black people party and listened to mullatos talk about how hard it is to be black in a white society. lmao

dude thats awesome. the last drunken walk i was on was coming back from class and i was approached by some bitch from GreenPeace and she asked me if i liked whales, i laughed and said do you like SARS, and when she said no, i said im not drunk enough to give you money and walked it off. and im hoping you showed them pseudo blacks the biznass end of one of your fists.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
19.05.2010 - 10:23
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
There is a state preserve within walking distance of my house and I usually go there to walk. It's not large by any means, but it has several good, moderately long trails that enjoy hiking. I've been there many times, in good and bad and I really enjoy my time there. I think I'll go tomorrow. Great thread!
----
The force will be with you, always.
19.05.2010 - 21:56
Kennoth
Bike spoiled me, so I prefer biking instead of walking. I mostly enjoy doing it next to the riverside, it's a nice feeling and has a good look to it as well. Putting my mp4 on my ears (which is malfunctioning yet again) and enjoying the moment.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
24.06.2010 - 17:44
Roro
Biking? God i miss that machine!!!
i wish we get back to winter time very soon so i can do my walking coz its fucking hot and will keep getting worse :/