Metal Storm logo
Hellfest 2009 - Last Confirmed Names!

Hello everybody!

Here we are! After a lot of discussions, negotiations and real headaches, we are now able to give you the last confirmed names of the 2009 festival edition.

We promised you eclecticism, and as you can see we didn't lie! Traditional heavy metal, indus, grind, glam, hardcore, prog? everything is perfectly consistent with what we want to do with the Hellfest: An extremely specialized yet open-minded event!

The presence of a few really famous bands known by a large audience didn't distract us from our goal to develop the metal genres which made the reputation of the festival. The extreme metalheads will headbang at the new ROCK HARD TENT, which can welcome up to 6,000 people and where a lot of death, black, grind and other bands will put you in a trance.

The TERRORIZER TENT will give the opportunity to the metal elitists but also to the curious metalheads to discover forgotten genres, unfortunately forsaken by the audience and the media! On this stage, hardcore, grindcore, stoner and other doom bands will defend the image and the vocation of the festival!

Let's not wait any longer, and discover the new bands which have been added to this year's festival line-up. We hope you will be delighted!

MOTLEY CRUE - MARYLIN MANSON - MACHINE HEAD - DREAM THEATER - EUROPE - QUEENSRYCHE - SOULFLY - HATEBREED - SUICIDAL TENDENCIES - DOWN - MASTODON - KILLING JOKE - CRADLE OF FILTH - EDGUY - PAPA ROACH - DRAGON FORCE - PAIN - KMFDM - VOIVOD - PAIN OF SALVATION - BUCKCHERRY - NASHVILLE PUSSY - ADX - KORITNI - SATAN JOKERS - MOONSPELL - IMMOLATION - SKINLESS - BRUTAL TRUTH - DESTROYER 666 - VADER - PIG DESTROYER - HACRIDE - TREPALIUM - BACKFIRE - PROVIDENCE - WATERTANK... all those names are added to the already long list.

That's all for now, you know everything and the final countdown officially starts today! Please note that the one-day tickets are on sale for 59? (including locative fees).

See you soon for further news!

The Hellfest Team

The final line up and practical informations are visible here: http://www.metalstorm.ee/events/event.php?event_id=25270

One more time, Metal Storm will be one of the official partners of the festival. Please keep an eye on our webzine, news, and a lot of other good things will come later!

Source: hellfest.fr
Event: Hellfest Open Air 2009
Posted: 05.03.2009 by Jeff

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 40   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 360 users
05.03.2009 - 21:09
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Elite
Rock n Roll!!!

Come with us at Hellfest yohoooo !!!

PS: of course I will be there
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
05.03.2009 - 21:20
Idioglossia
Oh

My

GOD
05.03.2009 - 21:32
Talvi
O_O
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
05.03.2009 - 21:42
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
The line-up was already awesome.

With Pain Of Salvation, Immolation, Destroyer 666, Pig Destroyer and Trepalium added to the list... definitely it will be THE festival of this summer
05.03.2009 - 21:57
Valentin B
Iconoclast
W.t.F?? this is hands down the MOST EPIC festival lineup i've ever seen..
Buckcherry? they suck(mainstream rock)
----
Long live Metal
Abattoir
Staff
Well, for those who will be attending this festival is going to be sure a lot great bands to see.
05.03.2009 - 22:17
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
So many good names!
Last year was, like, the ultimate festival for me. But this year is also insane. I should go there some day...
05.03.2009 - 22:19
Mariamne
Now it's difficult t refuse...
05.03.2009 - 22:25
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Spyroid on 05.03.2009 at 22:17

So many good names!
Last year was, like, the ultimate festival for me. But this year is also insane. I should go there some day...

Come this year and I'll buy ya a beer. I can't promise this offer will still be valid next year, so...
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
05.03.2009 - 22:35
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Lucas on 05.03.2009 at 22:25

So many good names!

Come this year and I'll buy ya a beer. I can't promise this offer will still be valid next year, so...

Next year you'll offer one to me then!
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
05.03.2009 - 22:54
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Elio on 05.03.2009 at 22:35

Written by Lucas on 05.03.2009 at 22:25

So many good names!

Next year you'll offer one to me then!

All right then... beer's for everyone!

Seriously, it would be cool to meet a couple of you guys. It was a lot of fun last year, I'm sure it'll be fun this year.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
05.03.2009 - 23:00
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Lucas on 05.03.2009 at 22:54

All right then... beer's for everyone!

Be very, VERY careful with sentences like this... you may get out of money very fast, indeed.
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
There's really no way I can afford it if I don't win a lottery :/ but the beer offer is really tempting
Elio
Red Nightmare

Seriously, it would be cool to meet a couple of you guys. It was a lot of fun last year, I'm sure it'll be fun this year.

Infact, I would like that too, considering also that most of you I "know" best are more or less my age...unfortunately this year I have high-school final exams at the end of June so ._.
Anyway, maybe next year
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
05.03.2009 - 23:01
Infurnace
Sure is a nice line-up. Interesting wide range of styles, which is positive.
05.03.2009 - 23:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
ELECTRIC WIZARD , there cant be better reaon to go only how Electric Wizard
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.03.2009 - 23:57
ylside
Staff
Written by Elio on 05.03.2009 at 23:00

Infact, I would like that too, considering also that most of you I "know" best are more or less my age...unfortunately this year I have high-school final exams at the end of June so ._.
Anyway, maybe next year

Screw exams I went to the two last Hellfests while I registered for intensive summer courses which made me miss a lot.
06.03.2009 - 00:04
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by ylside on 05.03.2009 at 23:57

Written by Elio on 05.03.2009 at 23:00

Anyway, maybe next year

Screw exams I went to the two last Hellfests while I registered for intensive summer courses which made me miss a lot.

Well, if I don't do the exams I'll have to repeat the school year...not funny, you know
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
06.03.2009 - 00:35
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Wow, those are some really great bands attending. I big range of bands. Equal amount of underground, popular, and legendary music.
----
Coldgrits
06.03.2009 - 00:40
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Elite
Written by -DC-002- on 06.03.2009 at 00:35

Wow, those are some really great bands attending. I big range of bands. Equal amount of underground, popular, and legendary music.

Yes, that's our force
----
06.03.2009 - 02:09
Warman
Erotic Stains
Awesome!
----
06.03.2009 - 02:14
Galar
Wicked Mung
WOWOWOWOW
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
06.03.2009 - 08:48
Wantti
Account deleted
06.03.2009 - 12:00
Keventaa
Account deleted
That is a realy F*CKING great program
but unfortunatly it is in france
i wish graspop had a program like that
06.03.2009 - 12:22
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Elite
Hey, but it's not so hard to come here with Thalys!

Marcel and Lucas can help there. They will come!
----
06.03.2009 - 12:57
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Papa Roach? REALLY?! Hellfest has come to this? ....depressing.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
06.03.2009 - 13:47
VPeter
Written by LeChron James on 06.03.2009 at 12:57

Papa Roach? REALLY?! Hellfest has come to this? ....depressing.

I don't know about you but I find these moments when such a band plays perfect for shiting breaking, especially since such bands already work on you're bowels.
06.03.2009 - 13:59
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Elite
Papa Roach tours with Motley Crue and Buckcherry... which means what you can understand.
----
06.03.2009 - 17:26
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
This makes me really want to take a plane and go to France for this...

Hits total: 5192 | This month: 9