Mortifera
Crystallium
Belenos
Celestia

Total votes: 32
28.06.2006 - 23:54
Damnated
Churchburner
I picked famous and unfamous bands, although I can see that Mortifera and Celestia wont get any vote, cuz few of you heard them, and you don't even care. Well, that's not of my buisness, but pls argument your choice, or at least try . My vote goes to Epheles, the music I adore lately, just got all of their releases, and I can say, that this band deserves to be on the wall of fame.

POLL EDIT: becuase Clandestine Blaze is not from France, please imagine Hirilorn in the place of CB, and if you vote for them, this vote goes to Hirilorn. I never thought, a poll will be this complicated.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
29.06.2006 - 01:51
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I won't vote because I haven't heard all of them, but out of the ones I've heard my favorite is Deathspell Omega. Not only do they sound good, but their lyrics are amazing.
29.06.2006 - 02:27
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Blut Aus Nord, of course they're the only French BM band I find worthy...

well, the best band in the poll is Clandestine Blaze but THEY ARE FROM FINLAND!!!
29.06.2006 - 03:07
Surtur
Blut aus nord of course, great band...a new coming band called Evohé has good material...
----
" And every angel needs a tear to laugh "
29.06.2006 - 07:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 29.06.2006 at 02:27

Clandestine Blaze but THEY ARE FROM FINLAND!!!

Just wanted to say the same thing. If Clandestine Blaze are French then Deathspell Omega are Finnish because Miko sings in that one as well.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.06.2006 - 10:34
Damnated
Churchburner
That is the reason why I put Clandestine Blaze to french. Damn. And I can't edit the poll...
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
29.06.2006 - 10:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
you sure you can't edit the poll? if you click on edit on your first post you should be able to edit the poll as well. At least that's how it worked in the old version MetalStorm.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.06.2006 - 10:39
Damnated
Churchburner
In the old, yes. But not here.
----

29.06.2006 - 10:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
I'll ask around how to do it... if you post yourr problem in the bugs section someone might knwo or it will be upgraded or something like that.

EDIT: I'll report to the thread to the mods concernign the little problem you're having editing the poll
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.06.2006 - 10:59
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.06.2006 at 10:43

I'll ask around how to do it... if you post yourr problem in the bugs section someone might knwo or it will be upgraded or something like that.

EDIT: I'll report to the thread to the mods concernign the little problem you're having editing the poll

Thanx
----

29.06.2006 - 11:04
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Okay now back on topic. I have a really hard time chosing between Deathspell Omega and Blut Aus Nord, but currently I slightly prefer Deathspell Omega because of its concept and ideology and the packaging and the awesome music
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.06.2006 - 17:36
Ruines
Account deleted
your poll is missing Sombre Chemin. Best french horde ever
29.06.2006 - 18:00
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I knew this one was coming.

For me Alcest. Then Epheles.. or Mortifera.. I'll go for Epheles.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
29.06.2006 - 18:39
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 29.06.2006 at 17:36

your poll is missing Sombre Chemin. Best french horde ever

Well, there are exactly 732 known french black metal bands, acording to M-A, so it was not possible to include all of them. Sombre Chemin is not such a big deal IMO, but there are bands that are good, but just could not make it to this poll. So I ask you all, to stop saying wich band is missing from the list. Thanx.
----

29.06.2006 - 18:43
Ruines
Account deleted
hey chill out did i say your an asshole cuz you didn't included Sombre Chemin ? No

I just wanted to point out that I would've included SC since they're the most influential band in the ns scene actually.

And isn't the title of the thread "Fav french BM band" ? Well mine is SC. bear with it.
29.06.2006 - 23:51
Damnated
Churchburner
And why do you think I made a poll?
----

30.06.2006 - 00:31
Ruines
Account deleted
oh I'm soooo0 sorry to have different tastes than you have and not vote for your band choices, it must be really frustrating for you, kid

as i said :

bear with it
14.07.2006 - 22:07
Odosha
Account deleted
Deathspell Omega without doubt is the best !!!
12.08.2006 - 01:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Maybe some time ago I had hear lother bands in Myspace or in MA, when searching
But I cant think now what I had hear in past
Mütiilation - no I dont vote for them, but thay evenare better for FXXXXing norvegian BM bands, lock at album covers and lyrics
I vote for Blus Aus North, because when you ask me about french BM I think about it or Vlad Tapes, and where is Vlad Tapee BTW

Damneted your old awatar wanst pic of Epheles?

But where are band Hyadningar, thaya er great I like them and I think soem songs was in old copm, Im not shore.
Also you forgot this band Mystic Forest :wall thay had album whit title ''grean hell'' wtf even if France are pao fans :rollin:

I cant think any band from France who play BM, maybe some melodic, atmosferic,doom, or ambient but not pure BM
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.08.2006 - 22:22
Puff
The Forlorn
Actually for me it would have to be a tight match between ''Seigneur Voland'' and ''Kristallnacht''

But From This list I would vote vote for Deathpell Omega... especially for their release Infernal Battles.

