Metal Storm logo
Vanden Plas

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 02.07.2006 - 21:57
This band deserves a topic. I've heard only Beyond Daylight but it's amazing! Any opinoins on them?
And sure I'll check out their other discs too!
16.12.2010 - 12:57
Angelic Storm
Melodious
@Lyrinan: Yep, that's pretty much how it is for me too. "Christ. 0" was a phenomenal album, and one of my all time fave prog metal albums. Compared to that, "The Seraphic Clockwork" left me feeling a bit underwhelmed. After a few listens, I found quite a bit to like about it, and it's definitely not a bad album. There's some good stuff on it, but it's a bit flat. "Christ. 0" is a very engaging album, that captivates and draws you into it. And this is what their latest album lacks. Some songs are good, like "Scar Of An Angel" which is actually an amazing song, but the album as a whole is a bit uninspired.
17.12.2010 - 03:58
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Written by Susan on 16.12.2010 at 07:54

These songs are beautiful but they're nearly lost in the mist of a foggy album; too much mid tempo, too much "typical Vanden Plas" without taking us on any new journeys, really.
you nailed it if this was a review
----
loves 小巫
05.02.2011 - 12:44
blatantandy
Vanden plas have become one of my favorite bands over the last year. "Seraphic clockwork" was actually my top new album of last year, I loved it. Alongside "Beyond Daylight" and "Christ 0" it makes an excellent trilogy, that would be recommended for anyone to try out.