‹‹ Back to the Melodic metal forum Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Users visited: 71  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Susan on 07.07.2006 at 23:33
No topic about Evenking?!?!!! Well, that's about to change!

I came to this forum to look for the Elvenking topic and post about the new album but there wasn't a topic! Like magic, now there is

I love the Heathenreel and Wyrd albums and just heard the Winter Wake for the first time today. I haven't finished listening but it seems to be a lot less folk than before Whatever Elvenking touches turns to gold so I'm sure it will be great anyway but I was a little disappointed initially. I'll listen to the whole thing and let it grown on me, then post back.

What do you guys think of the new album or any of the other albums? I heart Elvenking hehehe

Page 4 of 4

jd-inflames
Account deleted
  27.02.2009 at 19:42
Sadly, I've found these guys rather hard to find. I heard of them several years ago when a friend sent me a copy of White Willow and really liked it. Haven't seen or heard anything from them since.
Galar
Wicked Mung

28.02.2009 at 05:19
I wonder if these guys will ever do a North American tour. That would be dirty.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
jd-inflames
Account deleted
  28.02.2009 at 05:37
I would probably have to check that out if they did!
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight

24.07.2009 at 08:47
Well their new acoustic album is really nice in some aspects, but overall im not too much into it...but e.g. the Heaven Is A Place On Earth cover is brilliant
----
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings
Become dust in the wake of the hymn
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall
No more than a breath on the wind

Uirapuru
Liver Failure

09.12.2009 at 18:08
I also loved the ''Heaven is a place on earth'' version, althou there's a lot of hatred towards this song XD
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
Janne
Hugin

09.12.2009 at 21:28
I discovered the original song not so long ago and I liked it quite a lot! it can't be compared with elvenking's version but it's not bad imo.
----

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight

09.12.2009 at 22:17
I can slightly agree on that...but i simply wont be listening to it all day long, that should be said
----
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings
Become dust in the wake of the hymn
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall
No more than a breath on the wind

Susan
Smeghead

29.09.2012 at 03:51
Reviving an old topic! Elvenking has released an excellent new album, Era, and I'm loving every second of it.

The previous few albums were fun but ultimately disappointments compared to the rest of the band's output. This one ends the mediocre streak in my opinion.

Who is enjoying this album? Thoughts on the previous few? Anyone still miss Kleid on vocals?
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
R'Vannith
Spiralmind

29.09.2012 at 14:52
I didn't enjoy Era much, their worst by quite a margin I think. Maybe a few salvageable pieces here and there (some nice folky bits and the odd catchy melody) but nothing great at all. There really isn't anything that reminds me of their early material here as some have suggested, albums like Wyrd were just so filled with energy, more recently it all sounds so forced.
Kleid was a better vocalist for the band, but Moras has been much better on albums before this new one. I must say though that the bonus track "Khanjar" is very interesting, much better than the album itself.
Not even Jon Oliva can save this for me..
Ernis
狼獾

30.09.2012 at 21:25
Written by Susan on 29.09.2012 at 03:51

Who is enjoying this album? Thoughts on the previous few? Anyone still miss Kleid on vocals?

Haven't had time to check the new album out but I reckon the acoustic album "Two Tragedy Poets..." is a good one while the ones before and after it didn't manage to catch my attention.

And yes, I miss Kleid on vocals. I've been trying to look for the albums of Future Is Tomorrow (Kleid became their vocalist after quitting Elvenking) but apart from one youtube video their stuff is nearly impossible to find. At the moment I ain't even sure whether he's singing any longer because as much I've heard, he's apparently working as a trainer at a gym now. What a loss for the Italian metal scene...
----
You don't mind me calling you bub, bub?

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Login or register to post here.