Metal Storm logo
Darkthrone - Working On New Material Again

Darkthrone's Ted "Nocturno Culto" Skjellum has issued the following update:

"Winter is most definitly full-on here now, and I'm enjoying the feeling of isolation as best as I can. Great! That out of the way, I will first thank Fenriz for doing a great job on the Darkthrone Official MySpace, du brenner for saken, bokstavelig talt! And to all of you who send me words through this site. Winter means a bit more activety indoors for me, so I'll give it my best shot to maintain this cyber-cage.

"Dark Thrones And Black Flags" is, well, history for me now, since the planning and songwriting for a new album is well under way. We enjoyed recording it and looking forward to the 13th of December when we pull the trigger for a new album. There are small details this time around that will most likely result in a slight different sound and "feeling". Seems pointless to mention such stuff here, but I can assure you that both Fenriz and me looking forward to this. The first session of a new record is always exciting+ since it do set some fundamental standards... at least in our heads... well, at least in MY head then. Working the way we do now is such a blizz it's hard to describe."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Darkthrone
Posted: 27.11.2008 by SlaytallicA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 170 users
27.11.2008 - 16:44
Judas
The Amputator
Damn, Darkthrone are so bloody prolific with these albums. They just churn them out, one after another, with a minimum of fuss. And what's more, they're always decent efforts!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
27.11.2008 - 19:23
amarchand

I agree, it's crazy that they're already writing and planning recording this soon after DTaBF, i hope there's a little bit of a return to their older "signature" sound, but I'm not really expecting that at all. It would be funny if the new album was viking metal
27.11.2008 - 19:39
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Hahahahha i dont think Nocturno Culto likes the album. either that or hes sick of hearing the same songs over and over again.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
27.11.2008 - 19:44
RhysTerk

Haha, OF COURSE they are writing on new material
27.11.2008 - 21:50
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
OMFG... Are this guys taking steroids or what?!
DTBF was realised this year and they are writing another one now?

Damn... well, I can't be mad at them since I really like their new style
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
27.11.2008 - 21:52
Arcesse Eum

Ok... this is ridiculous, they need to slow down and do some side projects or something. Go back to Neptune Towers:wall:
----
As above, so below.
27.11.2008 - 22:23
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Wow already. these guys are workhorses for sure. to bad they never tour. but that probably makes it easier to crank out albums.
----
Coldgrits
27.11.2008 - 23:10
TheBigRossowski

Written by Arcesse Eum on 27.11.2008 at 21:52

Ok... this is ridiculous, they need to slow down and do some side projects or something. Go back to Neptune Towers:wall:

I actually agree with you here. This is getting to be too much. They keep cranking out CDs like diahhrea! I think they just have a quota on their contract of so many albums; they're just trying to reach that point so they can finally give it up. I mean, the albums are all good efforts, but its happening ridiculously fast.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
28.11.2008 - 03:11
Warman
Erotic Stains
This is insane.
----
28.11.2008 - 06:32
Arcesse Eum

Written by TheBigRossowski on 27.11.2008 at 23:10

Written by Arcesse Eum on 27.11.2008 at 21:52

I actually agree with you here. This is getting to be too much. They keep cranking out CDs like diahhrea! I think they just have a quota on their contract of so many albums; they're just trying to reach that point so they can finally give it up. I mean, the albums are all good efforts, but its happening ridiculously fast.

That could be one hypothesis, the other being that they just get high and don't want to get real jobs so they churn out catchy albums with very little thought attached to them for Peaceville to masturbate to...
----
As above, so below.
28.11.2008 - 07:56
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Back writing again - they're an album machine!!
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
28.11.2008 - 08:32
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Well they do work hard for sure, but at the same time they probably have a lot of control with the record company that other bands dont have. A lot of old bands like KISS, Alice Cooper, Saxon etc were putting out an album a year, and a good chunk of the time it was solid stuff too. I think the record companies putting in that release album-tour that album & write next album-release album-tour that album & write next album-.... pattern is partly the reason many bands don't do this, otherwise I think many bands would actually have the capability to do so.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
28.11.2008 - 10:32
Sunioj

Oh gawd.
29.11.2008 - 11:06
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Doc G. on 28.11.2008 at 08:32

Well they do work hard for sure, but at the same time they probably have a lot of control with the record company that other bands dont have. A lot of old bands like KISS, Alice Cooper, Saxon etc were putting out an album a year, and a good chunk of the time it was solid stuff too. I think the record companies putting in that release album-tour that album & write next album-release album-tour that album & write next album-.... pattern is partly the reason many bands don't do this, otherwise I think many bands would actually have the capability to do so.

I like the, album every other year thing going on with most bands. it gives me time to find other music and get in a good comfort zone with the recent release.
----
Coldgrits
29.11.2008 - 11:17
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by -DC-002- on 29.11.2008 at 11:06

Written by Doc G. on 28.11.2008 at 08:32

I like the, album every other year thing going on with most bands. it gives me time to find other music and get in a good comfort zone with the recent release.

Thats good and bad, when you have creative momentum it can be easy to make 2 albums within 2 years which both sound good. I mean, yeah a band should be allowed to take 2-4 years with an album if need be, but if they have the momentum (which Darkthrone seems to have endless amounts of), then the record company should allow them to make albums this frequently.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
30.11.2008 - 03:35
selken
Irreligious
This is starting to become boring
----
01.12.2008 - 22:42
ropobipitopo

INSANE, WICKED!!

Hits total: 3892 | This month: 2