Metal Storm logo
Behexen

22.12.2008 - 23:13
mortjoyeux
Amazing black metal from Finland, somewhat similar to Horna in styles and techniques.
Fans of Darkthrone, Burzum and Immortal would love them.

http://www.myspace.com/congregationofbehexen

Discuss them in this threeeeeeead.
22.12.2008 - 23:25
Damnated
Churchburner
Their latest album is really, really good. i guess everyone is hopping on the orthodox wagon now. but who cares. it's working. it transformed Behexen to something worthwhile, and imo they are now one of the, if not the, best finnish black metal band atm.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
23.12.2008 - 00:40
Sunioj
Latest album was really good, the one before that was also exceptional. Good band. One of the few raw finnish bm acts I like.
23.12.2008 - 01:39
mortjoyeux
Yeah I agree, I fucking love them so much.
They have to be one of my favourite band right now, they're just so much more raw than most of the bm acts I'm hearing about now.
23.12.2008 - 02:00
Daniel
Yeah, really awesome band. I'd even put them on the same page as Beherit.. for finnish bm.
----
In The Cold Winds of Nowhere
23.12.2008 - 05:46
mortjoyeux
Ooo yeah I almost forgot about Beherit, pretty similar.
I'm really impressed with Behexen though, all their albums are solid.
23.12.2008 - 10:25
mortjoyeux
Meh, sure it wasn't as good as By the Blessing of Satan or their previous shit, but MSFHG ain't terrible in the least..just lacking some of their old techniques
23.12.2008 - 11:31
Genghis Kal
Account deleted
Their second album is one of the best BM albums for me. The raw sound with the bass loud and right up front works great and makes it very powerful. The songs are solid and it really flows as an album. I like what I've heard from the latest album as well, but I'm not too keen on the debut, the songs just arn't very good even though the style is the same as BTBOS.
23.12.2008 - 11:45
Sunioj
I think Behexen was getting better with each consecutive release. I don't find anything special about the first disc whatsoever, but then BTBOS was a improvement imo in songwriting, while MSFHG improved in production making it a very balanced behexen release.

EDIT: Has anyone heard the two new behexen songs from the satanic warmaster split?
24.12.2008 - 15:32
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Sunioj on 23.12.2008 at 11:45

EDIT: Has anyone heard the two new behexen songs from the satanic warmaster split?

sure did. good to hear they're continuing with the sound of their latest full-length.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
25.12.2008 - 01:56
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
My Soul For His Glory is one of my most played albums that were released this year. It's about time that bands are starting to learn that nonstop blasting is not always good.
04.01.2009 - 09:52
mortjoyeux
I'm trying to get some apparel merch. from these guys, and like most BM bands(ex.inquisition) I have a hard time finding good sites.
ANY IDEAS PEOPLE?
09.01.2009 - 19:49
routa
Account deleted
Written by mortjoyeux on 04.01.2009 at 09:52

I'm trying to get some apparel merch. from these guys, and like most BM bands(ex.inquisition) I have a hard time finding good sites.
ANY IDEAS PEOPLE?

You can get Behexen's stuff at least from Hammer of Hate (the Finnish label, expect insane postage), and No Colours Records used to have some Inquisition merch if I recall correctly... No idea of USA/Canada though. They (Inquisition) list a shitload of merch in their myspace, yet when you click the link it doesn't go anywhere haha, maybe throw 'em with a message?
10.01.2009 - 06:38
mortjoyeux
O lawd i love you, first real help i've gotten as far as looking for merch.
Yeah their myspace link bugs me way too much, I WANT THEIR STUFFFFFF..I'll probably have to end up messaging them sooner or later
10.01.2009 - 23:41
ForeverDarkWoods
My Soul For His Glory was not at all as good as By The Blessing Of Satan. It lacks nearly all the intensity that BTBOS had, and a lot of the atmosphere as well. By The Blessing Of Satan, and to a lesser extent Rituale Satanum were unique, and had a genuinity to them which most bands fail to achieve. Their latest seemed bland in comparison. I hope they're not going to head in that direction in the future.

