Metal Storm logo
The 69 Eyes

21.01.2009 - 11:07
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Wow, no thread for this awesome band. the more i listen to their newer stuff the more i love them. their sound has such an awesome hint of decadence or something, that dude's voice rules hard, the riffs are so catchy and the keyboards are the shit. my favorite song has to be Brandon Lee.

also their live image is fucking kickass, they manage to be chick magnets while not looking pretentious, mainstream, or silly. when i grow up i wanna look like them
21.01.2009 - 20:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Huh on eof weird bands in genre what I ''enjoy'' because like wont be best to say, realy in gothic rock or what it calls I like this one maybe not extremly and I wont look like band membe but Lost Boys is werry nice song, I like it others also but not to much, this song its why i like band
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.01.2009 - 20:59
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I see them more of a Hard-rock band anyway.

ANd I think there is a thread somewhere, maybe not.

I like them a lot actually. "Blessed Be" and "Paris Kills" are very good albums, I enjoy them very much. I don't have all of their albums but those are my highlights. All 69 eyes' album I listened to were at least entertaining, not boring.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
21.01.2009 - 21:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 21.01.2009 at 20:59

I thought same I had seen it but I use search and didnt found it so
----

apos;'
[image]
21.01.2009 - 21:10
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Bad English on 21.01.2009 at 21:09

Maybe on the rock thread.
----

My Instagram
21.01.2009 - 22:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 21.01.2009 at 21:10

Written by Bad English on 21.01.2009 at 21:09

Maybe on the rock thread.

search results
----

apos;'
[image]
21.01.2009 - 22:28
Sick Girl
I really like them. They are just a good catchy band. I love the singers voice. "Perfect Skin" = a very addictive song.
21.01.2009 - 22:29
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I know how to use the search button, thank you :
21.01.2009 - 22:30
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Sick Girl on 21.01.2009 at 22:28

I really like them. They are just a good catchy band. I love the singers voice. "Perfect Skin" = a very addictive song.

hell yeah i saw that video last night on vh1 rocks, really awesome, it actually completely reignited my interest in the band. the chorus is amazing.
21.01.2009 - 22:31
Sick Girl
Written by Valentin B on 21.01.2009 at 22:30

Written by Sick Girl on 21.01.2009 at 22:28

hell yeah i saw that video last night on vh1 rocks, really awesome, it actually completely reignited my interest in the band. the chorus is amazing.

Ahh I know! My little 8 year old brother even loves the song. :]
29.08.2009 - 22:17
IllOmenNation
One of my favorites since 2000, not too serious a band in fact quite the opposite, which is good for me, a guy who sometimes takes life too seriously. Need guys like these to balance you out!
----
Ill Omen Nation - Great Finnish/Scandinavian Metal! http://www.myspace.com/illomennation
02.09.2009 - 15:09
Jan Destiny
I like that band!
I don't have all of their albums. Angels and Devils are good. And they heve some songs I really like to listen to: Christina Death, Ghost, Lost Boys, Los Angeles, Feel Berlin...
And Devils album is a great while travelling!
----
"Fiction is the truth inside the lie" (Stephen King)
03.09.2009 - 02:22
IllOmenNation
They just released a new one, it's got some okay stuff but they become a bit more of a parody of themselves with each album.
----
Ill Omen Nation - Great Finnish/Scandinavian Metal! http://www.myspace.com/illomennation
06.09.2009 - 14:05
Jan Destiny
Written by IllOmenNation on 03.09.2009 at 02:22

They just released a new one, it's got some okay stuff but they become a bit more of a parody of themselves with each album.

The new album, Black In Blood is great, but yes, that vampire feeling stuff is a bit boring...
----
"Fiction is the truth inside the lie" (Stephen King)
14.08.2011 - 17:30
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Ok, reviving this topic a bit

I was a long time listener of The 69 Eyes, but just recently - for the past year - I became a fangirl. Don't know what really happened, the music stayed the same, but obviously my comprehension of it changed.

Well anyway, most of all I love all albums from Wasting The Dawn till Back In Blood, gotta admit their earlier works don't really fit me. But I simply love Devils This album is such perfect combination of goth ambience with hard rock that it blows me away everytime I'm listening it. And it also makes good car music

But overall, Still Waters Run Deep is purrrrre purrrfection. Gosh, I came to love this song so so much, it's in my top 5. Especially the live version from Helsinki Vampires DVD. And Jyrki's deep, demonic, romantic, mesmorizing voice.... Gosh, I'm melting
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
14.08.2011 - 18:12
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by AnGina-- on 14.08.2011 at 17:30
I was a long time listener of The 69 Eyes, but just recently - for the past year - I became a fangirl. Don't know what really happened, the music stayed the same, but obviously my comprehension of it changed.

But I simply love Devils

And Jyrki's deep, demonic, romantic, mesmorizing voice.... Gosh, I'm melting

I'm definitely no long-time listener, but when I first started getting into metal The 69 Eyes were one of my favorite bands. Of course, we went in different directions in that I just stopped liking them while you started loving them, but that's the beauty of individuality I suppose.

I still think if someone put Devils in a CD player and I was sitting in the room, I wouldn't object to it.

