Metal Storm logo
My Dying Bride - New Album Details Revealed

"For Lies I Sire" is the title of the forthcoming opus of My Dying Bride, their tenth studio album. No official release date has yet been given, but we have been given a glimpse of what is to come in the album title and the track list, which reads as follows:

01. Fall With Me
02. My Body, A Funeral
03. The Lies I Sire
04. Bring Me Victory
05. Echoes From A Hollow Soul
06. ShadowHaunt
07. Santuario Di Sangue
08. A Chapter in Loathing
09. Death Triumphant

Source: mydyingbride.org
Band profile: My Dying Bride
Posted: 17.11.2008 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 34   Visited by: 178 users
17.11.2008 - 20:48
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Thats good news to hear. I'll be excited for this release and even though they don't tour that much, I'll hold a candle of hope for a chance at a U.S. tour
----
Coldgrits
17.11.2008 - 20:48
Tony Harrison
I have no arms..
Not overly struck on the album title, still, like most of their stuff looking forward to hearing it although none of their past few albums have really blown me away.
----
This is an outrage...
17.11.2008 - 21:00
deathovertime
Account deleted
Typical album title and song names for them, I'm really looking forward to hearing this whenever it comes out.
17.11.2008 - 21:02
kaylamacgavin
Interesting, well I'm looking forward to hearing some new material. . . It would be great if a N. American tour were to come of this :
18.11.2008 - 00:36
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Really interesting news from My Dying Bride camp and I'm looking forward to this new opus.
18.11.2008 - 00:49
Stuart
MiseryKing
And they've got a violinist back so should be interesting!
18.11.2008 - 01:49
Symmachus
Ah, I am awaiting the release of this album. However, I want to know if Sarah Stanton is totally out of the band. My Dying Bride could update their line-up section of their official website. I sure hope this album sees the light of day in 2009. I get annoyed by delays. This album has the potential to be great, since violin is back in My Dying Bride in the form of Katie Stone.
18.11.2008 - 10:00
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Nice news and beautiful names for songs. I think they would give us a valuable album.
18.11.2008 - 10:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Interesting I hope I wont be disapointed and , if its wont be so sucky how % I wont, hope thay wont change sound too
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.11.2008 - 13:02
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Can't wait, I hope in another MDB great album, their last one is good but not a masterpiece as Songs of Darkness or Dreadful Hours...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
18.11.2008 - 19:25
Mark
Account deleted
Can't wait for the new release - all MDB albums are excellent!
18.11.2008 - 19:50
Bleak
Account deleted
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THATS THE SHIT RIGHT THERE...
18.11.2008 - 20:10
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
I hope that this will be better than the last one that was really weak. But I trust this guys.

Is it me.. or the titles sound that they came from a flower metal band?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.11.2008 - 22:18
Malaz ...
The best news that's i heard this month
----
Sorrow man ...
18.11.2008 - 22:59
Mechman
The album title and tracklisting both sound very promising. Seems that they invested much effort in it - for me, it wins the title album of the year by definition!
19.11.2008 - 11:17
DanielViking
The kings of doom will come back. good news for doom metal since after the last weak album of my dying bride seems that doom metal died a bit as well. let's hope that this one could be better.
19.11.2008 - 12:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by DanielViking on 19.11.2008 at 11:17

after the last weak album of my dying bride seems that doom metal died a bit as well.

I really DON'T understand this statement.
Doom metal is stronger than EVER before and there are loads and loads and loads of bands that are way better than My Dying Bride. Maybe you're just looking at mainstream doom but the underground has never been more vibrant. Loads of GREAT doom releases this year from small to medium big bands. And all far superior to the last couple of My Dying Bride albums.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.11.2008 - 16:11
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I can only concur with Marcel here. It's been a great year for Doooooooom.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
19.11.2008 - 21:07
DanielViking
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.11.2008 at 12:45

after the last weak album of my dying bride seems that doom metal died a bit as well.

