Metal Storm logo
Fates Warning vs Queensrÿche

Poll

Who is the better of the first two early Progressive Metal bands?

Fates Warning
Queensrÿche

Total votes: 28
30.12.2008 - 01:11
Metal_Militia
Well i got to thinking, Fates Warning and Queensrÿche. The first two true Progressive METAL (notice the "metal"). Which do you guys think is better? It's not who is more influential or which one you like better, although that is a good discussion we could have here as well I am a huge fan of both bands, but ill have to go with Fates Warning by the slightest of margins because i like pretty much everything they've put out. Ever since Empire for Queensrÿche has been a tad bit shaky for me. Although, The Warning and Operation: Mindcrime have to rank better than any other Fates Warning album for me.

I guess it just boiled down to consistency. Have at it all
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

30.12.2008 - 15:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like eraly Fates Warning so I choose Queensrÿche and band who's wrote best anti love song ever, how can I vote for FW, Im not prog metal gfan, but IMO best fates warning song was IM cover song ''Flight of Icarus'' and I like moustly ''Nighs At Broclin'' and some other 89's albums, but Queensruyche I prefere more, even more HM days like firts EP and album, but still even prog songs I like band more , its somehow alive for me and means more how FW

And this, how can I dont like this band

I don't believe in love
I never have, I never will
I don't believe in love
I'll just pretend she never was real
I don't believe in love I need to forget her face, I see it still
I don't believe in love
It's never worth the pain that you feel

----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.11.2010 - 05:43
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
I like both bands but I chose FW because of Jim Matheos, pure genius. He writes the best prog songs of anyone, no comparison
----
rekt
20.11.2010 - 23:07
Incalus
Fates Warning...:bow:
30.06.2011 - 22:59
Damshak
Fates Warning
His sound is much better that Queensrÿche
01.10.2012 - 11:06
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Fates Warning definitely. They have more good albums than Queensryche does, and they have never produced a real scrotum-fest like Dedicated to Chaos. Even some of the Fates Warning albums that I thought were not quite as strong, but I still enjoyed (like Disconnected) are superior to anything Queensryche has done in the past 15 years. I also prefer Inside Out over all Queensryche albums (except for Operation Mindcrime and Rage for Order).
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
01.10.2012 - 17:44
Lit.
Account deleted
One Operation: Mindcrime is worth three FW albums. Empire is worth maybe A Pleasant Shade of Gray. Other than that, I'll go for Fates Warning.