Mother Misery 17:30 - 18:10
Ancient Rites 19:30 - 20:20

Comments

Comments: 19   Visited by: 36 users
06.08.2008 - 18:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
shame that such a fine line-up is totally spoiled by another run-of-the-mill boring folk band.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.08.2008 - 19:38
VPeter
yeah shame that the line up is ruined by lame metalcore bands.
oh yeah they aren't a run-of-the-mill. they are one of the first folk metal bands.
06.08.2008 - 19:53
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by VPeter on 06.08.2008 at 19:38

oh yeah they aren't a run-of-the-mill. they are one of the first folk metal bands.

Only metalcore band there is Heaven Shall Burn btw.
They might be one of the first but they sound like every single other one and totally uninspired and dull, but then again that is the problem with almost all the folk metal bands around (exceptions being Skyclad and Primordial although they are just slightly folk metal). here today, gone tomorrow, no lasting power.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.08.2008 - 20:06
VPeter
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.08.2008 at 19:53

They might be one of the first but they sound like every single other one and totally uninspired and dull, but then again that is the problem with almost all the folk metal bands around (exceptions being Skyclad and Primordial although they are just slightly folk metal). here today, gone tomorrow, no lasting power.

I also see Pro Pain as bit of hybrid of metalcore and thrash.
have you tried there debut? that one is Celtic Black metal and there were no female vocals - however the production is terrible.
then they turned into the band they are now and still great and live they are even better, especially the female vocals.
that last part seems to be more about your precious bay area thrash. boring, dull and were big in the 80ties but where are they now?:P
06.08.2008 - 20:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by VPeter on 06.08.2008 at 20:06

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.08.2008 at 19:53

I also see Pro Pain as bit of hybrid of metalcore and thrash.
have you tried there debut? that one is Celtic Black metal and there were no female vocals - however the production is terrible.
then they turned into the band they are now and still great and live they are even better, especially the female vocals.
that last part seems to be more about your precious bay area thrash. boring, dull and were big in the 80ties but where are they now?:P

I have always considered Pro-Pain as a thrash hardcore corssover nothing to do with what people view as metalcore nowadays.

As for Bay Area thrash... mmm, Exodus, Testament, Death Angel still going strong and drawing larger crowds than most folk metal band. But Bay Area Thrash also didn't have staying power in general. Only genre that has been plodding along and still going strong in the underground, where it has always been, is doom.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.08.2008 - 20:33
VPeter
that is also because the Folk metal scene is just new, they don't have the titans of old like thrash but even most Folk Metal bands manages to outsell them here, but in the USA Folk metal is not that populair.
Doom also needs to stay underground, it would be bad if they gain huge populairty.
just a few people at doom shows really works with the music self, no loud annyoing dumb metalheads just you and the doom.

but if you only dislike just one band of the line up why don't you just come and take break when the band plays and then return?
06.08.2008 - 20:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by VPeter on 06.08.2008 at 20:33

but if you only dislike just one band of the line up why don't you just come and take break when the band plays and then return?

There might be a possibility I am coming over, cause I just found out I am not working that day. I want to see my good friends of Detonation finally perform in their new five men line-up with the Prostitute Disfigurement stand-in drummer, plus after having seen the Defender reunion gig in March 2007 I really wanna see them again. And who knows... if I am drunk enough I might even enjoy Cruachan, hell, I even enjoyed Korpiklaani last year at Hellfest because I was drunk. Caranl Leftovers is also alwas fun live as is Pro- Pain for me.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.08.2008 - 20:50
Warman
Erotic Stains
I'd go any day for Deathstars!
----
06.08.2008 - 20:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Warman on 06.08.2008 at 20:50

I'd go any day for Deathstars!

Well, tbh I like them even less than Cruachan
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.08.2008 - 22:32
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite

Heaven Shall Burn might be metalcore, but unlike most others from that genre they definitely aren't lame. Cruachan on the other hand are indeed kinda lame live. And that's me as a folk metal fan talking.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
06.08.2008 - 22:50
VPeter
Written by Promonex on 06.08.2008 at 22:32

Heaven Shall Burn might be metalcore, but unlike most others from that genre they definitely aren't lame. Cruachan on the other hand are indeed kinda lame live. And that's me as a folk metal fan talking.

well when I saw them at Arnhem Metal Meeting they were pretty good, especially Karen.
06.08.2008 - 22:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by VPeter on 06.08.2008 at 22:50

well when I saw them at Arnhem Metal Meeting they were pretty good, especially Karen.

I saw them there as well for a short while and they were, like Promo said, LAME/ But that could be my antipathy to folk metal speaking hahhaha
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.08.2008 - 23:04
VPeter
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.08.2008 at 22:55

I saw them there as well for a short while and they were, like Promo said, LAME/ But that could be my antipathy to folk metal speaking hahhaha

probally I found Primordial on CD allready a lame band and live well they were just terrible you get what you see:P
06.08.2008 - 23:44
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by VPeter on 06.08.2008 at 23:04

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.08.2008 at 22:55

probally I found Primordial on CD allready a lame band and live well they were just terrible you get what you see:P

And I found Primordial to be one of the best live bands I've ever come to witness. Guess it all boils down to personal taste once again
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
07.08.2008 - 00:01
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Primordial certainly is one of the best live bands I have ever seen (and I am sure I have seen more than than most of you COMBINED) . It has nothing to do with perosnal taste... I even heard people who hate Primordial on cd say the same thing. The vocalist just conveys PURE emotions live (UNLIKE 99% of the folk metal bands bands' vocalists who are just actng all along, and are as fake as hell.)
People who say Primordial are shit live have totally no idea what music and especially live perfomances are about....
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.08.2008 - 00:22
VPeter
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.08.2008 at 00:01

Primordial certainly is one of the best live bands I have ever seen (and I am sure I have seen more than than most of you COMBINED) . It has nothing to do with perosnal taste... I even heard people who hate Primordial on cd say the same thing. The vocalist just conveys PURE emotions live (UNLIKE 99% of the folk metal bands bands' vocalists who are just actng all along, and are as fake as hell.)
People who say Primordial are shit live have totally no idea what music and especially live perfomances are about....

totally, people have nothing on you Marcel and your ages of wisdom and people like me who find Primordial a boring band with a terrible vocalist who has a fake emo like voice and would make a great couple with Kvar from Shining Pink Mascara should ashmed and shot

in a more ontopic note: alltough I am comming pure for Cruachan I will probally check on Deathstars, Detonation and Ancient Rites as well when there.
12.08.2008 - 14:42
Baz Anderson
Staff
Have fun watching The Rotted! They put on a great show!!
12.08.2008 - 15:22
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Baz Anderson on 12.08.2008 at 14:42

Have fun watching The Rotted! They put on a great show!!

Never been into that band but I hear greats tories about their live shows and their backstage drinking antics.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.08.2008 - 17:40
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Gonna witness that tomorrow. Right before Hail of Bullets. Summer Breeze gonna be fucking brutal this year.
----

Hits total: 2257 | This month: 2