‹‹ Back to the Extreme metal forum
Users visited: 22  
Search this topic:  

theflyingmachine

05.05.2009 at 16:07
Broken Hope is an amazing death metal band from Chicago, which apparently never got their due, considering that there isn't one topic devoted to them on this thread???

Anyways, they released five albums. I consider Swamped in Gore to be their best. The tracks are catchy, and the vocalist is spot on with that album. The production is raw, but there are no flaws and everything can be heard.

The Bowels of Repugnance is also in the vein of their debut, and had some excellent tracks, including the classic Hobo Stew. I'm not sure if it is me or the album, but the production seemed to be kind of weak, and worse than Swamped in Gore???

Their following three albums, Loathing, Repulsive Conception, and Grotesque Blessings, had a shift in direction, and I definitely prefer their old sound. But, there are some people who insist they just got better with each album.

I hope there are some other fans of this band on here. If not, you need to check out their first two albums
Dangerboner
:D

05.05.2009 at 16:37
These guys are really underrated. Swamped in Gore is pretty sick, but they slowly became worse... kinda like Internal Bleeding.

lol they aren't on MS

Edit: I suggested them so vote to get them added
----
Written by muthafucka on 30.06.2010 at 00:47

your mom is 7000 yr old because your a dinosaur

Written by John Barleycorn on 11.11.2010 at 14:17
I am not in general a fan of wankery but I can enjoy some good masturbation from time to time
theflyingmachine

05.05.2009 at 17:19
Pyro did you think the production was worse on Bowels of Repugnance than Swamped in Gore, or is it just me?
Dangerboner
:D

07.05.2009 at 02:28
Yeah it's much more muffled than Swamped in Gore. Still tolerable though
----
Written by muthafucka on 30.06.2010 at 00:47

your mom is 7000 yr old because your a dinosaur

Written by John Barleycorn on 11.11.2010 at 14:17
I am not in general a fan of wankery but I can enjoy some good masturbation from time to time
BreadGod
Captain Virgin

07.05.2009 at 04:34
I agree with the view that their best album was "Swamped In Gore" and they went downhill after that. I won't even bother with any of the other releases.
----
Death Metal Bread
MAH BLAAGH
Quote:
Clearly your a virgin, go join captain virgin and the virginteers , the power is your lol
theflyingmachine

08.05.2009 at 03:41
Written by Dangerboner on 07.05.2009 at 02:28

Yeah it's much more muffled than Swamped in Gore. Still tolerable though

Yea I thought it was kind of like Here in After vs Dawn of Possession in production, but it always blows my mind when a band has worse production on the second album.

Another Broken Hopeian! With a release like their debut, I figured there would have to be more than two fans on this site. :-P
Cynic Metalhead
Atrocious Virgin

15.04.2013 at 19:24
Broken Hope - (ostentatious?)Studio Update.

Quote:
As of today, ALL the guitar work for the new BH album is finished! After weeks of precise detail to every brutal note, Jeremy Wagner (Official) and Chuck Wepfer have tracked 4 rhythm tracks per song, plus all the leads and harmonies where called for.

*No hype, no bullshit, no arrogance...BROKEN HOPE is confident in saying: "For ALL death metal fans, we sincerely believe that riff-for-riff, hook-for-hook, song-by-gory-song, this new album is definitely BROKEN HOPE's FINEST hour!!!"

As you will all hear in the near future, this new BH album promises to be a pummeling journey of relentless guitar and bass riffing, sick drums, and massive vocals--from start-to-finish.
----

Advertise on Metal Storm

Login or register to post here.