Metal Storm logo
Folkearth

30.09.2008 - 16:35
Janne
Hugin
I've decieded to open a new thread because I hadn't find anything when I searched for a Folkearth topic. I must realise that this band isn't very well-known. They have very few fans at MS although their music is brilliant.
For those who haven't heard about them yet, here are some basic data about Folkearth: They are a viking folk metal band from Sweden. Currently they have 10 members (And they had many more formerly). They use many folk instruments. They were formed in 2004 and they have just released their 5th full-lenght album.
I love this band and I'm curious about other peple's opinion about them. So discuss them here!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
30.09.2008 - 18:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
i dont like this band, it remainds me some opera project not metal band , If I understand corrtect thay have soem 30 members, for me band shood be 5-7 not more and I think in Swe are better bands
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.09.2008 - 19:23
Janne
Hugin
Written by Bad English on 30.09.2008 at 18:38

i dont like this band, it remainds me some opera project not metal band , If I understand corrtect thay have soem 30 members, for me band shood be 5-7 not more and I think in Swe are better bands

They are 10 not 30... but yes, they are a bit like an orchestra. But that's not important while their music is good!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
06.10.2008 - 12:20
I have to tell... Folkearth is the shit ! It's a pity they don't tour or give any live gigs.
06.10.2008 - 17:20
Janne
Hugin
I can't understand why do everybody dislike this band...
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
06.10.2008 - 17:34
Janne
Hugin
Written by Nina on 06.10.2008 at 17:29

Folkearth i'ts a great band...

Thanks I really needed you here!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
19.02.2009 - 01:50
Galar
Wicked Mung
I agree. Very underrated. Epic epic music.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
19.02.2009 - 14:22
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I have to say i was never really impressed by their work...of course solid piece of music, but nothing to left strong reminiscence in my head...at least so far...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

19.02.2009 - 22:07
Janne
Hugin
I liked all of their albums I owned but right now my favourite is 'Drakkars In The Mist' with the song 'If I Should Fall'
Those who don't get into them should listen to this song at least! ó
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
14.06.2009 - 16:58
Anibx
Hello everyone, I like very muh Songs of Yore. In fact I like this type of acoustic folk metal albums, I think they show another part of the bands.

Can you recommend me some other albums of this type. I only had listen to Eluveitie Evocation I, Elvenking Two Tragedy Poets and of course Songs of Yore from Folkearth.
14.06.2009 - 19:58
Janne
Hugin
Written by Anibx on 14.06.2009 at 16:58

Hello everyone, I like very muh Songs of Yore. In fact I like this type of acoustic folk metal albums, I think they show another part of the bands.

Can you recommend me some other albums of this type. I only had listen to Eluveitie Evocation I, Elvenking Two Tragedy Poets and of course Songs of Yore from Folkearth.

Wow! I think you've got the best of this kind of music (2 tragedy poets and evocation)
Some more acoustic albums I like are Visor Om Slutet by Finntroll and Solens Rötter by Vintersorg.
ps: Your avatar is great! :)
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
16.06.2009 - 20:44
Anibx
Thanks! Yea I had listen to Finntroll's album too. Is great!
17.07.2009 - 01:06
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
There is now one song i really enjoy - Freedom Or Death (Kosovo 1389)...from Fatherland i guess
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

13.06.2011 - 20:50
Sulac
They're fairly good, though nothing spectacular. Might acquire some albums.
14.06.2011 - 06:46
Vacant Throne
Just listened to "Naglfar Sets Sail" - good stuff!!!!