Waking The Fury
Metal
Set The World On Fire
In Command (Live)

Total votes: 74
15.10.2008 - 02:58
Barbaydos
Account deleted
I just want to know what is the best Annihilator album is? personally i think that Metal their latest release is their best record to date but a lot of their early albums are just as good.
15.10.2008 - 05:57
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Never, Neverland is really good, Alice in Hell is pretty good, and most of the rest is garbage.
15.10.2008 - 07:13
Barbaydos
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 15.10.2008 at 05:57

Never, Neverland is really good, Alice in Hell is pretty good, and most of the rest is garbage.

so your a fan of the old albums ay. well they are pretty good but i really like the new stuff too.
15.10.2008 - 14:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Only Alice in Hell is ''good'' otherwise other albums suks, moust overated band from Canada, I trooly dislike it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.10.2008 - 17:45
marillionfan
Account deleted
I voted for Never Neverland; I think this is their best work, they've always tried somehow to create another NN, and for istance failed miserably with Criteria for a Black Widow, although that was still a pretty good, decent album. The early Annihilator up to 1996 (the Refresh the demon album if I remember right) was great; after that it's just a hit and miss.

BTW, I don't think Annihilator are overrated, despite the fact they are the best known metal band from Canada.
15.10.2008 - 18:02
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 15.10.2008 at 17:45

I voted for Never Neverland; I think this is their best work, they've always tried somehow to create another NN, and for istance failed miserably with Criteria for a Black Widow, although that was still a pretty good, decent album. The early Annihilator up to 1996 (the Refresh the demon album if I remember right) was great; after that it's just a hit and miss.

BTW, I don't think Annihilator are overrated, despite the fact they are the best known metal band from Canada.

I also don't think Annihilator are overrated although I only REALLY the first two.
But are they the best known Canadian metal band? I doubt it since Rush (arguably not metal), Voivod, Devin Townsend Band, Strapping Young Lad, 3 Inches Of Blood, Anvil, Exciter, Quo Vadis, Martyr, Gorguts are IMO better known around the world than Annihilator.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.10.2008 - 18:06
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.10.2008 at 18:02

I also don't think Annihilator are overrated although I only REALLY the first two.
But are they the best known Canadian metal band? I doubt it since Rush (arguably not metal), Voivod, Devin Townsend Band, Strapping Young Lad, 3 Inches Of Blood, Anvil, Exciter, Quo Vadis, Martyr, Gorguts are IMO better known around the world than Annihilator.

from your list of canadian Bands, i only know Voivod, Devin Townsend, Anvil and Rush, so....:lol:
15.10.2008 - 18:09
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 15.10.2008 at 18:06

from your list of canadian Bands, i only know Voivod, Devin Townsend, Anvil and Rush, so....:lol:

You're old like me so you should know Exciter as well imo
What? You haven't heard of Strapping Young Lad? The band of Devin Townsend with Gene Hoglan on drums?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.10.2008 - 18:12
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.10.2008 at 18:09

Written by Guest on 15.10.2008 at 18:06

You're old like me so you should know Exciter as well imo
What? You haven't heard of Strapping Young Lad? The band of Devin Townsend with Gene Hoglan on drums?

Yes I did hear of Strapping young Lad, but I"m afraid this band is way too aggressive for me - I heard some songs on their my space.

Unfortunately I didn't know Exciter, although I'm closer to your age; I stick with just a few thrash bands these days - is there a special Exciter album I should try?
15.10.2008 - 18:19
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 15.10.2008 at 18:12

Unfortunately I didn't know Exciter, although I'm closer to your age; I stick with just a few thrash bands these days - is there a special Exciter album I should try?

Their debut Heavy Metal Maniacs is still by far their best and then Violnce & Force. So just stick to their first two.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.10.2008 - 18:25
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.10.2008 at 18:19

Written by Guest on 15.10.2008 at 18:12

Their debut Heavy Metal Maniacs is still by far their best and then Violnce & Force. So just stick to their first two.

