Metal Storm logo
Adult Swim... everyone out of the pool

09.11.2008 - 20:19
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
A great block of programming shown on Cartoon Network usually around 10pm to 2am. A cult hit that gets more popular every year because of shows like The Venture Brothers, Metalocalypse, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force. They show all original programming (besides Family Guy, American Dad, and other Fox programming) They were the ones that breathed new life into Futurama. Then Comedy Central stole it.

Adult Swim pretty much made my humor what it is. I watched it since the very first time it aired back in 2000-2001. My favorite shows are Sealab 2021, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Space Ghost Coast To Coast, The Venture Brothers, Home Movies, and Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job
----
Coldgrits
10.11.2008 - 05:24
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Yeah I watch this block of shows quite a lot...Metalocalpyse is a killer show! A lot of the programming is better repetative though..I'm actually writing a pilot episode of a cartoon idea I came up with years ago and am going to send it in and see what they think...
10.11.2008 - 05:35
Hrothdane
I believe it bears mentioning that adult swim is also one of the few places you can see some good anime. One of the best shows that has been on adult swim, Cowboy Bebop, was the show that is exhibit A that anime doesn't have to be after-school action shows like dragonball z or ridiculous magical girl/romantic comedy shows like sailor moon. Trigun, Samurai Champloo, Big O, Paranoia Agent: all great shows that have been on adult swim. Lately, they haven't had much good on anime-wize besides bleach (my guilty pleasure), but hopefully they will get some more good shows on again soon.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
30.12.2008 - 07:21
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Some of the shows on Adult Swim are straight up RETARDED. i dont know any other way to describe them. even if you're baked outta your skull, some of the shows arent that funny.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
03.01.2009 - 19:11
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I've been a fan since it came on the air back in 2000-2001. I remember the debut night it aired really clearly, especially The Brak Show, Aqua-teen, and Cowboy Bebop. That's the shit that me and my brother bonded to back in those days. I still am an avid viewer, ordinarily I watch it at night before I go to sleep. Some of my Favorite shows comedy-wise is Aqua-teen hunger force, The Brak Show, The Boondocks, The Venture Bros, Metalocalypse, and Sealab. Anime, I would say Yu-Yu Hakasho, Cowboy Bebop, Bleach, Trigun, and Samurai Champloo.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
03.01.2009 - 19:15
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by LeChron James on 30.12.2008 at 07:21

Some of the shows on Adult Swim are straight up RETARDED. i dont know any other way to describe them. even if you're baked outta your skull, some of the shows arent that funny.

I can Definitly agree here. AS has come up with some stupid shit in the past years. But there are two shows that I hate above all other Shows, shows that I can't even grasp HOW they were able to make it on telivision, and this is Tom Goes to the Mayor and Tim and Eric's Awsome Show; Great Job. They're basically the same damn show, and they both suck horribly. Every time I try to watch them it's like putting myself through 15 minutes of pain and torture, and I've only ever made it through a whole episode of tim and eric three times without going insane and turning off the TV before I kill somthing......I HATE those shows.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

03.01.2009 - 19:19
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Hrothdane on 10.11.2008 at 05:35

besides bleach (my guilty pleasure)....

Hey, not a damn thing wrong with Bleach. It's a great show with good plot and character development. The only problem is that after the whole "Rescue Rukia" ark, it gets to suffering some DBZ symptoms (characters are retardedly powerful, everything becomes over the top, and the plotline recieves too much repitition, as well as adding characters that could really be done without.)
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

03.01.2009 - 20:01
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
A lot of the new shows coming out are starting stale. Its probably because they have the same couple people making every show. they might need to start pulling people unknown into the spotlight to freshen in up a bit
----
Coldgrits
04.01.2009 - 03:57
Deadgirl
Metalocalypse is my favorite as show. I also really like Venture Brothers, Home Movies, Lucy, Moral Orel, etc all those ones.

Also, Aqua Teen Hunger Force is the bane of my existence. I hate that show so much. lol

As for Adult Swim having good anime... To be honest, I think the anime they show is really boring. It's all the same stuff that everyone is so obsessed with. For good anime, I'd say you're better off finding something obscure or asking someone who isn't really into these "mainstream" sort of shows. That's not to say they aren't good in their own right, but in terms of the stuff shown on Adult Swim or even just on Cartoon Network as a whole, there's much better stuff out there.
The last anime show they had on that I liked and kept watching was Death Note...
----
Remember that you are mortal.
04.01.2009 - 05:46
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Deadgirl on 04.01.2009 at 03:57

Also, Aqua Teen Hunger Force is the bane of my existence. I hate that show so much. lol

