Metal Storm logo
The Angelic Process

04.12.2008 - 12:16
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Was listening back through their old albums and thought it fitting to create a thread given the immense quality of the music. The now sadly departed K.Angylus has given us 3 albums and 1 EP of beautiful, emotive and reflective soundscapes both simultaneously crushing, gentle and almost completely unique. All their albums are pretty much in the same vein which is no bad thing considering how genius it is, but it does make it hard to choose a favourite.

Does anyone know why they're not on Metal Archives? I've always considered tAP a more metal version of Nadja and they're on there.

Anyway it's a sad fact knowing they'll never be anymore of this music.

Myspace:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=46479972
04.12.2008 - 15:08
Stigmatized
I found out about T.A.P from Lucas' review of "Weighing Souls With Sand" here on MS. They've since become one of my favorite artists. Everything they did was phenomenal and it really is a shame that K. Angylus is gone.

I personally don't consider them metal really. The do have a metallic sound but I like to look at them as simply atmospheric music.
04.12.2008 - 15:19
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 04.12.2008 at 12:16

Does anyone know why they're not on Metal Archives? I've always considered tAP a more metal version of Nadja and they're on there.

Somehow I always thought they were on Metal-Archives. BNut weird they aren't on there and Nadja is.
It is cases such as this one that confuses the hell out of me when it comes to MA.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.12.2008 - 15:27
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.12.2008 at 15:19

Somehow I always thought they were on Metal-Archives. BNut weird they aren't on there and Nadja is.
It is cases such as this one that confuses the hell out of me when it comes to MA.

I can't be case of them simply being overlooked, they've a pretty good reputation. Guess it's the whole "selective" thing going on again.
04.12.2008 - 15:30
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Stigmatized on 04.12.2008 at 15:08

I found out about T.A.P from Lucas' review of "Weighing Souls With Sand" here on MS. They've since become one of my favorite artists. Everything they did was phenomenal and it really is a shame that K. Angylus is gone.

I personally don't consider them metal really. The do have a metallic sound but I like to look at them as simply atmospheric music.

I agree with you I just simply mean compared to Nadja they're far more "metal", the fact they have discernible guitars and structures for one thing.
04.12.2008 - 15:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 04.12.2008 at 15:27

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.12.2008 at 15:19

I can't be case of them simply being overlooked, they've a pretty good reputation. Guess it's the whole "selective" thing going on again.

Yeah this is definitely the case of being "selective" like not including The Dillinger Escape PLan but having Burnt By The Sun and The end on there rigth from their starts.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.12.2008 - 20:57
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I know for a fact that the MA user Caspian, who's taste in music I greatly respect, has requested a profile for The Angelic Process, but saw his request denied. Why? No idea. It's just one of the examples of MA's at times strange policy.

As for the band in question... well, what can I say about them? I bought their "Weighing Souls With Sand" album on a whim, and was blown away. Overwhelmed. Just as with Stiggy, they rank among my favourite artists ever. I've got some other stuff from them: "Coma Waering", "We All Die Laughing" and the "Sigh" ep. Not as great as WSWS, but good too.

When K. Angylus passed away it was a sad day, but as far as lost musical expentancies, I wasn't expecting too much of them anyway. It may sound weird, but think about it: WSWS was a masterpiece and he had his hand injure. I believe he even posted he doubted if he could ever play again.

Anywayzzz, a really unique and one of a kind band and sound. If anybody knows a band with the some overwhelming, crushing and beautiful sound, let me know about it. And the other posters in this thread, I reckon.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
14.12.2008 - 20:00
Stigmatized
Written by Lucas on 04.12.2008 at 20:57

I know for a fact that the MA user Caspian, who's taste in music I greatly respect, has requested a profile for The Angelic Process, but saw his request denied. Why? No idea. It's just one of the examples of MA's at times strange policy.

That guy Caspian just posted a review for Warning's "Watching From a Distance", and it's an opinion on the record I haven't heard yet, to say the least.
14.12.2008 - 20:26
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Stigmatized on 14.12.2008 at 20:00

That guy Caspian just posted a review for Warning's "Watching From a Distance", and it's an opinion on the record I haven't heard yet, to say the least.

Wow, that's indeed quite a different take on the album.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
14.12.2008 - 22:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
About this caspian guy he has some weird ratings...
Rating Striborg high, okay the band is Australian like him but my god, he must be deaf...

And to top it off the new Metallica got a 93 from him...

And btw Warning's masterpiece was bound to get some of those reviews because there are always people who think they are cool by slagging off a masterpiece. But read it it is all subjective nothing objective in there at all/
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.12.2008 - 22:51
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.12.2008 at 22:43

But read it it is all subjective nothing objective in there at all/

he even thinks, and I quote: "this'll sell like hotcakes". Uh yeah right. two thousand max?
----

14.12.2008 - 23:01
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Lucas on 14.12.2008 at 22:51

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.12.2008 at 22:43

But read it it is all subjective nothing objective in there at all/

he even thinks, and I quote: "this'll sell like hotcakes". Uh yeah right. two thousand max?

Max, for sure. If it would sell like hotcakes then a lot more people would have shown up at their gig here last May.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.12.2008 - 00:10
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Stigmatized on 14.12.2008 at 20:00

His lack of ability to compare the album to anything beyond the emo genre/emo bands and Agalloch kinda nullifies any real relevance. It's not like I've listened to Agalloch much but I can think of a fair few bands they sound more like. And yeah, the epic doom genre is like totally the new big thing with the kids; they'll sell millions with that record ¬_¬
19.12.2008 - 10:11
CYFAWS
Account deleted
It isn't metal. Simple.
19.12.2008 - 15:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 19.12.2008 at 10:11

It isn't metal. Simple.

