Metal Storm logo
Who had better music in their Pop Era (Metallica vs Megadeth)

Poll

Metallica vs Megadeth Pop Era which was better

Cryptic Writing & Risk
Load & Reload

Total votes: 93
20.04.2009 - 06:11
ToMegaTherion
Both Metallica and Megadeth did two genuinely Poppy albums. Metallica with Load & Reload and Megadeth with Cryptic Writings & Risk.

This poll is about who had better music during their respective pop era's.
Was it Metallica with Load & Reload
or Megadeth with Cryptic Writing & Risk

Personally i prefered Megadeth's pop era music, while Risk was not great by any means their were some good songs same with Cryptic Writing which was actually a pretty good album I thought.
Load wasn't a bad metallica album, it certainly had some very good songs, while Reload was almost entirely rubbish.
20.04.2009 - 09:34
Eeric
Account deleted
Cryptic writings and risk would have got whole different respect if those would be from different band, but load and reload would still suck IMO
20.04.2009 - 14:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
OMG its hard to choose, I like some songs from Load and Re Load, but it wont be objective vote , but other hand I like only one song from Meg in ''pop era'' its Die Died Enought but I realy dunno, but even how bad new Megadeath albums sucks they do not suck more how metallica nowdays like band, and beeing metalheads Megadeath still are metalheads I mean closser to roots how Metallica so muisc, imige, attitude,lifestyle, etc generaly I say Megadeath

EDDIT: I did not vote because those albums was werry week n bad so ....
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.04.2009 - 17:51
Dominus
The Shooter
Cryptic Writing & Risk!!!
I love this album and I hate Reload but i believe that Load is a god album.
20.04.2009 - 17:55
Janne
Hugin
LOL this poll.. xD
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
21.04.2009 - 00:00
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Cryptic Writings still has some good songs on it, so I voted Megadeth. There are some shitty songs on it though, plus Risk is just horrible, but there isn't one song on Load or Reload that I like, besides Fuel but I got sick of that song in like the 7th grade.
26.04.2009 - 21:50
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
I have to say... NEITHER! A time I want to forget and hopefully not to repeat.
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
01.05.2009 - 03:14
ToMegaTherion
Written by SlaytallicA on 26.04.2009 at 21:50

I have to say... NEITHER! A time I want to forget and hopefully not to repeat.

LOL, i agree, lets hope we never see that effort again.
I thought however since these albums do exist and they enters pop charts at one time or another that there would be enough fans to get a decent poll going on this subject. But this poll really is a case of which set of albums sucked the least. Dispite that fact that there are decent s songs on each of these albums excluding reload which just plain sucked.
19.08.2009 - 16:48
terrorist
I like all four albums so i will not vote.I consider this four albums great even if they are not true Megadeth and Metallica they are unique because the musicians are great and that is what matters to me.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
01.09.2009 - 03:16
Kratos
I'm going to go with Megadeth alot of good songs on Cryptic Writing none on Risk one on Load none on Reload
01.09.2009 - 15:19
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
It seems that you are mistaking pop albums for commercially successful albums. None of those four albums are pop albums. Just because they were very popular and sold many copies to non-Metalheads doesn't make them pop. Yes, I will agree that the music may not have been Metal all the way through but it was very far from pop music.

Let us take Load for example (which might actually be my favorite Metallica album) and look at the songs on it. The album is made up of some Post-Grunge, Alt. Country, Heavy Rock & Metal. Nothing about the writing, playing or production is pop about it.
----
(space for rent)
01.09.2009 - 15:37
Warman
Erotic Stains
Eaaaasyyyyy! I already really do like "Load" and "ReLoad", while "Cryptic Writings" has like one great song and "Risk" is shit.
----
01.09.2009 - 16:59
Hanyuchan
Metallica for sure, I mean Fuel is a freaking anthem. King Nothing pretty much attacks every rapper ever, and Untill it sleeps just sounded cool in my opinion.
17.09.2009 - 22:05
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Wow, hard too choose

I find Load better than both Cryptic Writings and Risk, yet I find ReLoad as really weak and patchy, both Megadeth albums mentioned are better than ReLoad (however crazy this may sound).

