Metal Storm logo
What I hate about my country

19.08.2008 - 14:32
Valentin B
Iconoclast
new thread! something i don't like about Romania is the fact that compared to other countries there are some really expensive shit, at least relative to the normal salary(mostly the utility prices) and of course the EXPENSIVE stuff(musical instruments , PC software and IT stuff like I-pods, playstations etc.), of course music albums goes without saying, they're ridiculously expensive, and then there's really cheap stuff(mostly food, which compensates with low quality).. you can't be sure of anything here!

haterz hate on!
19.08.2008 - 15:08
Oracle
Orcinus
Hmmm well as i said before i hate how cold it is here in winter. it so annoying and i just wish it would stay warmish for winter instead of freezing cold days and nights.
19.08.2008 - 15:30
Smurfophagist
here it's cold as shit in the winter, thousands of gallons of rain pissing down from the sky in the autumn and in the spring and it's hot as fucking hell in the summer. So much for the weather...
Here people can be very primitive and intolerant, but I guess that happens everywhere. In my town specifically there isn't a single music shop. To buy CD's or music instruments I have to take a 30 km bus ride to a bigger city. and the bus ticket is god damn expensive.
If it wasn't for the concerts and a lot of cool events going on in my town i would go friggin' insane.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
19.08.2008 - 20:59
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Valentin B on 19.08.2008 at 14:32

EXPENSIVE IT stuff like I-pods, playstations etc

ipods are not expensive. normal mp3 players with 2 gb capacity are around 100-150 ron. an ipod with 80 GB of space for 850 ron is actually cheap.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
19.08.2008 - 21:35
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I hate the way people behave in my country. It seems that everybody is not satisfied with their lives, and they just try to pour their own lives' crap on you. Almost any waitress or a shop assistant don't even try to provide good service. Oh, how I hate that!
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
20.08.2008 - 04:39
Oracle
Orcinus
Well i also hate poisonous snakes here. Im scared that i could walk on one and then get bitten. I almost stood on a snake 2 years ago and it looked at me and hissed and i was wearing shorts too so i was scared and ran home and put long pants on lol.
20.08.2008 - 09:42
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Damnated on 19.08.2008 at 20:59

Written by Valentin B on 19.08.2008 at 14:32

EXPENSIVE IT stuff like I-pods, playstations etc

ipods are not expensive. normal mp3 players with 2 gb capacity are around 100-150 ron. an ipod with 80 GB of space for 850 ron is actually cheap.

well, you're kinda right, those stuff aren't that expensive anymore, but music CD's, video games, instruments, are unjustly expensive

Written by Oracle on 20.08.2008 at 04:39

Well i also hate poisonous snakes here. Im scared that i could walk on one and then get bitten. I almost stood on a snake 2 years ago and it looked at me and hissed and i was wearing shorts too so i was scared and ran home and put long pants on lol.

...you know they can easily puncture almost any normal clothing fabric right?

if you want real protection get some Kevlar pants
20.08.2008 - 10:15
Oracle
Orcinus
@Valentin B: Yeah i know but not if its really thick pants like jeans etc. some of the snakes here have really small fangs anyway.
21.08.2008 - 15:26
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Oracle on 20.08.2008 at 10:15

@Valentin B: Yeah i know but not if its really thick pants like jeans etc. some of the snakes here have really small fangs anyway.

have you ever seen live some of the REAL NASTY snakes? you know, the ones Steve Irwin used to provoke and run away from lol.
21.08.2008 - 16:10
Oracle
Orcinus
@Valentin B: Oh you mean Brown snakes? Yeh they are massive and i try to avoid going near them as they are very aggressive.. Red Bellied black snakes, i dont really have a problem with as they arent aggressive. but you dont wanna go near brown snakes or tiger snakes
22.08.2008 - 17:58
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 22.08.2008 at 17:55

850!? Shit, my 80 gig was less than $400. Now I don't feel so bad.

850 RON . that is the currency here.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
22.08.2008 - 18:06
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 22.08.2008 at 17:59

Right, stupid me. Haha. Hadn't considered that.

if you bought yours for about $400, then we are indeed screwed here, because 850 RON is about $350. and more than half of the country is on minimum wage.
----

22.08.2008 - 20:13
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 22.08.2008 at 18:10

Minimum wage is always something to complain about, no matter where you live. What is it there?

it is going to be raised to 150 euros in october. it's an 8% raise, so i'm guessing right now it's around 135 euros.
----

29.08.2008 - 13:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by K✞ulu on 19.08.2008 at 21:35

I hate the way people behave in my country. It seems that everybody is not satisfied with their lives, and they just try to pour their own lives' crap on you. Almost any waitress or a shop assistant don't even try to provide good service. Oh, how I hate that!