The why is Nadja included in Metal Archives? They aren't metal eeither. MA is oen of the single most incosistent sites when it comes to accepting 'so-called' non-metal bands.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.12.2008 - 14:01
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Does anyone have any news on whether M. Dragynfly is still active in the music business? I'm dying to hear some new material from/with her.
----

20.12.2008 - 16:11
Stigmatized
I've read from fans that were in contact with her that she's completely broken off communication with them. I think with K.Angylus death, she may be out for awhile.
20.12.2008 - 16:53
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I'm just hearing them and I'm very intrigued. The music is quite haunting and I like the wall effect from the music which makes you turn it up and get consumed by it

EDIT: wow, the only copy of Weighing Souls with Sand I can find on Amazon is $50. Anybody know where I can get some of their stuff?
----
Coldgrits
20.12.2008 - 19:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by -DC-002- on 20.12.2008 at 16:53

I'm just hearing them and I'm very intrigued. The music is quite haunting and I like the wall effect from the music which makes you turn it up and get consumed by it

EDIT: wow, the only copy of Weighing Souls with Sand I can find on Amazon is $50. Anybody know where I can get some of their stuff?

You could try directly from the label... Profound Lore Records
or else via http://www.roadburn.com or via http://www.senorhernandez.com/main.php?Info=con I think.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.04.2009 - 01:59
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I own two copies.

I bought another copy after I damaged the packaging of my first copy, but I never took the plastic wrapping off. Not selling it though, hehe. Well, I don't think it's actually worth any money, is it? I've seen it on ebay plenty of times, never noticed it went for a price higher than normal for an album.
----

15.04.2009 - 17:19
Stigmatized
I could kick myself for not purchasing a copy of WSWS I found on eBay for $20. Judging by the photo it was in great condition, but for some reason that it beyond me I never bid on it.
15.04.2009 - 22:05
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.12.2008 at 15:20

Written by Guest on 19.12.2008 at 10:11

It isn't metal. Simple.

The why is Nadja included in Metal Archives? They aren't metal eeither. MA is oen of the single most incosistent sites when it comes to accepting 'so-called' non-metal bands.

This is bacause there are a bunch of different mods with different definitions of metal, and they all have to decide themselves whether they think something is metal or not.

The Angelic Process is great by the way. I personally don't consider them metal in the slightest, but they certainly are an interesting, atmospheric band.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
15.04.2009 - 22:24
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Stigmatized on 15.04.2009 at 17:19

I could kick myself for not purchasing a copy of WSWS I found on eBay for $20. Judging by the photo it was in great condition, but for some reason that it beyond me I never bid on it.

is this going for 90$ new and 40$ used on Amazon now? really?!?! wtf... ?

"Coma Waering", their debut full-length, is on e-bay now btw. Not as good as WSWS, but a great album too. Shame it contains less vocals.

Erm, well, you can buy my damaged copy I guess... though I don't think you want to. It's a digipack and I tore a sticker off, leaving an ugly/sticky mark. I myself wouldn't buy it, to be honest.

I'll keep a sharp eye for you.
----

16.04.2009 - 10:37
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Lucas on 15.04.2009 at 22:24

"Coma Waering", their debut full-length, is on e-bay now btw. Not as good as WSWS, but a great album too. Shame it contains less vocals.

Erm, well, you can buy my damaged copy I guess... though I don't think you want to. It's a digipack and I tore a sticker off, leaving an ugly/sticky mark. I myself wouldn't buy it, to be honest.

I've found that album around the internet for as low as $9 before. Just look around lesser known websites... google that shit!
----
Coldgrits
16.04.2009 - 19:41
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by -DC-002- on 16.04.2009 at 10:37

I've found that album around the internet for as low as $9 before. Just look around lesser known websites... google that shit!

Yeah, i've seen it around for regular prices tons of times... but the bands popularity still seems to grow and apparently the album is now sold out, add some ebay to the equation and you've got a receipe for desaster.

you can go for the vinyl version, i guess.
----

16.04.2009 - 22:39
Smurfkiller
Account deleted
Amazing music. Beautiful yet heavy as hell.
17.04.2009 - 08:37
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Lucas on 16.04.2009 at 19:41

Written by -DC-002- on 16.04.2009 at 10:37

Yeah, i've seen it around for regular prices tons of times... but the bands popularity still seems to grow and apparently the album is now sold out, add some ebay to the equation and you've got a receipe for desaster.

you can go for the vinyl version, i guess.

Ya, I just looked and the only version I've found anywhere online is the Black Vinyl version. Sooo, are you still trying to sell your damaged copy?
----
Coldgrits
18.04.2009 - 10:44
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Not trying too, no. As I said earlier, I probably wouldn't buy it myself.

But hey, I feel guilty for owning two when there's so much demand. I can try to up a picture and a detailed explanation of the damage so you can decide for yourself... ? The disc and the front of the digipack are perfectly fine, so if you're not too picky.

Does anybody know something about Profound Lore's stance on re-prints for high demand albums?
----

20.04.2009 - 01:36
Stigmatized
Written by Lucas on 15.04.2009 at 22:24

Depending on how bad it is, I may buy it from you if you sell it. Otherwise, do keep an eye please.
11.08.2009 - 12:52
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I recently heard Weighing Souls With Sand and I can't find a place to buy it from. Awesome. Plus, I don't have a computer, so I can't download. Super cool!!

Edit: Hey who wants to send me this album through Gmail? That's the only way I can get it at work. Send me a PM