Anyway most bands named above are great besides Crystallium and Epheles
----
14.08.2006 - 17:29
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Bad English on 12.08.2006 at 01:26

Damneted your old awatar wanst pic of Epheles?

Yes, it was

Written by Bad English on 12.08.2006 at 01:26

But where are band Hyadningar, thaya er great I like them and I think soem songs was in old copm, Im not shore.
Also you forgot this band Mystic Forest :wall thay had album whit title ''grean hell'' wtf even if France are pao fans :rollin:

I never heard of Hyadningar before, but I will check'em out. I didn't forgot Mystic Forest, as they're one of my fav bands, but I just can't compare to any of those bands: they play a very differnt kind of black metal.
----

28.09.2006 - 02:08
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
I just checked "The Eye" and I hjave to say it's a damn good band... they go better than Blut Aus Nord if you ask me, very haunting Black Metal... thanx to Cryptic Myth, I knew them for him....
28.09.2006 - 02:09
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 29.06.2006 at 02:27

Blut Aus Nord, of course they're the only French BM band I find worthy...

well, the best band in the poll is Clandestine Blaze but THEY ARE FROM FINLAND!!!

And I quote myself to say that I totally forgot about Animus Herilis when wrote that.
28.09.2006 - 05:59
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
My vote goes for Deathspell Omega, their so awsome, and i downloaded one of their albums yesterday. it was amazing, they got my vote for sure.
06.04.2007 - 15:26
Reborn Nemesis
(I love to dig up old threads )

I give my vote to Crystalium. The other bands are ok as well, but I've been listening to this one a lot lately. Nice, fast, BM, quite interesting...
----
... For blood I hunger, possessed by the dark...

... No remorse, I'll tear your flesh apart...
06.04.2007 - 23:43
|Angela|
Account deleted
Sombre Chemin for me. Their album Doctrine was just awesome but there not here so maybe Blut Aus Nord although I like Deathspell Omega and Mortifera quite a bit as well. There are lot of other bands which I like as well. French Black Metal scene is really good these days. Anyway Blut Aus Nord for me!
07.04.2007 - 11:41
AntaeusM
Elite
Mütiilation, one of the very few raw black metal bands that never get boring. Also, one of the very few raw black metal band that can portait depressive, tormented emotions so well. Lyrically Mütiilation did a great job on "Majestas Leprosus". Yeah I truly like this band.

I really like French BM, because the french people aren't that often into those typical themes for black metal, but they write about more deeper topics(like Mütiilation, even when it is satanism, it is some very clever satanism..).

Some other French BM I like are Hegemon, Children of Maani and Crystallium.

However, I think Deathspell Omega is horribly overrated by the underground. Their monotonous, repetitive sound is just not refreshing at all. Blut Aus Nord are okay, but far from the speciality they are according to many fans. Celestia is okay, but I guess I mostly like them because they support Mütiilation live(hah).
18.04.2007 - 13:27
Zombie, M.D.
Mortifera, no doubt. 'Vastiia Tenebrd Mortifera' pretty quickly became my favorite post 1995 black metal album. Its a completely devastating album but its much more subtle and mature than the large chunk of depressive black metal bands.

To be honest Im not so much into French black metal outside of Neige/Noktu stuff and assorted LLN bands like Torgeist, Belketre and Moevot. I could never really get into Mutiilation or Deathspell Omega, maybe its just disappointment from all the hype surrounding them when I checked them out but I cant dig it. Blut Aus Nord are kind of hit or miss. The 'Work Which Transforms Gods' is pretty amazing though its rare that I listen to it. I liked the weird industrial EP they released afterwards but nothing else.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
13.05.2007 - 17:48
Basso
Account deleted
From the poll I will go with Deathspell Omega, I like them, they are quite monotonos but its very intressting and the vocalwork is great!. If I where to choose any french bm band I would go with Ad Hominem or Alcest though... Overall I think the French bm scene is pretty boring though, im more into the eastern european..
14.05.2007 - 09:37
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by Guest on 28.09.2006 at 02:08

I just checked "The Eye" and I hjave to say it's a damn good band... they go better than Blut Aus Nord if you ask me, very haunting Black Metal... thanx to Cryptic Myth, I knew them for him....

The Eye , yeah some of the underrated bands IMO. Vindsval is genius .... all his work is brilliant. I voted Bult Aus Nord among the list. Havnt listened all the bands ....

n yes that 'Cryptic Myth' guy is bhery bhery tr00 kvlt