Widow's Weeds
World of Glass
Ashes
Illumination

Total votes: 32
26.02.2009 - 00:38
Dominus
The Shooter
Tristania is one of my favorite bands, for that reason i decided to let this poll to know what album of its discography is its favorite. Widow's Weeds for me.

Greetings of Argentina!

(My english sucks!)
27.02.2009 - 00:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
No doubt Widow Weeds because this is only what i like musicaly, lyricaly and generaly, others are so week and more belongs to MTV not metal, realy only firts one are what I can listen from band
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.02.2009 - 21:09
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Window Weeds is one of the best gothic metal albums ever made, so it wins the bill very clearly here. It really stands out from anything they created and it's an absolute masterpiece.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
01.03.2009 - 22:53
Beyond The Veil; I really have something with that album
----
07.03.2009 - 13:15
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Beyond the veil is my favourite Tristania album, A sequel of decay is my favourite song
17.09.2009 - 19:56
farmakon
Whispering Gloom
I voted for Beyond The Veil, but World of Glass and Ashes also great. Illumination is a big disappointment.
28.09.2009 - 02:38
ToMegaTherion
I think their early stuff was their best, Widow's Weeds is a great album along with Beyond the Veil. But my favorite would have to be World of Glass, it is perhaps their darkest album and the most dreary, but it builds the most amazing atmosphere almost like being sucked into a black hole.
04.03.2010 - 15:59
Slyfang
Ashes, their most experimental and surreal album.. and then Beyond the Veil, their most complete one, and the one album that Morten Veland never ever even came close to topping

i don't see what's so special about Widow's Weeds though. slow generic doomy gothic doom metal drama about angels, death, mourning and all that stereotypical goth jazz
07.03.2010 - 15:05
Tinsoldier
Ashes for me. It wasn't that over the top and pumped up like BoV, but I really liked it, more than any other albums by Tristania.
07.03.2010 - 19:14
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Voted for BTV, obviously. I really don't feel like writing an essay why, to this date, I still hold this album as one of the absolutely best albums ever, cause I have told it like a gazzillion times in the Tristania thread. Shortly: I find BTV the most extraoridnary, magical, full, rich, brillitan album due to the extremely polished sound, wonderful lyrics and a perfectly balanced mixture of orchestral music with metal with mind-blowing, more than amazing vocals. That album is one of best examples of what gothic metal is, not one song is a filler, are all unique but together they blend perfectly into a wholeness.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
27.07.2010 - 23:22
craik
Widow's Weeds.. Very gothic! December Elegy is my favorite song.