Metal Storm logo
David Bowie

21.06.2008 - 01:44
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
I personally love David Bowie, I listened to him alot before I started on metal. Although he may not be recognised as a really influential artist by some, his music has always really appealed to me.

Does anybody else like him?
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
21.06.2008 - 02:27
tulkas
el parcero
actually i've been thinking about bowies music for some days now, i know that he was very influential and i like some of his songs, although i don't know the names. which songs can you recommend me so i can download and start getting into his music?
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
21.06.2008 - 02:59
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
@tulkas: well i would definately recommend any of his albums up until scary monsters and supercreeps. some songs that are good, these are favs of mine are:- ashes to ashes off scary monsters and supercreeps, sound and vision off low, rebel rebel and diamond dogs off diamond dogs, suffragette city and ziggy stardust off ziggy stardust and life on mars and changes off hunky dory. i think i good album to start with is probably ziggy stardust, you'll find alot of good songs on that album.

hope this helps
----
22.06.2008 - 07:33
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Necrogeddon on 21.06.2008 at 02:59

@tulkas: well i would definately recommend any of his albums up until scary monsters and supercreeps. some songs that are good, these are favs of mine are:- ashes to ashes off scary monsters and supercreeps, sound and vision off low, rebel rebel and diamond dogs off diamond dogs, suffragette city and ziggy stardust off ziggy stardust and life on mars and changes off hunky dory. i think i good album to start with is probably ziggy stardust, you'll find alot of good songs on that album.

hope this helps

thanx! i'll look for them and download them as soon as i get a chance
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
22.06.2008 - 18:09
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
its ok hope you enjoy it
----
22.06.2008 - 21:44
Hamird
Lieutenant
I just heard a funny thing about David Bowie.. that's Avril Lavigne said David Movie, and when people asked her about that, she said she never heard about him... and then I said with myself, FUCK YOU BITCH! a whore became a superstar with some cheap songs, and then she doesn't know David Bowie!!!
23.06.2009 - 12:00
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Since I'm just in a mood and I put on some good old' Ziggy Stardust I decided to bring back this thread

I'm actually quite surprised there aren't as many Bowie fans here! I just love his music, even though I'm not exactly a maniac fan knowing all his albums by heart. But it's basically fact that this dude is one heck of a music genious. I just find all his works worth listening, from his early works to his psychedellic/glam phase (I mean, The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars is THE THING!!!), to his pop (The Thin White Duke era) experimentation (Station To Station is one of my absolutely fave songs!) going on this well known, established, superstar celebirty. It was rock, it was pop, it was electronic, he did everything and he did it awesome!

And I remember falling in love in Bowie when seeing Wir, Kinder Von Bahnhoff Zoo for the first time, performing Station To Station.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
23.06.2009 - 14:01
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Bowie is a brilliant artist with a unique distinctive voice. He has inspired many artists, among them, Nirvana and Marilyn Manson. He is also a pretty decent actor. He played a very good part in the Prestige and was one of my childhood heroes with his performance in the Labyrinth.

Here's the best song from the Labyrinth:

and just for fun, here's Adam Sandler singing Space Oddity in Mr Deeds:

Enjoy
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
17.07.2009 - 15:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

. i think i good album to start with is probably ziggy stardust, you'll find alot of good songs on that album.

hope this helps

actualy its only album what you shood have from him, and I have it, each 70's n realy is good, but leither songs are to pop, Ziggy its more guitars and emotions , but 80's staff I feel like gothic sawm who will drawn in lokal pool
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.07.2009 - 18:09
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Bad English on 17.07.2009 at 15:31

. i think i good album to start with is probably ziggy stardust, you'll find alot of good songs on that album.

hope this helps

actualy its only album what you shood have from him, and I have it, each 70's n realy is good, but leither songs are to pop, Ziggy its more guitars and emotions , but 80's staff I feel like gothic sawm who will drawn in lokal pool

Space Oddity and The Man Who Sold the World are good to.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
17.07.2009 - 18:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Haddonfield on 17.07.2009 at 18:09

hope this helps

Well those 2 songs yes are but albums I need hear those albums before judge, havnt hera those long
----

apos;'
[image]
17.07.2009 - 19:01
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Bad English on 17.07.2009 at 18:35

Written by Haddonfield on 17.07.2009 at 18:09

hope this helps

Well those 2 songs yes are but albums I need hear those albums before judge, havnt hera those long

It's his oldest material so, I think if you like Ziigy Stardust, you may like these ones.
----