Thanks!
14.02.2009 - 16:46
Joker
Refresh the demon
14.02.2009 - 20:24
Nightmare^
Alice In Hell, great album ^^ I also like Never, Neverland...the prog elements in it fit nicely. Annihilator have released a few more good albums, but not something remarkable as the first ones. The latest SUCK.
----
14.02.2009 - 23:18
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Written by Joker on 14.02.2009 at 16:46

Refresh the demon

+1
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
12.06.2009 - 21:04
terrorist
Waking the Fury.I like their older stuff but this album is powerfull!!!!The riffs are pure thrash.And the vocals and lyrics are great too.
My favorite song from this album is My Precious Lunatic Asylum,it has great solo and melody.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
29.06.2009 - 17:33
Rattlehead87
"Alice In Hell" is a great album but my vote goes to "Never, Neverland" i thought it was a great album very powerful lots of energy... this was also the first album I've heard from Annihilator... i also thought Coburn Pharr was great at Vocals, Randy Rampage was awesome too, but i like Coburn voice more... too bad Coburn didn't make another album with them but i was happy that Randy came back to do "Criteria for a Black Widow" another great album but after that i started to get bored with there stuff
----
No one is safe when I close my eyes, I come to take your life
30.06.2009 - 11:21
Hellish Star
This band wrote superb songs, rarely good albums... Nevertheless the first two albums, "King of the hill" and "Refresh the demon" are good...
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
19.08.2009 - 01:34
Razorback
Annihilator overated??i think it's opposite thay should be more appreciated,everyone have different taste in music but thay are great musicians.
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
01.09.2009 - 03:20
Kratos
King of the Kill..... the vocals on that album were brutal
17.09.2009 - 15:24
farmakon
Whispering Gloom
All For You is the only one Annihilator album I like.
21.04.2010 - 14:17
Thrash
Written by Bad English on 15.10.2008 at 14:11

Only Alice in Hell is ''good'' otherwise other albums suks, moust overated band from Canada, I trooly dislike it

Yes i agree man, Only Alice in hell is good enough. I tried listening to others but they are below average shit.They indeed are overrated
----
Metal takes hold death starts to unfold
It's loud like the worlds at an end
Your in a blood fury the metal won't stop
Onlookers they bang at command
Cutting your palm and drinking your blood
The power that few others dare
You feed the need to go
05.01.2012 - 15:56
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
Written by Kratos on 01.09.2009 at 03:20

King of the Kill..... the vocals on that album were brutal

I like this one too and Alice in Hell as well.
05.01.2012 - 20:41
Mattybu
I voted for Alice in Hell... First Annihilator album I heard and it still holds up.
10.01.2012 - 00:54
That's easy.
The answer would be Alice in Hell. I can't really enjoy any of the other Annihilator albums, and Randy Rampage couldn't save Criteria for a Black Widow on his own.
10.01.2012 - 01:23
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Hmm, I thought I'd already replied in this thread! :\

Anyway, it is "Never, Neverland" for me. It's a perfect blend of melody and thrash, both done expertly well.
10.01.2012 - 11:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 10.01.2012 at 01:23

Hmm, I thought I'd already replied in this thread! :\

Anyway, it is "Never, Neverland" for me. It's a perfect blend of melody and thrash, both done expertly well.

I would say Alice In hell blends the two better, plsu the songs are stronger on that one overall as well. Overall Alice In Hell is less filler and more killer to use a fun phrase
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.01.2012 - 12:11
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.01.2012 at 11:57
I would say Alice In hell blends the two better, plsu the songs are stronger on that one overall as well. Overall Alice In Hell is less filler and more killer to use a fun phrase

I disagree, although "Alice In Hell" is also a great album.

"Never, Neverland" has more variation in it's material, as well as being strong all the way through. Alice is also strong all the way through, but it's not as unique an album, which is why I prefer "Never, Neverland". "Alice In Hell" does however feature my all time fave Annihilator song, "Word Salad"!