Otherwise there's always Horna though...
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
12.01.2009 - 05:19
mortjoyeux
Written by Blood Red Moon on 11.01.2009 at 08:39

Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 10.01.2009 at 23:41

My Soul For His Glory was not at all as good as By The Blessing Of Satan. It lacks nearly all the intensity that BTBOS had, and a lot of the atmosphere as well. By The Blessing Of Satan, and to a lesser extent Rituale Satanum were unique, and had a genuinity to them which most bands fail to achieve. Their latest seemed bland in comparison. I hope they're not going to head in that direction in the future.

Otherwise there's always Horna though...

This was exactly my point in my review. In comparison, not a good album at all, it lacked the intensity and unique Behexen that we all enjoyed. My Soul For His Glory can be compared more to the abundance of mediocre raw black metal bands than it can be to Behexen itself.

Inquisition - Now that's how you do raw black metal!

Haha yeah word, inquisition is way too fucking good.
17.02.2009 - 15:54
Krankheit
Account deleted
I liked MSFHG. The vocals are different and in a way much better. The album is also not that raw as their previous. Anyway, one of my favourite bands from the Finnish BM scene.
02.03.2009 - 19:53
Http://eventful.com/london/events/total-war-festival-sarcofago-destroyer-666-behexen-/E0-001-020030397-3

Quote:
The band Sarcofago have decided to reunite and embark on a South American tour.

Wagner Lamounier, ex-vocalist and Guitarist with Sepultura, had this to say:

"Yes, we've decided to reunite for a small tour. It will be live dates only, I don't think there will be any new Material.

The Setlist will be divided so that each section gets the same amount of time, 1 each for INRI, Rotting and Laws of Scourge, as well as an extra portion of stuff from Hate to Crust, becuase I believe that we did some great stuff at that point as well (F.O.M.B.M., Satanic Terrorism and Shave Your Head come straight to mind). This is it, if you don't catch us now, you never will."

11th July - Club Iguana Rana - Lima, Peru 17th July - Bar 89 - Santiago, Chile 21st July - La Factoría - Montevideo, Uruguay 23rd July - La Muni de San Lorenzo - Asuncion, Paraguay 26th July - Lordgamba Bar - Bogota, Colombia 29th July - Petroleo Underground Bar - Valencia, Venezuela 4th July - OZ Pub - Santa Cruz, Bolivia 8th July - Casa Babylon - Quito, Ecuador 10th July - Casa Babylon - Córdoba, Argentina 12th July - Obras - Buenos Aires, Argentina

20th July - Underworld - London, England 1st August - Wacken Open Air - Wacken, Germany 10th August - The Fillmore At Irving Plaza. New York, USA 17th August - House of Blues, Los Angeles, USA 28th August - Hole In The Sky Festival - Bergen, Norway 3rd September - Studio Coast, Tokyo, Japan

6th October - Bar Opinião - Porto Alegre, Brazil 8th October - Chevrolet Hall - Belo Horizonte, Brazil 13th October - Curitiba Master Hall - Curitiba, Brazil 15th October - Club AABB - Brasilia, Brazil 19th October -Via Funchal - São Paulo, Brazil 20th October -Canecão - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

Support will come in the form of a festival-style bill, including Anal Vomit, Goat Semen, Destroyer 666, Behexen, Deiphago and Sadomator, on all non-festival dates.

WHAT ON EARTH?????
03.03.2009 - 03:34
Vationleg
^wtf indeed...
03.03.2009 - 05:58
routa
Account deleted
^^^ wtf
04.03.2009 - 12:20
TheBigRossowski
I haven't heard the last album from them, but I was impressed a bit by "By the Blessing of Satan". I suppose I'll check out the new one sometime.

Right now I'm more in a Classic Rock mood, so I don't actually even know what the fuck I'm blathering about.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
04.03.2009 - 21:20
TheBigRossowski
Written by Blood Red Moon on 04.03.2009 at 20:17

Written by TheBigRossowski on 04.03.2009 at 12:20

I haven't heard the last album from them, but I was impressed a bit by "By the Blessing of Satan". I suppose I'll check out the new one sometime.

Right now I'm more in a Classic Rock mood, so I don't actually even know what the fuck I'm blathering about.

That's why I only listened to a little metal today...and my Doors tape, lol. I had a really rough day and I hate the fuckin' Eagles, man! lol

Don't bother, it's nothing new. Definitely nothing like By the Blessing of Satan. If you've already heard 542484634 mediocre black metal albums, then you've heard this one already.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?