Hey,hey. Hold on just second there. You better have a damn good reason for hating ATHF so much
----
Coldgrits
04.01.2009 - 09:33
Zombie, M.D.
Squidbillies, Moral Orel and Tim and Erics Awesome Show are the only shows I really watch on there. The other ones are all pretty much the same show with different animators.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
04.01.2009 - 11:30
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Shit, how could I forget Moral Orel. I think it's bullshit that Mike Lazlo had it cancelled...
by the way, what's everyone think about Shin-Chan.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

04.01.2009 - 11:32
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Deadgirl on 04.01.2009 at 03:57

Metalocalypse is my favorite as show. I also really like Venture Brothers, Home Movies, Lucy, Moral Orel, etc all those ones.

As for Adult Swim having good anime... To be honest, I think the anime they show is really boring. It's all the same stuff that everyone is so obsessed with. For good anime, I'd say you're better off finding something obscure or asking someone who isn't really into these "mainstream" sort of shows. That's not to say they aren't good in their own right, but in terms of the stuff shown on Adult Swim or even just on Cartoon Network as a whole, there's much better stuff out there.
The last anime show they had on that I liked and kept watching was Death Note...

Strange, but judging from your avatar, I'd say you were quite the Code Geass fan.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

04.01.2009 - 19:00
Nexus
Asshat
I absolutely love Aqua Teen Hunger Force! The amount of hours I've watched watching that ridiculously funny show, it's insane. I haven't seen that show in such a while, though as I have no means to anymore :[.

I watch Metalocalypse on occasion, and admittedly it's rather hilarious. However, just like ATHF, I don't have to means to watch it, except when I go over to my friend's place. And usually at that point, I'm too drunk to pay attention.
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
05.01.2009 - 08:39
Deadgirl
Written by Arian Totalis on 04.01.2009 at 11:32

Strange, but judging from your avatar, I'd say you were quite the Code Geass fan.

My avatar? Actually it's from a video game... It's the main character from Persona 3. Oh, and Shin-chan rules, btw. My first exposure to it was actually in high school Japanese class, although why we watched that show I don't know. The thing I remember most was he was with one of the girls (her name escapes me at the moment, sorry) and they saw a bird with a broken wing who was about to be attacked by a cat. She was like omg Shin-chan do something and, in the Japanese version at least (*hasn't seen this ep in English*), his solution is to take off his pants, put them on his head, and run at the cat screaming, "I'm Ass-Face!!"

DC: Uh... I don't like ATHF because it's just not that funny to me. *shrug* I don't really know how to explain it in detail. I just don't really like the humor. o_O It's awkward cause I've had countless people tell me, thinking I had judged without watching, how much I'd love that show. But at least let me assure you that I made that decision after having seen most of the episodes. So at least there's that.
----
05.01.2009 - 21:58
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Arian Totalis on 04.01.2009 at 11:30

Shit, how could I forget Moral Orel. I think it's bullshit that Mike Lazlo had it cancelled...

If you're talking about that anime that had the worst kind of drawing ever... I think it was great. Stupid shit that you just had to laugh sometimes. The mother was crazy btw...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
06.01.2009 - 06:49
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by X-Ray Rod on 05.01.2009 at 21:58

Written by Arian Totalis on 04.01.2009 at 11:30

If you're talking about that anime that had the worst kind of drawing ever... I think it was great. Stupid shit that you just had to laugh sometimes. The mother was crazy btw...

whats up with shin-chan anyway? are they actual translations or are they just adding thing words that correlate with the motions. If they AREN'T straight translations then Japan is a bit more weird then I thought it was, and I already thought it was pretty strange
----
Coldgrits
06.01.2009 - 14:15
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by -DC-002- on 06.01.2009 at 06:49

whats up with shin-chan anyway? are they actual translations or are they just adding thing words that correlate with the motions. If they AREN'T straight translations then Japan is a bit more weird then I thought it was, and I already thought it was pretty strange

It wouldn't surprise me... Japan is the strangest country IMO.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
07.01.2009 - 18:51
Deadgirl
Written by -DC-002- on 06.01.2009 at 06:49

I don't know if they're exact translations, because I haven't seen the entire series in Japanese... But if you mean like, is it the same show in Japanese that it is in English? Well, sorta. The English dub has waaaay more adult content, overall, than anything I've seen or heard about the original Crayon Shin-chan. A lot of the characters are really different, though. It's maybe better to say that the English dub of Shin-chan is based on Crayon Shin-chan or like... inspired by Crayon Shin-chan. lol
The ending theme ("Party Join Us") is the same though, btw. XD It's a translation of one of the Japanese ending themes for Crayon Shin-chan.
----