Metal Storm logo
Burzum

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 17.05.2006 - 09:54
This band needs no introduction.

To start things off, what do people think of Vargs' writings about paganism that are posted on his website ((www.burzum.org)?
08.09.2006 - 12:37
Basso
Account deleted
Thats really lame :/
08.09.2006 - 18:03
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by [user id=5394] on 08.09.2006 at 12:37

Thats really lame :/

Ah, what my random winge or what the situation that happened to me?
----

Hellcunt Smurf
08.09.2006 - 19:11
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Konrad on 12.08.2006 at 19:17

Out of curiosity, have any of you ever seen Gummo?

yes I have seen that movie. Bethlehem and Burzum is part of the soundtrack if im not totally wrong

@ Xtreme Jax : The situatian that happened to you.
08.09.2006 - 19:15
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
And there is not a single internet-site distributing it?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
09.09.2006 - 07:41
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
@Miohaltobad: we don't have gloomy snowy winter nights down here in Chile but yes, Det SDom Engand Var ius my favourite song by Varg and it's pretty blood-chilling... beautiful yet incredibly dark atmosphere...
09.09.2006 - 09:36
CoreThumb
Account deleted
i luve Det som en gang var.. here in Malaysia theres a lots of metal heads which is luve to collect burzum materials!!
04.10.2006 - 15:21
Damnated
Churchburner
I have found Oud Spul, an unreleased demo of Burzum. The quality is pretty bad, but it's worth getting. http://www.geocities.com/seth_4510_bur/
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
04.10.2006 - 20:48
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Oud Spul?

That's Dutch for 'Old Stuff'. I highly doubt that it would be original in any way. Or perhaps, the language of Norway sometimes sounds alike with that of the Dutch.

After hearing it, this could be any band playing, what tells us this is Burzum. (Except, the website of course)
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
04.10.2006 - 21:55
Damnated
Churchburner
your right, I think it's a bootleg of somekind. I came across this 'demo' several times on p2p progs, just like 'Blast from the Ancient Past' or 'Svarte Dauen'. I think they're bootelgs, but let's hope it's still Varg playing
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
04.10.2006 - 22:15
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Hmm, I wonder. I mean, the chance would of course be 1 against the thousands of bands playing his style.
----

05.10.2006 - 17:19
Zombie, M.D.
Seven Harmonies of the Unknown Truth is an Ildjarn demo. I cant believe you had any doubt that this is indeed a bootleg.

Ive also seen some old Ildjarn shit being tossed around a that "Blast From the Ancient Past" album.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
27.11.2006 - 22:21
Ulven i Manden
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 12.08.2006 at 22:04

Last night I had an enormous need to howl towards it but unfortunately I am not (yet) in a wolf form (I hope to be one day in the future...in another wild world)....

I am became werewolf but not after listening Burzum records... Ulver's Nattens Madrigal made this...
P.S. Burzum is a really great band. This music perfect fits to walking alone in the forest... at the autumn or winter time... (in wolf skin) uuuuuuuuuuu...
27.11.2006 - 23:28
Syrack
Account deleted
Written by [user id=15764] on 27.11.2006 at 22:21

I am became werewolf but not after listening Burzum records... Ulver's Nattens Madrigal made this...
P.S. Burzum is a really great band. This music perfect fits to walking alone in the forest... at the autumn or winter time... (in wolf skin) uuuuuuuuuuu...

Uh, Ulver's Nattens Madrigal is so harsh,
Older Burzum too, Burzum&Aske was the first thing I have heard from Burzum and it is still my favourite.
28.11.2006 - 00:42
Ulven i Manden
Account deleted
Written by [user id=15721] on 27.11.2006 at 23:28

Older Burzum too, Burzum&Aske was the first thing I have heard from Burzum and it is still my favourite.

I love Burzum/Aske. I also think that EP "Aske" is one of the best Black Metal EP... Even instrumental "song" on that EP is perfect!
28.04.2007 - 17:38
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Despite what people think about it, I think Hlidskjalf is a great album as far as grim ambience. But my favorite Burzum album is probably Hvis Lyset Tar Oss, just becuase of how the music was put together etc.
29.04.2007 - 03:53
rageing atheist
Account deleted
I remember when about a year ago I listened to Burzum\Aske with headphones, standing and looking out of the open window, in cold winter night, watching a snowfall, and it was so aesthetically pleasing to all senses (except taste and smell:) ), how the snowfall in the night and the music of Burzum complemented each other to create an unique experience. I wasn't new to Burzum anymore back then, but still the experience left me as deep impression that most records manage to instill on first spins. Funny thing that I still remember it with such emotions, maybe I should give it a spin again, given that I've begun to rediscover my appreciation of black metal. Anyway the only other Burzum release I have is Det Som Engang Var, which is also an amazing album, though it has it's fair share of slightly boring intros\outros. Anyway a great band, which proves that black metal can be beautiful and fragile without turning commercial or cheap.
29.04.2007 - 05:56
Throne of Rats
Written by [user id=17838] on 28.04.2007 at 17:38

Despite what people think about it, I think Hlidskjalf is a great album as far as grim ambience. But my favorite Burzum album is probably Hvis Lyset Tar Oss, just becuase of how the music was put together etc.

