Poll

which is the better crime show?

Lie to Me
The Mentalist

Total votes: 3
09.04.2009 - 14:36
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Well? lol i know there aren't that many fans of these shows around here, so i don't expect lots of replies..

anyway imo even though both shows' main plots evolve EXTREMELY SLOWLY(i'm not entirely convinced there's a plot in Lie To Me though) i think The Mentalist is better, Lie To Me explains much more stuff but Patrick Jane's humor and crazy antics far surpass Cal Lightman's
09.04.2009 - 21:57
-Soulreaper-
I have been watching both of these shows since they started and I think I like Lie to Me better. The main charachter of it is just a better actor too. And if you notice, he was the undercover cop in the movie Reservoir Dogs.
09.04.2009 - 22:06
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by -Soulreaper- on 09.04.2009 at 21:57

I have been watching both of these shows since they started and I think I like Lie to Me better. The main charachter of it is just a better actor too. And if you notice, he was the undercover cop in the movie Reservoir Dogs.

didn't notice that... anyway he's a good actor, but he's aged like hell, it's been 18 years and he's supposed to look older too in this series... glad to see i'm not the only one watching both of them. is it me or did The Mentalist didn't air this week?
09.04.2009 - 22:10
-Soulreaper-
Well, i dont know when it plays in Romania but it plays here on Tuesday nights and it was on. And your right, he does seem to have aged alot.
10.04.2009 - 01:02
Hrothdane
Lie to Me wins for me because it has a better concept and characters. Also, the guy on The Mentalist annoys me.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
10.04.2009 - 02:27
-Soulreaper-
Written by Hrothdane on 10.04.2009 at 01:02

Lie to Me wins for me because it has a better concept and characters. Also, the guy on The Mentalist annoys me.

Yeah, he is kind of annoying.
10.04.2009 - 09:03
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by -Soulreaper- on 10.04.2009 at 02:27

imo he's pretty funny most of the times "so you're suggesting we throw a blind cat?" "yeah." "no." "hahahha, good one"

also the show as a whole is pretty funny sometimes, in a dark and cynical way, "what's in that sack?" "potatoes" or "erm, who are you talking to?" "my friends" "and who are they?" "err... ma'am, i'm a state agent, i'm from CBI and this is a undercover investigation" "ok *bursts into tears*"

and sadly they don't air either shows here so i'm dependent of the guys who upload torrents and stuff, and sometimes they're fake(as is the case for episode 20, i usually watch them on Wednesdays but i've been deprived this week lol)

also what completely shocked me was how well Rigsby and Jane's actors conceal their british/welsh/whatever accents, they do it surprisingly well, check out a behind the scenes vid with them.
10.04.2009 - 15:05
-Soulreaper-
Written by Valentin B on 10.04.2009 at 09:03

Written by -Soulreaper- on 10.04.2009 at 02:27

imo he's pretty funny most of the times "so you're suggesting we throw a blind cat?" "yeah." "no." "hahahha, good one"

also the show as a whole is pretty funny sometimes, in a dark and cynical way, "what's in that sack?" "potatoes" or "erm, who are you talking to?" "my friends" "and who are they?" "err... ma'am, i'm a state agent, i'm from CBI and this is a undercover investigation" "ok *bursts into tears*"

and sadly they don't air either shows here so i'm dependent of the guys who upload torrents and stuff, and sometimes they're fake(as is the case for episode 20, i usually watch them on Wednesdays but i've been deprived this week lol)

also what completely shocked me was how well Rigsby and Jane's actors conceal their british/welsh/whatever accents, they do it surprisingly well, check out a behind the scenes vid with them.

Oh, I know how it is having to be dependent on the Torrents to watch a show. Sucks. Yeah, with Rigsby and Jane, they do a really good job with their charachters too.