Same whit I hate here in so called cheep restarants, thank God Europe come here and not eatrleast young people do good service
I call that crap mentalite sovieticus
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.08.2008 - 20:55
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Damnated on 22.08.2008 at 20:13

Minimum wage is always something to complain about, no matter where you live. What is it there?

it is going to be raised to 150 euros in october. it's an 8% raise, so i'm guessing right now it's around 135 euros.

if i remember correctly it's 550 ron right now, so it's pretty bad lol also, what annoys me a lot is that there are just ~4 million working people out of ~21 million people, and the majority of the people are retired, with crappy pensions(most are LESS than the minimum wage).. there just isn't any financial solution in sight
29.08.2008 - 21:10
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Valentin B on 29.08.2008 at 20:55

if i remember correctly it's 550 ron right now, so it's pretty bad lol also, what annoys me a lot is that there are just ~4 million working people out of ~21 million people, and the majority of the people are retired, with crappy pensions(most are LESS than the minimum wage).. there just isn't any financial solution in sight

45% of the population lives in rural areas, that is the problem.
----

29.08.2008 - 21:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Damnated on 29.08.2008 at 21:10

Written by Valentin B on 29.08.2008 at 20:55

45% of the population lives in rural areas, that is the problem.

but they can't move to the city, the prices for houses/apartments are too big and it would simply fuel even BIGGER(yes it's hard to imagine bigger prices for apartments) prices

i think that the quickest and most effective solution would be this: EVERYONE (i mean, everyone) stops buying apartments/houses for about 1 year or so, THEN they'll sell them at the REAL cost, not over-priced like hell just because some asshole wanted to strike it rich overnight. prices drop, problem solved.
03.09.2008 - 13:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 03.09.2008 at 11:03

I hate the sun in this country, it's always so damn hot and it makes me sick literally.

Thats what I love in your country man, realy and also feelings in some places its 1960 not 2008
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.09.2008 - 07:39
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
What I hate about my country...the retard running it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_harper
07.09.2008 - 03:46
vulgar talent
Right now, the #1 thing I hate about my country (USA) is this guy named John McCain.
07.09.2008 - 20:10
EaTNaLiVe666
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 04.09.2008 at 07:39

What I hate about my country...the retard running it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_harper

Fuck Steven Harper! I turn 18 in a few more days and I'm definatley voting against him haha
14.09.2008 - 03:52
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@vulgar talent: Yeah, I'm coming back from a vacation in the USA (I drove down to Virginia) and while working out in the Gym watching CNN (the only thing anyone wanted to watch), it was all McCain and Obama...this McCain guy seems to me like some old washed up politician who doesn't know what the hell is going on...
14.09.2008 - 08:07
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I think what's pissing me off the most right now, is companies don't value one's work. I know many people that are working for some companies for like 10 years, and they never get a damn salary raise.. and when they talk about quiting the job, their bosses almost implore them to stay. It's ridiculous..
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
15.09.2008 - 01:21
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...right now what i hate the most is violence and insecurity...i know there's always been both of them in mexico but it's just that lately i've experienced it with close friends...it's getting worse every day...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
15.09.2008 - 03:40
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by nana.MD on 15.09.2008 at 01:21

...right now what i hate the most is violence and insecurity...i know there's always been both of them in mexico but it's just that lately i've experienced it with close friends...it's getting worse every day...

Sorry to hear that..
I must say that violence in my country is also another problem, specially in the last few years it has been much more violent than before.. It hasn't got to the point of effecting me and my friends, but you never know how much more time we have till it gets to us...
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
15.09.2008 - 10:46
Mynor Kauffmann
Account deleted
Try to live in the third world, no one turns his eyes to see what happend in Central America, I play in a band, I think we have a good lebel, but its hard too make people know about you if you born in this side of the world.
15.09.2008 - 13:50
Freezer
Written by Guest on 15.09.2008 at 10:46

Try to live in the third world, no one turns his eyes to see what happend in Central America, I play in a band, I think we have a good lebel, but its hard too make people know about you if you born in this side of the world.
What do you play? Do you have a myspace?

about my country:
I hate the fact that organized crime is very widespread, and sometimes it has connections with political powers (let alone the prime minister). Then, well, I suppose that ignorance (and I mean, serious ignorance) is becoming a problem, again...
----
We fly through this godless endeavor, we try to explain the black forever
15.09.2008 - 15:08
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Guest on 15.09.2008 at 10:46

I play in a band, I think we have a good label, but its hard to make people know about you if you born in this side of the world.

what's your band's name? what sub-genre you play? i hope it's black...
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
15.09.2008 - 15:08
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Freezer on 15.09.2008 at 13:50

Then, well, I suppose that ignorance (and I mean, serious ignorance) is becoming a problem, again...

first, welcome back.
ignorance seems to be a world wide problem.
at least you're not facing ultra-ignorance but i am...
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
15.09.2008 - 23:06
Freezer
Written by AiwiAstwihad on 15.09.2008 at 15:08

Written by Freezer on 15.09.2008 at 13:50

Then, well, I suppose that ignorance (and I mean, serious ignorance) is becoming a problem, again...

first, welcome back.
ignorance seems to be a world wide problem.
at least you're not facing ultra-ignorance but i am...
indeed it is XD
Man, I've been very busy with studying and all, tomorrow I have a philosophy exam :|

I'll try and be more active in the next weeks :p
----
We fly through this godless endeavor, we try to explain the black forever