Metal Storm logo
Anal Cunt

Original post

Posted by Uirapuru, 08.03.2009 - 10:18
That's right, Seth Putnam's weird band.. can't believe theres not even a topic about these guys... Don't know if discuss this is forbid or something (like Nokturnal Mortum not have a profile kind of stuff)...

Anyway, i take some time to decide either to put this topic here in Extreme, or the General Music Sub-forum, since the music they make is pretty much a kind of anti-music... but they have similarities with Death/Grind.. so i just put the thread here..

Musically, this band is agressive as hell, just crazy drums, ''riffs'' (if we can call it that) and an weird vocal.. but what is unique about this band are they lyrics and their content... quite variable... from extreme offence (even racist, but mostly homophobic) songs like ''You'r Gay'', ''Pottery's Gay'', ''Recycling Is Gay'', ''(Random Words) is Gay'' or other kinds: ''You Were Too Ugly To Rape, So I Beat The Shit Out Of You'', ''Even Though Your Culture Opresses Women...'', ''Your Kid Is Deformed''... but there is also lyrics and song themes there are so stupid that comes close to hilarious like ''The Word Homophobic Is Gay'', ''Limp Bizkit Think They're Black, But They're Just Gay'', ''Haha Your Wife Left You'' or ''I Got Athlete's Foot Showering At Mike's''..

Strangely, there is also an ''melodic'' album, with a satirical connotation, its called Picnic of Love.. all songs are light-hearted, about love, marriage, wishes and hope.. the extreme opposite of the band's other features.

It's not a band to recommend to anyone, but it's curious too see such a crappy band, with crappy songs, that only makes polemical or comic songs become relatively famous.. it surely caught my attention for some reason ... for they anti-music being so close to some kinds of metal, I decided to start this topic, in case of anyone has an opinion about all this.
27.12.2011 - 22:09
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by Slayer666 on 27.12.2011 at 21:57

Written by Guest on 27.12.2011 at 19:23

This is easy: AC is the best grindocre band in the whole world! Also, the funniest band too. My favorite album is the first EP, 88 Songs.

AC is a band that barely even plays a coherent musical form. I don't see how that can be "the best one", considering all the other wicked grind out there.
Mind you, I don't give a shit about grindcore in general, but I can tell if a band plays something that has some quality in it, as opposed to... whatever the fuck AC were doing.

Also, AC is the only Grind band I (hardly) listen to.
28.12.2011 - 00:17
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 27.12.2011 at 22:09
Also, AC is the only Grind band I (hardly) listen to.

Which takes away every single piece of credibility in your previous comment about AC being "the best".
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
29.12.2011 - 02:51
Savopipo
Any promotion is good promotion!
----
Check Tystnad out at http://tystnad.bandcamp.com
29.12.2011 - 22:43
Absak

Like Nasum and Fuck The Facts.
29.12.2011 - 23:16
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Absak on 29.12.2011 at 22:43
Meme

Thank you, it needed to be said. Those are two kickass bands you got there btw.

... Or wormrot, or Pig Destroyer, or Circle of dead children... Point is... there's a lot of good grind to even bother with this crap that makes you smile for some minutes and that's it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
16.02.2012 - 16:00
JD
Account deleted
Which album should I start with?
16.02.2012 - 18:25
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 16.02.2012 at 16:00

Start with either I Like It When You Die or 40 More Reasons To Hate Us, before moving to the other, then It Just Got Worse, and check out the rest later. I also recommend listening to the Morbid Florist EP, if you enjoy pure filthy noise, although it is quite discernible in comparison to lots of other noise shit.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
16.02.2012 - 22:54
JD
Account deleted
Written by vezzy on 16.02.2012 at 18:25

Start with either I Like It When You Die or 40 More Reasons To Hate Us, before moving to the other, then It Just Got Worse, and check out the rest later. I also recommend listening to the Morbid Florist EP, if you enjoy pure filthy noise, although it is quite discernible in comparison to lots of other noise shit.

Much appreciated..
29.02.2012 - 13:51
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha

Man, last week I was stuck into this same conundrum when i make myself out of that selecting their random album and gave it a hit and Maaaaaan! it was really awesome to see some vicious noises chirping with heavy bass.

I'll suggest you to pick their any album and listen it. But I cannot give you a guarantee of "Awesomeness".
29.02.2012 - 14:46
BlueMobius
Account deleted
This is a personal favorite of mine (has a lot to do with the music tastes of the people that lived around me when I was in my college years):

29.02.2012 - 15:22
Savopipo
Written by Guest on 29.02.2012 at 14:46

This is a personal favorite of mine (has a lot to do with the music tastes of the people that lived around me when I was in my college years):

Reminded me of this one. Aaah the school daze!

----
29.02.2012 - 16:58
JD
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 29.02.2012 at 13:51

Man, last week I was stuck into this same conundrum when i make myself out of that selecting their random album and gave it a hit and Maaaaaan! it was really awesome to see some vicious noises chirping with heavy bass.

I'll suggest you to pick their any album and listen it. But I cannot give you a guarantee of "Awesomeness".

So far I listened to (I Like It When You Die, 40 More Reasons To Hate Us, and Picnic of Love), and I liked what I heard.
01.03.2012 - 01:39
Savopipo
To me (being swedish) this is just plain punk. The music the lyrics the overall "not being OK with anything" attitude is just punk. I might be mistaken but I see no "metal" about this outfit at all. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with it (quite the opposite it's quite amusing) but it's not metal, not heavy metal, not black metal, not death metal .. it's not metal at all! I like it and I will look into it a bit more because it's a good freaking "go f**k yourself attitude" kinda band but I could never call it METAL.

And that's all I have to say about that.
----