Doom metal is stronger than EVER before and there are loads and loads and loads of bands that are way better than My Dying Bride. Maybe you're just looking at mainstream doom but the underground has never been more vibrant. Loads of GREAT doom releases this year from small to medium big bands. And all far superior to the last couple of My Dying Bride albums.

i'm not much into doom metal, altough it's a genre that is a bit forgotten. don't know really why... maybe because of lack of quality. where's those great bands you've heard? any names?
20.11.2008 - 07:15
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by DanielViking on 19.11.2008 at 21:07

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.11.2008 at 12:45

i'm not much into doom metal, altough it's a genre that is a bit forgotten. don't know really why... maybe because of lack of quality. where's those great bands you've heard? any names?

Candlemass (of course), Krux, Warning, Griftegard, Skepticism, Worship, St. Vitus, The Obsessed, Pagan Altar (although borderline doom), Forsaken, The Gates Of Slumber, Mourning Beloveth, Graveyard Dirt, Faal, Isole, Coffins, Indesinence, Reverend Bizarre, Esoteric (currently by far the best extreme doom band), The Lamp Of Thoth, Officium Triste, Mirror Of Deception, Akelei, Ataraxie, Funeralium, Centurions Ghost, Mournful Congregation, Longing For Dawn, Evoken, Heavy Lord, Pantheist, Jack Frost, Imindain, Worship, Church Of Misery, Trouble, Mar De Grises Poema Arcanus, Lord Vicar.
Btw all these bands are imo, and also that have quite a few others, way superior to My Dying Bride.
And all those are just a couple of the names to immediately pop up in my mind when thinking about good to great doom.

The reason the genre is underground doesn't have to do with the lack of quality but more with the nature of the music. It is music not targeted at the masses (unlike gothic metal, European power metal, death metal etc.) and it is music you have to take your time for since the average song will be 7 minutes at least and 60 minutes max. And people nowadays don't want to take the time for it. Another reason for its impopularity is that metalheads generall only lap up what is spoon fed to them by the metal media and labels. Metalheads are lazy and unwilling to search for themselves and usually want to be instantly gratified.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.11.2008 - 16:04
velvet
Surely it depends on what sort of doom you're after. If I'm in the mood for some funeral doom, i certainly don't grab a MDB album off my shelf... To say MDB represent the whole kaboodle of Doom metal is almost as sinful as proclaiming them as mainstream!

Oh, and @ Marcel (much as i love most of the bands you've listed) to say Candlemass > MDB!?! Hell no!
20.11.2008 - 17:01
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by velvet on 20.11.2008 at 16:04

Surely it depends on what sort of doom you're after. If I'm in the mood for some funeral doom, i certainly don't grab a MDB album off my shelf... To say MDB represent the whole kaboodle of Doom metal is almost as sinful as proclaiming them as mainstream!

Oh, and @ Marcel (much as i love most of the bands you've listed) to say Candlemass > MDB!?! Hell no!

IMO Candlemass are way way better, same applies for Solitude Aetrunus (whom I forgot to mention earlier on ) Plus what also helps in my case is the arrogance of My Dying Bride (or to be more precis a couple of the band members) who think they are above everyone else and should be treated like kings backstage and by their supporting acts.

Btw, I never said MDB were mainstream. Not a single doom band is mainstream. They are however mainstream in appeal when comparing them to other doom bands (excluding Candlemass that is)
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.11.2008 - 17:33
velvet
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.11.2008 at 17:01

Written by velvet on 20.11.2008 at 16:04

IMO Candlemass are way way better, same applies for Solitude Aetrunus (whom I forgot to mention earlier on ) Plus what also helps in my case is the arrogance of My Dying Bride (or to be more precis a couple of the band members) who think they are above everyone else and should be treated like kings backstage and by their supporting acts.