And you're right about Jyrki's vocals. Sexy.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.08.2011 - 20:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by AnGina-- on 14.08.2011 at 17:30

Ok, reviving this topic a bit

Well anyway, most of all I love all albums from Wasting The Dawn till Back In Blood, gotta admit their earlier works don't really fit me. But I simply love Devils This album is such perfect combination of goth ambience with hard rock that it blows me away everytime I'm listening it. And it also makes good car music

But overall, Still Waters Run Deep is purrrrre purrrfection. Gosh, I came to love this song so so much, it's in my top 5. Especially the live version from Helsinki Vampires DVD. And Jyrki's deep, demonic, romantic, mesmorizing voice.... Gosh, I'm melting

I would say band muisc stay the same but band changed and getting older, I like all but somehow last 2-3 was much weeker after Wasting The Dawn specely that muisc video, those girls and sexy dancing and gothic party and atmosfere , you can replay and replay that song and watch that video, lyrics are awesome , I would say sexyest vid ever made, king of sexy music videos
----

apos;'
[image]
15.08.2011 - 00:39
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.08.2011 at 18:12
I'm definitely no long-time listener, but when I first started getting into metal The 69 Eyes were one of my favorite bands. Of course, we went in different directions in that I just stopped liking them while you started loving them, but that's the beauty of individuality I suppose.

Yea well my first interactions with 69 eyes go about 7,8 years back I assume. In that time I was all about metal, trying to find as much interesting bands I could, and I guess I never found 69 metal enough or even metal at all. But in years as my music taste started broadening, I embraced them as a hard rock band, not metal, and I still don't consider them metal. The influences are there tho.

I'm just surprised they don't have a lot of fans here.... Or maybe not, now that I read your post I just think Wasting The Dawn, Blessed Be, Paris Kills and Devils deserve a certain amount of respect on the rock/metal music scene:)

Back In Blood was not my thing tho, gotta admit that. That album was a let-down for me, except for maybe 3 or 4 songs.
At least we have Devils in common
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
15.08.2011 - 01:23
rekkuza-
I'm slowly starting to get into their stuff. I am wondering which album I should start with. Thanks.
----
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it- Oscar Wilde
15.08.2011 - 06:56
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by rekkuza- on 15.08.2011 at 01:23
I'm slowly starting to get into their stuff. I am wondering which album I should start with. Thanks.

Make sure you listen to Devils, but I wouldn't recommend starting there. Everything else you'll hear after that won't sound as good. Their early sleaze metal is fun to rock to, and some of their newer stuff is kind of a watered down version of Devils, so you can't go wrong either way.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.08.2011 - 06:59
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by AnGina-- on 15.08.2011 at 00:39
I embraced them as a hard rock band, not metal, and I still don't consider them metal.

We share this belief as well, although I might refer to them as goth rock as opposed to simply hard rock.
----
15.08.2011 - 11:35
Reza
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.08.2011 at 06:56

Make sure you listen to Devils, but I wouldn't recommend starting there. Everything else you'll hear after that won't sound as good. Their early sleaze metal is fun to rock to, and some of their newer stuff is kind of a watered down version of Devils, so you can't go wrong either way.

What's your opinion on " Blessed Be" ? IMO it's their best work and they haven't released something as great as it. I really like "The Chair" and "Brandon Lee".
15.08.2011 - 12:30
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I haven't listened to them in ages, maybe I will.
----

My Instagram
15.08.2011 - 12:33
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix

Make sure you listen to Troy Gallant's opinion. It all depends what kind of music you like. I'd suggest you to start with Blessed Be and Paris Kills, then go on to Devils, then go back to Wasting The Dawn, then go on to Angels. Then, if you're really really gonna start liking 69, go back to their earlier works (Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams, Savage Garden, Motor City Resurrection, Bump N' Grind). If you're not, you can easily let them out. And after all of this, you can go to Back In Blood, their most recet stuff. And report back to us what you think about them
----
15.08.2011 - 17:27
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Blessed Be is definitely one of my recommendations as it has some of the best 69E songs on it, though probably not as easily accesible as obvious sleaze-industrial-glam rock songs like Perfect Skin or whatever.
15.08.2011 - 17:30
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 15.08.2011 at 11:35
What's your opinion on "Blessed Be"?

It's a pretty good album, I just didn't enjoy the filler tracks. I liked Brandon Lee, Gothic Girl, The Chair, and Sleeping With Lions, but the rest of the songs really took away from the ones I liked.
----
15.08.2011 - 18:01
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by AnGina-- on 15.08.2011 at 12:33
Make sure you listen to Troy Gallant's opinion.

I feel so special!
----
15.08.2011 - 18:44
JD
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.08.2011 at 17:30

The Chair

Yaaay! that was my favorite song when I was 14 and it's the only one I have ever heard by this band, I remember the video was in a red room or something.
15.08.2011 - 19:03
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I remember I used to play The Chair on guitar lol It's pretty fun (and easy) to play.

Also love that song.
----

My Instagram
15.08.2011 - 23:25
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.08.2011 at 17:30

Written by Guest on 15.08.2011 at 11:35
What's your opinion on "Blessed Be"?

It's a pretty good album, I just didn't enjoy the filler tracks. I liked Brandon Lee, Gothic Girl, The Chair, and Sleeping With Lions, but the rest of the songs really took away from the ones I liked.

I'd say Blessed Be is their best alongside Devils, and Paris Kills in 2nd. I have...Issues with their other albums. Angels has a few good tracks, but for the most part just sounds like goofy bullshit - something that was taken to a new extreme with Back In Blood. All their pre-Blessed Be stuff is even worse; generic as all hell sleaze rock...

...So if you're going to start checking out this band, I say go with Paris Kills, Blessed Be, and Devils. Then stop there. I wish I did.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin