Metal Storm logo
People you have influenced to get into metal?

19.11.2008 - 19:30
-Soulreaper-
I was just wondering if there is anyone in your life that you have inspired or influenced to get into metal? For example, I got my 13 year old brother into a few metal bands and now he can't get enough of it. I introduced bands like Amon Amarth, Tyr, Opeth, and Slayer. He had been listening to Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth and a couple others before but I think I gave him the nudge he needed to get into a little heavier stuff. Also I got my wife into some more extreme bands like Burzum, Darkthrone, Bloodbath, Morbid Angel and others. Now she we will come home and I hear her blasting Cancer of the Soul or some other heavy stuff. Anyways, would like to hear you experiences.
19.11.2008 - 20:17
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
A few of my roommates while I was in the dorm in University...I would be playing a lot of metal and they would keep asking me what bands they were and I find out later on that they buy the albums and they come with me to shows...
19.11.2008 - 20:49
Janne
Hugin
One of my classmates. I show him some Ensiferum, Eluveitie and Korpiklaani last year and we were at Paganfest, together!
And since then he listenes to more metal than anything else. (He used to listen to alter and rock)
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
19.11.2008 - 21:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Huh I wont give a names but beeing a metalhead I isnupiated and talk much about metal in school, leitehr in internet world, now in university, I cant say if someone because of me was more metalhead how I, but some bands what I sugest in my town, all was so jeliuss that I know bands what tahy do not, but if people ha si net in home and thay cant find MA, MS whatever, its not mine problem
So non of male female people what i know hasnt been more metalhead, but I had introduce more unknown bands for true metalheads what I know, lathly in internet
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.11.2008 - 01:09
BrightNight
Well, my dad let me grow up with the early metalbands and the pioneers, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple....Maiden and so on. And now im letting my parents listen to a bit heavier stuff and new bands they did not know about. So they are again more intrested in the music.

Furthermore i let my girlfriend in more different metal genres and bands she would otherwise would not listen to, and now plays them the whole day!. And i influenced my little brother and some friends with some bands, which brought them into the heavy metal scene more.
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."
20.11.2008 - 08:23
Nightmare^
Hm...First of all, my little brother. I remember some years ago, when he was borrowing some of my cds, mostly Iced Earth and buying a few of his own. One day, he came into my room and said "give me something heavier". He's like 16 years old now, has been listening to metal since he was 10 or somthing, and now he's pretty much into the same bands i am, like Behemoth or Necrophagist. God Job kid

Then was a friend of mine back in high school. He was into hard rock and stuff, so i gave him one day some heavier stuff a few Iron Maiden cds. Since then i think he's been listening to this kind of stuff. As for anyone else i can't tell for sure, but i've surely influenced some people not into metal generally, just maybe bands. When i was listening something new, i was sure to tell others about it
----
20.11.2008 - 09:21
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Well, two of my friends got into metal thanks to me, but they can't be saved, they listen to crap almost all time, just imagine Black Sabbath and then Britney Spears on their iTunes jajaja
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
20.11.2008 - 10:44
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
No-one so far lol I got some people to listen to a few songs, that's all. Two friends of mine but they really didn't get into metal, they just liked a few songs.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
20.11.2008 - 13:18
Hrothdane
I "accidentally" left ghost opera (kamelot), twilight in olympus (symphony x), and into the electric castle (ayreon) in my friends car
A couple days after I get a call from him raving about how awesome they were and how I should have told him how awesome they were (I had several times).

Another friend got Holy Diver after he heard me listening to it lol
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
20.11.2008 - 15:13
-Soulreaper-
Written by Hrothdane on 20.11.2008 at 13:18

I "accidentally" left ghost opera (kamelot), twilight in olympus (symphony x), and into the electric castle (ayreon) in my friends car
A couple days after I get a call from him raving about how awesome they were and how I should have told him how awesome they were (I had several times).

Hah, the same thing pretty much happened with my dad. I had left Opeth - Ghost Reveries and God Dethroned - Toxic Touch, in his car and he liked them so much the next day he went to the metal store down the street from were I lived and bought the whole discography for both bands. I thought it was pretty funny because I had already told him they were both awesome bands, but he didnt want to listen.
20.11.2008 - 18:40
Metalbound7
Well, one of my highschool classmates, i get him into Metal with Sonata Arctica and Metallica and now he always ask me for new bands, he just went to a Helloween and Gamma Ray concerts a few weeks ago. I get into Metal my brother, he is not that Metal, but he started to play Bass thanks too me and now he have his own band and they play mainly Metal covers. I get some more people but they are more posers than real Metalheads, i feel shame for them and im repented to show them the Metal.
20.11.2008 - 23:21
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
A friend of mine who only likes rock and soft stuff like Sigur Ros... and dislikes metal. I got him into it a little bit. First with some post-rock band like Mono and then get heavier with Neurosis. I also showed him motörhead.

