Metal Storm logo
Dark Moor - Bassist Leaves The Band, Replacement Found

Original news, posted on 29.12.2008

Dark Moor are sad to announce that Dani Fernandez has decided to parts ways with the band. "We want to thank Dani for his work and dedication all these years and wish the very best for the future!"

You can read a personal statement from the former Dark Moor bassist here:

"I will try to go straigh to the point in this statement. After thinking about this a lot, I took this tough decision that my time in Dark Moor ends here.

In the last few months my head was not with Dark Moor and this situation could have been damaging for the band and for my personal relation with Alfred, Enrik and Roberto in a near future, therefore after some conversations with the guys I have made this decision, which I think is the right thing to do.

I have spent almost 5 years in the family, almost 5 years in which I do not regret of anything, in which I have learned to be a good professional, both in studio and stage, in which I have recorded 3 works of art (Beyond the Sea, Tarot and Autumnal), in which I have shared lots of memories with the guys, good and bad, in which I have met lots of good and bad people. 5 years of concerts in which I worked my fingers to the bone in order that YOU, the fans, could enjoy Dark Moor. I could keep saying a lot but lets leave that here, I said I was going to try to be as straightforward as possible.

I will keep playing with Inntrance, my main band from this moment, in which I will give 100%

I wish all the best to the band, from the bottom of my heart, and so to Enrik (Thanks my friend for teaching me during 5 years and for being that professional), to Alfred (such good moments with you bro, I will never forget that), to Rober (who are you going to share beers with from now on? Haha, I won't forget you mate...) and to Diana (what would we do without you?). And I don't want to say goodbye without thanking you for your support, you the fans keep us alive. Thanks a lot for everything!!"

UPDATED (thanks to The Shape 1973)

Dark Moor have announced a new bass player, just one day after Dani Fernandez' exit. His name is Mario Garcia, having played in Spanish bans for 10 years, he is experienced both live and in the studio. He joins the line up as Dark Moor release their new album Autumnal in January 2009.

Source: dark-moor.com
Band profile: Dark Moor
Posted: 30.12.2008 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 93 users
29.12.2008 - 15:46
necrovamp
Hmm sad news, may have to cheack his other band out though.
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
29.12.2008 - 19:15
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
It happened again!? why are so many bassists leaving bands all of a sudden? Probably the sign of oncoming doom...
----
Coldgrits
29.12.2008 - 19:35
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I didn't know they had a bassist
29.12.2008 - 20:32
Enissa
Not a big Loss
29.12.2008 - 20:35
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Bad News buuu, DC is alright this are all signs of the oncoming doom!!!
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
31.12.2008 - 00:19
replica of me
That was quick
31.12.2008 - 11:44
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Irritable Ted on 29.12.2008 at 22:19

Written by -DC-002- on 29.12.2008 at 19:15

It happened again!? why are so many bassists leaving bands all of a sudden? Probably the sign of oncoming doom...

10 bassists in the last month! You might be on to something.The 10 plagues of Egypt, didn't that start with the disappearance of bass players, then the madness of Finnish guitarists............... oh shit.

oh shit, next thing Gaahl will act like a normal logical human being and a swarm of posers will overcome the metal festivals! REPENT
31.12.2008 - 12:20
Enissa
WOOW, that was FAst!!!!
Anyway, Im looking forward for their album
31.12.2008 - 23:49
Symmachus
Man, they replaced the bassist fast. That's cool.
02.01.2009 - 03:25
Shadowcross
The Summoner
No big deal. Creative responsibility seems to lie solely on the guitarists in Dark Moor

Hits total: 4127 | This month: 5