19.07.2011 - 13:21
Pyramid God
Hallo Spaceboy IMO.
21.07.2011 - 21:34
IronAngel
I quite like Low. It's such a carefully crafted album. I've never gotten into Bowie properly, just a few spins of a few albums. I guess I like Low because it reminds me of Brian Eno's albums from that time, especially Another Green World. Which admittedly beats anything Bowie ever did. >_>
02.01.2014 - 00:57
DyingWorld
I've been listening to David Bowie quite a bit as of late. "The Man Who Sold The World", "Ziggy Stardust" and "Diamond Dogs" are all great albums. I use to listen to Ziggy Stardust a lot before I got into metal too. Just such great songwriting and arrangements, timeless stuff. Perhaps I should check out more of his work.
04.01.2014 - 02:14
Walter Iego
Author
Elite
Well, his old classics will always stand the test of time.
27.02.2014 - 15:06
Innika
Written by AnGina-- on 23.06.2009 at 12:00

Since I'm just in a mood and I put on some good old' Ziggy Stardust I decided to bring back this thread

I'm actually quite surprised there aren't as many Bowie fans here! I just love his music, even though I'm not exactly a maniac fan knowing all his albums by heart. But it's basically fact that this dude is one heck of a music genious. I just find all his works worth listening, from his early works to his psychedellic/glam phase (I mean, The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars is THE THING!!!), to his pop (The Thin White Duke era) experimentation (Station To Station is one of my absolutely fave songs!) going on this well known, established, superstar celebirty. It was rock, it was pop, it was electronic, he did everything and he did it awesome!

And I remember falling in love in Bowie when seeing Wir, Kinder Von Bahnhoff Zoo for the first time, performing Station To Station.

Yes, yes and yes!
15.03.2014 - 14:01
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by Walter Iego on 04.01.2014 at 02:14

Well, his old classics will always stand the test of time.

Absolute truth!

But nonetheless, The Next Day is a masterpiece as well. I mean, with this record he made one of the best comebacks in the history of music. The music is just... dreamy, thought-provoking, intelligent, memorable.... Everyhing that Bowie represent. I admire him so so much, such an incredible artist. It has been almost a half of the century since his debut, and his mind is still going on, full of ideas. In years to come, his whole discography will be legendary, no doubt there.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
10.01.2016 - 11:50
Zap
Well, the new David Bowie might be his best since 1.Outside I think.
11.01.2016 - 09:52
slim pickings
Account deleted
David Bowie has passed away, after 18 months battle with cancer. He was 69.

Shocking news. Another legend is gone.
11.01.2016 - 10:20
Maco
Pvt Funderground
His last album was a fantastic sendoff. It seems that he gave everything he had in that record because he knew that it could probably be the last one.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
11.01.2016 - 18:25
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Another great talent left us too.

Enjoyed his every work he puts forth upon us.
11.01.2016 - 19:39
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Hopefully he enjoys Life On Mars.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
12.01.2016 - 14:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BitterCOld on 11.01.2016 at 19:39

Hopefully he enjoys Life On Mars.

whit spiders
----

apos;'
[image]
12.01.2016 - 14:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like early David stuff, like 5 albums, it was awesome, classic that time physiologic rock something, guitars, nice vocals , but later albums , he went Madona way, never recordet same style follower and was like artists what ppl cant get, maybe 3-4 ppl from 100 000 would get his art, musically and artistically it was crap, his real and good work was in old days , what I like and seems will like... great lyrics about space ... maybe early ancient alien theorist?
----

apos;'
[image]
12.01.2016 - 15:03
slim pickings
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 12.01.2016 at 14:41

I like early David stuff, like 5 albums, it was awesome, classic that time physiologic rock something, guitars, nice vocals , but later albums , he went Madona way, never recordet same style follower and was like artists what ppl cant get, maybe 3-4 ppl from 100 000 would get his art, musically and artistically it was crap, his real and good work was in old days , what I like and seems will like... great lyrics about space ... maybe early ancient alien theorist?

'he went Madonna way"? really? why do you have the need to talk when you're clueless?
12.01.2016 - 15:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 12.01.2016 at 15:03

'he went Madonna way"? really? why do you have the need to talk when you're clueless?

Madonna each album has different musical style and direction , never have recordet 2 albums similar and later David went to pop direction btw
----

apos;'
[image]
12.01.2016 - 15:22
slim pickings
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 12.01.2016 at 15:04

Written by Guest on 12.01.2016 at 15:03

Madonna each album has different musical style and direction , never have recordet 2 albums similar and later David went to pop direction btw

comparing Bowie to Madonna is ridiculous
Bowie has experimented a lot throughout his career, you may not know that. He considers himself a pop artist though and he's been anything but that.
12.01.2016 - 16:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 12.01.2016 at 15:22

[
Bowie has experimented a lot throughout his career, you may not know that. He considers himself a pop artist though and he's been anything but that.

gosh you still don't get, Maradona and David each created next album different sound,
----

apos;'
[image]
12.01.2016 - 16:39
slim pickings
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 12.01.2016 at 16:10

Written by Guest on 12.01.2016 at 15:22

[

gosh you still don't get, Maradona and David each created next album different sound,

so Maradona sings? ROFLMAO

Madonna, Maradona, same thing, who gives a...