Metal Storm logo
Richard Wright of Pink Floyd has passed away, age 65

15.09.2008 - 21:47
marillionfan
Account deleted
I have already written about this on the Pink floyd thread - sorry to insist with this, but this news has saddened me terribly. A huge loss for the progressive rock music world if i may say so.

I wish everyone would play their favourite Pink Floyd album or RW solo work and remember Rick for the outstanding musician he was (can't believe i'm writing in past tense). I'm listening to Pink Floyd right now.

Thank you Rick for enchanting and delighting my soul for almost 20 years since I discovered PF and your astonishing talent and musicianship.
15.09.2008 - 22:29
Iceland_Norway
But the Family wants or not that this new never pass???

because Italian fanzine www.truemetal.it has told this.
----
Føroyar mítt land

Tú alfagra land mítt

Føroyar mín Móðir
15.09.2008 - 22:41
marillionfan
Account deleted
Sorry but i did not understand what you are asking me. i found out about this news on a prog-rock forum, and read the BBC news link about Rick's death.
16.09.2008 - 00:18
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
this makes me hella sad. RICK WRIGHT I MOURNZ YOU.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
16.09.2008 - 05:05
Shadowcross
The Summoner
I will prob listen to Dark Side tonight, prob Piper too
R.I.P.
Pink Floyd should be added to metalstorm as 'prog rock' in his honour!!
So many metal bands/ bands rip them off!!
16.09.2008 - 05:09
Shadowcross
The Summoner
I would like to know how he passed as well..
22.09.2008 - 20:16
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
His death is undisclosed...that's too bad...they'll reveal it one of these days...did he have any health problems at all?
22.09.2008 - 23:15
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 22.09.2008 at 20:16

His death is undisclosed...that's too bad...they'll reveal it one of these days...did he have any health problems at all?

He had cancer, that's the only detail it is known (not what kind). I think nevertheless that it's good to keep things as private as possible. I for one can respect that.
22.09.2008 - 23:20
Elio
Red Nightmare
oooh this sucks
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
22.09.2008 - 23:49
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Cancer takes the life of so many musicians...it's sad that Wright had to go this way too...