So I've got one Metallica album I consider better than both Megadeth albums and two Megadeth albums better than one Metallica album.
What to do, what to choose...
18.09.2009 - 00:01
Angel Of Mercy
Chrush em!, yes risk was a complete waste of time.

Cryptic Writings wasn't that bad.

Don't like load or reload. so i'm allright there.
----
Your time will come.
18.09.2009 - 00:08
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Heh...what an interesting topic...which worst is better?

voted for Megadeth
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

20.01.2010 - 01:20
thewall30
I never could stand Metallica's Load and Reload. I actually liked Cryptic Writings, but never bought Risk because I didn't think it was worth it...

So I like Megadeth much better anyways...
----
20.01.2010 - 02:28
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Voted for Megadeth, as I really like and enjoy Cryptic Writings.
That said, Risk (insomnia being the exception) is such a piece of crap that it makes Load and even Reload shine like pieces of art...
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
19.10.2010 - 03:01
Fenrisborg
Account deleted
I really don't like any of these albums, but there are a few songs on Cryptic Writing which are almost good, so Megadeth gets my vote.
19.10.2010 - 03:44
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Megadeth didn't do any 'pop' albums. and if by 'pop era' you mean their 'non heavy' albums then that would only be Risk.. not cryptic writings.
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
19.10.2010 - 05:09
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I don't think anything on the "Load" albums aside from maybe the ballads, qualifies as pop. Whereas songs like "Ecstasy", "Crush 'Em", and "I'll Be There" most definitely do qualify as pop rock. lol

My opinion on which of the band's lighter material I prefer, is actually very close to JohnDoe's. I think "Load" is better than both Megadeth albums, but find both Megadeth albums to be better than "Reload". Not that I think "Reload" is a bad album, but it is the patchiest of the 4. lol Im going to have to call it a tie, its too close to choose for me. xD
19.10.2010 - 13:01
MetalFist
Account deleted
Despite the fact i hate this album, Load and ReLoad are btter than Megadeths.
05.11.2010 - 18:36
.Nemesis.
Metallica and megadeth were never pop. they were heavy metal and then turned to hard rock.
----
You try to awaken me, the flesh dripping with blood
My body is there, but my soul a perilous void
Aethereal existence coming off in ambient waves
I am nothing. I AM N1H1L.
07.11.2010 - 22:54
SlaytanicGonzo
I think you should have included Youthanasia in Megadeth's "pop" records. Great album, btw.

I think Load is the best album out of those four. Great album, not as good as Metallica's first 5, but still amazing. Reload has some good songs here and there, but it's overall pretty weak.
Cryptic Writings, great album, but again, quite a few fillers.
Risk is crap.
09.11.2010 - 16:05
I love Megadeth But in that Era the Megadeth two albums are gona down too Much but after that They went up !!!!
07.12.2010 - 16:55
JD
Account deleted
Voted to Cryptic Writing & Risk.
08.12.2010 - 08:06
zomgmetal
Account deleted
GIMME FUE GIMME FAI GIMME DABAJABAZA
26.04.2011 - 22:46
Ghostdancer
Cryptic Writings and Risk. This was the point that Metallica was totally lost to me. I've hated Metallica since Load was released and no matter how I try I cannot like anything past the black album...which was really crap in comparison to what had come previously. I personally found the Megadeth material better written. I guess it's not completely fair. I never listened to Re-load.
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"
27.04.2011 - 19:19
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Hmm... I like both load and Cryptic Writings, but Load slightly more... I don't like Risk or Reload, but Reload is among the worst albums I've heard. Megadeth, simply because of how much I hate Reload.
29.04.2011 - 23:57
blacktooth85
Hmmm.....this is a tough one, But i actually kind of like Cryptic Writings. Risk on the other hand....I maybe listened to Load and Reload maybe once. I remember selling Reload to some kid when i was in grade school. It sucked so bad. So I'm going Megadeth