Couldnt agree more.
----
Burning Crosses, Invoke the Powers, Rape the Crown, Hell Awaits!!
29.04.2007 - 15:17
Warman
Erotic Stains
Just bought my first Burzum album, the compilation Burzum/Aske. I recently got into the band, love the sad atmosphere and Varg's growls!
----
01.05.2007 - 03:47
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Burzum/aske is an amazing album. Everysong on their is something different, the only set back is Varg messes up on his growls and what not alot so it sounds like his voice is cracking and afterwhile it can get anoying, but thats it.
01.05.2007 - 04:00
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
I want to get Hvis Lyset Tar Oss, but I ordered it sometime ago from CM Distro but it wasn´t stock!

Currently, my favorite is Det Som Engang Var, I also like Burzum/Aske alot.
01.05.2007 - 04:23
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
I actually found Hvis on ebay for $17 with s & h included, a damn good deal for a damn good album.
01.05.2007 - 15:29
Hyvaarin
Written by Xtreme Jax on 08.09.2006 at 10:27

GARGH!! When i went in to see if my copy of 'Burzum' showed up, the guy said that they werent able to get it in and something else about the distributor that the store gets it from couldnt send them to X-countries ... Got me pissed off actaully.

I had a $5 deposit on the cd which gets taken off the price when i recieve and pay for it, and they didnt even tell me that they couldnt get the cd in!! So if i didnt remind them about it i would have gotten ripped off. Ahem, well ... guess i'll have to try and find it some other way

I've been in a similar situation with a Black Sabbath album.

...except it's been five years .
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
01.05.2007 - 18:40
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Hyvaarin on 01.05.2007 at 15:29

Written by Xtreme Jax on 08.09.2006 at 10:27

GARGH!! When i went in to see if my copy of 'Burzum' showed up, the guy said that they werent able to get it in and something else about the distributor that the store gets it from couldnt send them to X-countries ... Got me pissed off actaully.

I had a $5 deposit on the cd which gets taken off the price when i recieve and pay for it, and they didnt even tell me that they couldnt get the cd in!! So if i didnt remind them about it i would have gotten ripped off. Ahem, well ... guess i'll have to try and find it some other way

I've been in a similar situation with a Black Sabbath album.

...except it's been five years .

Was confused when seeing the thread I got quoted from... that post was ages ago .

Five years? Daaaaamn dude, no album is worth that wait, not even Sabbath! Lol.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
01.05.2007 - 23:23
Trifixion
Account deleted
Am I the only one who cracks up every single time I hear the opening to War?
01.05.2007 - 23:27
Basso
Account deleted
Written by [user id=8232] on 01.05.2007 at 23:23

Nope, its a common laughingstock for my friends.
02.05.2007 - 00:31
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Written by [user id=5394] on 01.05.2007 at 23:27

Written by [user id=8232] on 01.05.2007 at 23:23

Nope, its a common laughingstock for my friends.

Yeah, I couldnt stop laughing the first time I heard that shit.
02.05.2007 - 01:39
Hyvaarin
If you guys are talking about the "this is...HUH...WAOW!", I actually think it's kind of bitchin' .
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
02.05.2007 - 14:28
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by Ernis on 12.08.2006 at 21:25

Det som en gang var is indeed a great song...

Oh that my favorite Burzum track

Written by [user id=15764] on 28.11.2006 at 00:42

Written by [user id=15721] on 27.11.2006 at 23:28

I love Burzum/Aske. I also think that EP "Aske" is one of the best Black Metal EP... Even instrumental "song" on that EP is perfect!

Aske is brilliant , but all time EP of mine is 'Despise the Sun' Suffocation
02.05.2007 - 17:19
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Hyvaarin on 02.05.2007 at 01:39

If you guys are talking about the "this is...HUH...WAOW!", I actually think it's kind of bitchin' .

I totally agree, that one line is probably better than the rest of the song. Although, the riff is hilariously catchy...
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
03.05.2007 - 03:19
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
I think its more of a "WAOWR" than a "WAOW"