Also a classmates that likes too much Flower metal so I showed him Diablo Swing Orchestra and he loved it... Something that it's not cliche at all.
----
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
20.11.2008 - 23:36
Hrothdane
Written by X-Ray Rod on 20.11.2008 at 23:21

Also a classmates that likes too much Flower metal

I'm amazed at all the "flower metal" fans you guys seem to have over there, considering they are virtually non-existent here in the endless sea of slipkock and bullet for my vagina fans. How about we trade?
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
20.11.2008 - 23:40
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Hrothdane on 20.11.2008 at 23:36

Written by X-Ray Rod on 20.11.2008 at 23:21

Also a classmates that likes too much Flower metal

I'm amazed at all the "flower metal" fans you guys seem to have over there, considering they are virtually non-existent here in the endless sea of slipkock and bullet for my vagina fans. How about we trade?

At least the flower metal bands are more metal than that nu/metalcore shit... No fucking way I trade. I jsut started with showing them alittle more black and thrash .. I can't stop teaching them since they need me jejeje ^^
----
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
20.11.2008 - 23:47
Abattoir
Staff
Well I only get my cousin into metal. Well he listens mostly power and folk metal (Ensiferum, Wintersun, Korpiklaani, Sonata Arctica, Blind Guardian, Hammerfall, and so on)...no heavier staff. He doesn't like growls to much (in death and black metal).
21.11.2008 - 05:31
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...my parents are into cheesy metal thanx to me lol...one of my friends got into death metal because i made him listen to it while we studied, 3 of my classmates got into metal because i gave them a lift home everyday during the career...hmm...i guess that's it
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
21.11.2008 - 16:19
Elio
Red Nightmare
Some friends, but mostly for some songs...
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
21.11.2008 - 17:27
Ernis
狼獾
A schoolmate of mine...she was interested and so I copied some Nightwish and Epica into her laptop....
23.11.2008 - 21:46
ãtuã
I try to influence everybody: I am known by some as the "semeador do metal" which means like metal seeder or something
29.11.2008 - 15:05
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
Well 1 person, my friend listens to pop music, but i kept bugging her with stuff like nightwish and within temptation, agalloch and nile...nile freaked her out, but she likes symphonic metal now...

I have influenced 2 people into different kinds of metal...my dad into black and death metal, and my boyfriend into black/ambient, he mainly listens to power metal heh...
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
29.11.2008 - 22:21
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
I got my cousin into metal he heard me listening to Iron Maiden and that where it all started, I've also influnced about three of my friends, because i keep on playing metal in my car so after a while my mates started asking me to give them some albums and now they listen to metal all the time
04.12.2008 - 06:27
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...i was surprised last week because i phoned my mom asking her if she coulf plz buy my iron maiden tickets, 4 peers where there with me and asked me to buy tickets for them too...quite odd because i knew they liked some songs but they are so excited about the concert...i'm glad it's my fault lol
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
04.12.2008 - 08:04
thesabbathfan
My bands drummer

back about grade 6... i disovered metal and showed it to him

and off on his journey he started!
----
04.12.2008 - 09:11
Bleak
Account deleted
Ok first was my classmate....he was like "I like BLUE, BACK STREET BOYS AND A1"
and 4 weeks later he was like "i like Draconian, Slayer and Opeth"

and there are like 13 other ppl...
i guess metal music is realy atractive X))
08.12.2008 - 23:05
Saitenhexerin
My best friend...now we two girls go to every concert we can get to! I met her one year ago and in the meanwhile we saw Iron Maiden, Edguy, Avantasia, Deep Purple...^^
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
09.12.2008 - 00:18
Warman
Erotic Stains
Well, my classmates influenced me to get into Metal with Iron Maiden and Metallica. Haha, but today I'm the guy they always go to whenever they want some advices about music. I haven't really got anyone fully into Metal, just genres and some occasional bands.
----
09.12.2008 - 06:07
iaberis
Advice Troll
I've influenced quite a lot, mostly friends of me...
----
Bitch! Please
09.12.2008 - 07:26
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
My roommates listen to my music. my youngest brother has my entire music library, hes basically my clone.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
09.12.2008 - 15:06
-Soulreaper-
Written by LeChron James on 09.12.2008 at 07:26

my youngest brother has my entire music library, hes basically my clone.

Yeah, pretty much the same with my little brother.
10.12.2008 - 05:34
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by -Soulreaper- on 09.12.2008 at 15:06

Written by LeChron James on 09.12.2008 at 07:26

my youngest brother has my entire music library, hes basically my clone.

Yeah, pretty much the same with my little brother.

i went wrong with my middle brother somehow. he turned into a jock and listens to rap and nothing but rap. it isnt even good rap. hes the most unidimensional child i have ever met.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.