Btw, I never said MDB were mainstream. Not a single doom band is mainstream. They are however mainstream in appeal when comparing them to other doom bands (excluding Candlemass that is)

Don't worry, the mainstream comment wasn't aimed at you ^^! Solitude A I'll give you m/ but I'll eat my own liver before you'll convince me over Candlemass.
I hadn't heard that MDB were, ahem, difficult to work with, but it doesn't surprise me. Especially after all of Stainthorpe's comments about 'i hate performing, i don't do it for the audience' ... they still put on an awesome show imho though. But hell, doom and drink and I'm easily pleased.
20.11.2008 - 17:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by velvet on 20.11.2008 at 17:33

Don't worry, the mainstream comment wasn't aimed at you ^^! Solitude A I'll give you m/ but I'll eat my own liver before you'll convince me over Candlemass.
I hadn't heard that MDB were, ahem, difficult to work with, but it doesn't surprise me. Especially after all of Stainthorpe's comments about 'i hate performing, i don't do it for the audience' ... they still put on an awesome show imho though. But hell, doom and drink and I'm easily pleased.

Don't eat your own liver. I'll have it instead with some nice Chianti
As for the people in MDB, yes it is apparently Stainsthorpe but also mr Hamish "thieving magpie" Glenncross.
Oh I don't mind seeing MDB as long as they don't play any of the % stuff and anything off Deathless Kings, it is just that I find the other bands way better, plus that MDB does go over the top with the fake emotions a lot of times.
But for me it's also, beer, doom, good company (if that's around) and I am pleased. Just ask Lucas and Collin if I had a blast at Dutch Doom Days or not
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.11.2008 - 17:50
velvet
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.11.2008 at 17:43

Written by velvet on 20.11.2008 at 17:33

Don't eat your own liver. I'll have it instead with some nice Chianti
As for the people in MDB, yes it is apparently Stainsthorpe but also mr Hamish "thieving magpie" Glenncross.
Oh I don't mind seeing MDB as long as they don't play any of the % stuff and anything off Deathless Kings, it is just that I find the other bands way better, plus that MDB does go over the top with the fake emotions a lot of times.
But for me it's also, beer, doom, good company (if that's around) and I am pleased. Just ask Lucas and Collin if I had a blast at Dutch Doom Days or not

You went to DDDs... I loathe you. You are dead to me, officially.
damn work, damn work and again, damn work
20.11.2008 - 17:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by velvet on 20.11.2008 at 17:50

You went to DDDs... I loathe you. You are dead to me, officially.
damn work, damn work and again, damn work

Yes, MS staff was three men strong there. Review will be on-line soon.

Guess where I am going in April?

First... Officium Triste's 15th Anniversary show where they will be supported by Mournful Congregation and... your favourite... Longing For Dawn, and rumour has it also Evoken.

Then a week later off to Doom Shall Rise in Germany.

And a further week later off to Roadburn (if I can get hold of a ticket that is) where St. Vitus will be doing a reunion show.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.11.2008 - 22:44
DanielViking
Marcel H. you don't like cathedral and the beginnings of black sabbath?
20.11.2008 - 22:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by DanielViking on 20.11.2008 at 22:44

Marcel H. you don't like cathedral and the beginnings of black sabbath?

Black Sabbath (with Ozzy) of course I like and Cathedral it varies from album to album. I only named the bands that instantly popped up into my mind (thus even forgetting the Godly Solitude Aeturnus ) But there is so many more doom bands than the ones I mentioned and all of an extremely high quality.
When looking at the doom scene and comparing it to other scenes I see there is way more quality quantity ratio is just sooo much better within the doom scene than in any of the other scenes. OKay there are crappy doom bands as well, but they are far fewer than crappy bands in other scenes IMO (although I am a huge thrash fan as well it is safe to say that at least 60% of all thrash bands are crap, whereas in doom I think 30% at most of the bands aren't good.)
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.11.2008 - 23:09
DanielViking
I'm not a big fan of doom as you can see... i only like some bands... my basis are classic heavy metal so... very distant from doom
20.11.2008 - 23:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by DanielViking on 20.11.2008 at 23:09

I'm not a big fan of doom as you can see... i only like some bands... my basis are classic heavy metal so... very distant from doom

If your basis is classic heavy metal then check out Witchfinder General, Pagan Altar, The Lamp Of Thoth, Forsaken. All doom bands which are heavily rooted in classic New Wave Of British Heavy Metal, although Forsaken has moved more towards a Candlemass type of sound on their last two.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 4181 | This month: 12